Not open for further replies.

Algernon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2010
Rocky Mount, VA, USA
www.flickr.com
861.jpg

I'm here to talk about this, this is a passthrough made by electronicstix.com. This passthrough is extremely homebrew, but ingeniously so and I love it. I love every grimy detail of it. I'm glad I have something that wasn't punched out on an assembly line and some modder took the time to put this together.

It literally is a gutted 510 battery that has been rewired into a passthrough, and it works so movie-esque that it isn't even funny.

You know how in a movie when something is rigged up, it acts like it still did, only with the attatchment? That's how this works. The led still blinks when it's plugged in and shines when it's turned on. The odd thing is that you can see this homebrew mod technology at work with the wire just stuck through a hole bored into the face of the e-cig. It shows that someone put this together by hand and I like that.

It puts out 5-volts very well and the construction seems fine, the cord is nice and thick as any standard USB cord is and it puts it out steady without much fuss at all.

Beefs:

I do have them, and here they are.
The connector on this battery is flattened down and this seems to make the drag a bit harder. There's not as much airflow as there is with my Joye battery passthrough but all it takes is a bit more willpower and there you go, giant cloud of awesome vapor, here there and everywhere.

Also... this could be better done with an Ultra/Mega battery, but I know the expense would probably drive the price up. I'm a big guy with big hands and holding this thing still feels cigarette-ish. I might enclose it up in something at some point to give me something more to hold onto but this is more a personal gripe than anything else. I palm literally everything I hold and press the button with my thumb and being that my first e-cig was a 510 mega, I can see how it would feel odd to me.

So go buy one already, they're cheap and awesome and hand made.
Best passthrough for the price if you've got the power to push it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread