eLiquid Bans and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThunderT

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2012
Hoosier
So like many of you I have read threads and blogs talking about banning eliquid or regulating to an extreme etc and so on.

I start to think about buying bulk juice, figuring out the best way to store it, while doing so I ran into a thread here on ECF that said,

"I have been seeing alot of talk about FDA bans etc. so I was thinking about stocking up on eliquid and was wondering if anyone knew the shelf life of the liquid? Should I keep it in the fridge or is room temperature the same? Would it last for a year or more unopened?"

The exact question that I was going to ask, the difference is that the above post was from May of 2009. over four years ago.

4 YEARS!

So to hoard or not to hoard? :confused: or are we going to be talking about eliquid bans in 2017?

J.R. Bob Dobbs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
near buffalo, NY
they cannot ban batteries, especially when the batteries can be used in so many other things. that would be like banning red cars because they might drive to fast. Or banning forks because they could make someone fat. Its not the intended purpose but how its used. Even then its a matter of enforcement.

DeeDee1234

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2013
Texas
I weaned off nic for just that concern.

I now DIY, so all that's involved is PG, VG, and flavoring. They can't ban any of those things, so I should be set.

I worry more about the actul batts being banned,,,,,if that happens, or looks like it will, I'll go mod.

no worries.

They can't ban batteries. Nicotine would be the only thing they could ban and I don't see that happening in the US with all the BIg companies involved now.Limiting strength or taxing the ***** of of it. Sure

skyztheLynnit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
All the chatter spooked me so i placed an order for nic only.. 750ml-100mg/ml. Yes it's strong but I'm not looking to DIY unless there are bans/excessive tax hikes. It's being seperated into small amber glass bottles.. bubble wrapped in a cardboard box and into the freezer it goes. I hope i never have to use it :)

skyztheLynnit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
They can't ban batteries. Nicotine would be the only thing they could ban and I don't see that happening in the US with all the BIg companies involved now.Limiting strength or taxing the ***** of of it. Sure
They can ban batteries specifically made for ecig use (ego).

TomCatt

Da Catt
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Upland, PA
Back in 2009, the FDA was calling ecigs drug delivery devices and wanting them to go the pharmaceutical regulations route; they were also seizing shipments from China. Hence the hoarding. Then Judge Leon determined ecigs to be tobacco products.

Today, FDA has been stating (threatening?) that they will institute "deeming" regulations for ecigs. This could potentially take everything off the market except those items available before 2007; everything after 2007 could potentially have to go through testing and trials. A couple or three deadlines for these "deeming" regulations have come and gone and still no word from the FDA. Hence the hoarding.

Today's fears are that the FDA will leave us with nothing but pre-filled cartos with limited, if any, flavor choices.

But, as far as I know, nothing is on the immediate horizon for this to get settled, one way or the other.

DeeDee1234

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2013
Texas
All the chatter spooked me so i placed an order for nic only.. 750ml-100mg/ml. Yes it's strong but I'm not looking to DIY unless there are bans/excessive tax hikes. It's being seperated into small amber glass bottles.. bubble wrapped in a cardboard box and into the freezer it goes. I hope i never have to use it :)

I keep mine in a Maxwell house coffee can. The plastic coffee can gives the bottles even more protection from bumps in the freezer. I have each bottle wrapped in bubblewrap and then in the coffee can with the bubble wrap in the open spaces.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread