Eliquid nicotine level issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingTurtleLeg

Feb 4, 2017
So this may sound kinda stupid but I'm an everyday vaper for 3 years now and I've had an issue quitting smoking as well. Generally I know that should mean just up ur nicotine level right? But my issue is that my lungs reject anything above 3mg nicotine level. Any thoughts on types of juices that would be smoother on the lungs at a higher nic level for someone that still loves clouds? I love to vape as a hobby and generally don't crave the nasty stick but I don't quite get the fix from my vape unless I keep it in my hand all day. Any thoughts would be highly appreciated!

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Nicotine in vapor is readily absorbed by the body...in the tissues of your mouth and nasal passages as well. You might want to try pulling the vapor in only about as far as the back of your throat or even half way down to your lungs, holding it there for just a second or 2, and exhaling it through your nose and/or mouth.

I smoked 1 - 1 1/2 PAD for 42+ years...and inhaled all the time. But vaping my 7mg eliquids, I do the above and get my "nic fix" just fine without lung inhaling. Got me off the smokes alittle more than 3 years ago vaping like that, and I know I'll never want nor need another smoke.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
In my opinion it sounds to me like it is poor quality nicotine because I have had some commercial e-Liquids that burned my throat and made me cough at 3MG. So bad it was wash out the tank and install a new atomizer. Keep in mind this is just my opinion or guess but is is based on my personal experiences. With my Nic Select I can vape 24MG because just for an experiment I did it recently~! Did not adversely affect me but it did pack a good buzz!

Carlyle Fitzgerald

Dec 17, 2016
As others have said, it's probably cheap nicotine. I had that problem with poorly-made juices when I first started vaping, and switching to premium juice solved it. It was like night and day.

Get a small bottle of premium at 6 mg/ml and try it. You can always dilute it with lower nic juice if that doesn't do the trick. Or even better, bum one of your friends out of a tank! :)

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Well I tried that just a while ago and it failed me miserably anytime the strong nic hits my lungs I choke. Idk maybe I gotta dip more lol

If you were talking about what I suggested about in my post above...it shouldn't even get down to your lungs, to cause choking. Bring it in only about 2-3" down from the back of your mouth...about Adam's apple depth, if even that far. Takes alittle practice, but it'll work!

10Pups

Jan 14, 2017
Orange, California
I hacked and coughed for 3 days and couldn't figure it out. Premium juices 70/30 mixes. What the heck ?? Then one day I looked at the labels with a lupe and saw my new 70/30 was 70 PG NOT 70 VG. Set that juice aside and no more problems. It may not be an issue for you until you get higher nic levels. Just my opinion :<0)
Hard for me to believe it's bad nicotine if you have tried so many premium juices. They don't all use the same suppliers. In all the things you've tried there is 1 constant your missing. Maybe it just is the nicotine.

Reactions: DavidOck

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
I hacked and coughed for 3 days and couldn't figure it out. Premium juices 70/30 mixes. What the heck ?? Then one day I looked at the labels with a lupe and saw my new 70/30 was 70 PG NOT 70 VG. Set that juice aside and no more problems. It may not be an issue for you until you get higher nic levels. Just my opinion :<0)
Hard for me to believe it's bad nicotine if you have tried so many premium juices. They don't all use the same suppliers. In all the things you've tried there is 1 constant your missing. Maybe it just is the nicotine.

Used to be that PG was always listed first...

And we're all different. Some have issues with PG, some with VG. For me, 50% VG is almost too much, get that heavy chest/lung feel, lots of phlegm. So I mix all my flavors to about 65/35, and it works - for me!

Some experimentation may be needed to find what's best for any individual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread