Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivisi

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2009
Orlando, FL
www.composed-chaos.com
The first beta of my new Android DIY application has been uploaded to the Android Market.

It's called eliquid Recipe Manager (Beta), and is published by Composed Chaos, my new all-in-one software/music publishing company. It's listed under the Apps/Lifestyle section of the market, and is targeted for Android 1.6 and up. Thought about putting it in Apps/Health, but didn't think people would appreciate the humor.

Right now, it is nothing more than a simple 2-flavor calculator with a zero-nic option. Plug in your parameters, click the button, and it measures out how much of each ingredient you'll need to reach your target volume. There is also one known bug in it, and that is the "Percentage Free" calculation is a bit too "literal" in its display. I'm currently working on that, and should have a fix published soon.

New features coming in the next few weeks, in staggered releases:
Saving of frequently used bases and flavors.
Ability to save and recall favorite recipes.
Sharing recipes through email or text export.
Create mixes with up to 5 flavors.
Set personal measurements, such as drops per ml.

I've also decided that, instead of releasing a paid (.99 cent) version with all features and a free one that removes a couple of the 'convenience' features of the full version, I'm going to release an ad-supported (won't be obnoxious, I swear) version and a 'donate' version that will be ad-free. Both version will be fully functional. The paid version and the ads will not come until most, if not all, of my target features are in place and the app is relatively stable.

What I'm looking for in this first release is that it acts stable, and that the math works out correctly.

With this, I'll also have some support forums for the app at my website. While you can feel free to leave feedback here, and I fully welcome both the good and the bad, if you could also report bugs there, it would help tremendously. The forums are at Composed Chaos Forums • Index page.

Thanks a bunch,

Ivisi

Safira

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2009
Plainfield,IL
Ivisi, I love you and if I wasn't already happily married I might ask you to marry me right now. Thank you so much, my hubby has an I pod but it's his and having to get it from him when I want to make something quickly is a pain. (stupid Angry Birds game, well, not so stupid, I'm addicted to that game too) I love Scubbabatdan's calculator but, it's on the computer and not so easy to use when my kids are all fighting for the computer. Having this on my EVO just made me love this phone a little bit more.

Yes saving recipes would be great. With a quick glance there is one little thing I'm wondering if you could do something with. The "filler" part of the calculator. Is there a different way it can be worked out? I don't use any VG in my juice so all the left over is 100% PG. But I could see for some that use nic juice and maybe have the filler at 80 % VG, and 20 % PGA or whatever this may be a little hard to figure out. Is there anyway to have that filler part plug in differently. Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems it might be confusing for those that use a mix of different things in their filler.

But, all in all thank you for starting this project. For my really complicated recipes I'll still use the calculator on my computer. But, most of the time when I go make my juice I think it would be nice if I had something on my phone.

Ivisi

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2009
Orlando, FL
www.composed-chaos.com
Part of the plan for the saving of bases/flavors/fillers is to allow you to configure and choose starting base values very quickly from bases/fillers you've saved. That way, when you start a new recipe, you can choose a 60mg PG nic base and an 80PG/20VG blend setting for filler, and all you would have to plug in would be your target nic amount, target volume, and your flavorings, and the app would figure out the proportions of everything else. Hopefully that will address what you're looking for, as you'd be able to specify a 100% PG blend when you start the recipe.

For now, there's a available amount remaining number at the bottom of the list, right above the Calculate button. Fill in your base information, then fill in how much flavor you want. Whatever is left over in that Amount Available, that's the number you plug into the PG value to make your mix 100% PG.

Ivisi

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2009
Orlando, FL
www.composed-chaos.com
Thank you guys very much for the positive feedback so far. :)

Minor update pushed out this morning, should make the text fields easier to see and select. Next major revision will be mid to late next week, and will include the ability to save base nic liquids and set a predetermined PG/VG ratio. Should save some time in entering your amounts. You'll still have the option of entering everything manually, like it is right now. Between then and now, more bug fixes as they get reported to me.

After that, saving the recipes so you can quickly get to common or favorite blends. That's when this app will become more than a simple calculator. :)

Ivisi

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2009
Orlando, FL
www.composed-chaos.com
Here's the official description of the next major beta release, which will be version 0.2.

Recipes will be based on ratios, using your predefined bases and flavors. Each base and flavor entry will be designated as PG-based or VG-based, and you’ll only need to specify which nic base to use (or none, supports 0 nic options), how much flavor to add, how much you want to make in ml, and the PG/VG ratio. The app will take your base and flavor into consideration when determining how much PG or VG to add to the mix to get to the desired mix.

I'll have a detailed roadmap of the rest of the feature implementation up on my website tomorrow, so anyone who's interested in such mundane things can bore themselves at their leisure.

Whistle_Pig

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2010
Littleton, CO, U.S.
I'm guessing that's written in Java. How are you storing recipes? I was thinking about writing a Python app for recipes, to run on Linux, with the storage in XML, so it could be easily used in multiple programs, or just displayed as XHTML using an XSLT recipe.

Of course, I have to learn Python, and PyGTK, but that's part of the point of doing it.

Ivisi

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2009
Orlando, FL
www.composed-chaos.com
Version 0.2 is now available on the market, and it's been a long time coming. Lost my source files for Photoshop, and the market required some changes to be made to the included graphics in the application entry, so I had to search and search for them until I finally located them earlier today. Phew!

Version 0.2 does NOT include the ratio feature eluded to before, but does allow you to change the default Drops Per ML setting. Also, there's some over-the-Internet error reporting I've added to help me fix issues quickly in future versions.

Details on the release are on my website at eLiquid Recipe Manager v0.2 now available on the Android Market | Composed Chaos.

The next version, 0.3, will finally introduce PG/VG ratios as opposed to having to enter the values by hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread