EMS, China airmail or DHL, which you prefer?

EMS, Cihina airmail or DHL?

• EMS, 18 usd for 1st 500g and 5.5 usd for each additional 500g , delivery time 8-10 days

• China airmail, 2.7 usd for 1st 100g and 1.5 usd for each additional 100g , delivery time 15-60 days

• DHL, normally 10-50% more than EMS, more heavy more cheap, 4-5 days

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

newsunshine

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2009
China
www.healthcabin.net
I say keep it the same and offer EMS and airmail. For USA at least. My experience with DHL is much the same as Brad Smith with idiot drivers, mishandled packages, and the only times I've even had to pay customs duty is with DHL packages.

got it. you vote for EMS and China airmail and vote against DHL. i am a bit surprised to know your terrible experience with DHL, because i thought they charged much more than EMS and should offer better customer service. it seemed that i was wrong. thank you for your fixing my wrong impression.

EMS +5 points
DHL -2 points
Fedex -1 point
China airmail +5 point

AlexTM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Cologne, Germany
www.dampfzeichen.de
Alex, i am sorry that you have only one choice, always airmail. is there a chance that your custom regulation will change ?

Everything is possible with lawmakers :D But I seriously doubt it, since those 19% are basically (leaving aside a lot of legal stuff) VAT, which you have to pay for everything here anyway. It's rather surprising they let 22 Euros through without asking for them.

AlexTM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Cologne, Germany
www.dampfzeichen.de
Alex, i am sorry that you have only one choice, always airmail. is there a chance that your custom regulation will change ?

As I have just learned: This 22-Euro-limit from which the VAT-equivalent can be charged is not a German limit, it's a EU limit. Although probably there are vast differences in how exactly this is handeled, it would seem very unwise to get rid of airmail anytime soon. ;)

They did change it a while ago, BTW - upped the limit from 10 Euros to 22. Doesn't look as if there was a significant increase in the making.

newsunshine

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2009
China
www.healthcabin.net
Everything is possible with lawmakers :D But I seriously doubt it, since those 19% are basically (leaving aside a lot of legal stuff) VAT, which you have to pay for everything here anyway. It's rather surprising they let 22 Euros through without asking for them.

I like your input "Everything is possible with lawmakers". it works everywhere. :laugh:

newsunshine

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2009
China
www.healthcabin.net
EMS is the way to go, Airmail to my country is extremely slow and with a high risk of get stolen/lost. DHL is full of corruption and all shipping is stopped by customs at the international airport, they confiscate all electronics items.
Not problem with any EMS shipping, always arrive fine.

thank you for your vote and information about shipping in your country. it is very helpful.

yes. Argentina is so far away from china. so it is normal that china airmail need many days to reach you.

i am a bit surprised about DHL made such a bad impression in your country.:evil:

btw, is ecig legal there?:confused:

EMS +6 points
DHL -3 points
Fedex -1 point
China airmail +4 point

newsunshine

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2009
China
www.healthcabin.net
i had at least 50 airmail packaged this year, not one got lost, but 2 ordinary european packages of ~12.

ok, one of the 50 is now at customs, but i think not a big deal, as always.

it seem that all German will vote for china airmail without hesitation. :laugh:

EMS +6 points
DHL -3 points
Fedex -1 point
China airmail +5 point

Joseph112

Nov 29, 2010
Argentina
i am a bit surprised about DHL made such a bad impression in your country.:evil:

btw, is ecig legal there?:confused:

I think the problem of DHL in my country are corrupted custom officials and different laws for private carriers. Every electronics that need to connect to AC power, need to go trough "Secretary of industry" to get an approbation of safety (like UL in Usa) but this law appear to only apply to private carriers like DHL. This law make almost impossible to pick-up any electronics bring by DHL unless you want to spend big bucks to pay the the legal fees or...."corruption fees"

Ecigs legality here is still unclear, the ANMAT (like FDA in USA) said ecigs are not allowed to be imported but at the same time they don't have any jurisdiction over electronics, then they cannot stop any shipping.
The only problem could be the nicotine liquid but currently every EMS shipping arrive fine, even if the custom inspect them, therefore there is not a problem till now.

newsunshine

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2009
China
www.healthcabin.net
I think the problem of DHL in my country are corrupted custom officials and different laws for private carriers. Every electronics that need to connect to AC power, need to go trough "Secretary of industry" to get an approbation of safety (like UL in Usa) but this law appear to only apply to private carriers like DHL. This law make almost impossible to pick-up any electronics bring by DHL unless you want to spend big bucks to pay the the legal fees or...."corruption fees"

Ecigs legality here is still unclear, the ANMAT (like FDA in USA) said ecigs are not allowed to be imported but at the same time they don't have any jurisdiction over electronics, then they cannot stop any shipping.
The only problem could be the nicotine liquid but currently every EMS shipping arrive fine, even if the custom inspect them, therefore there is not a problem till now.

thank you for the information. we will recomment EMS to all guys from Argentina. :)

Mildew

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2010
Oztralia
As an Australian, I vote Airmail, EMS and DHL! Because we can only have one choice I actually voted for DHL, simply to boost support for it. :)
Airmail is OK for small orders as it's the cheapest option - 10 to 14 days, but longer in peak times
EMS is good for faster, receipted shipping - around 1 week, but can be held up sometimes.
DHL would be good, especially with larger/wholesale orders. Other China suppliers use it, takes only a few days even in peak times.

Last edited:

newsunshine

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2009
China
www.healthcabin.net
As an Australian, I vote Airmail, EMS and DHL! Because we can only have one choice I actually voted for DHL, simply to boost support for it. :)
Airmail is OK for small orders as it's the cheapest option - 10 to 14 days, but longer in peak times
EMS is good for faster, receipted shipping - around 1 week, but can be held up sometimes.
DHL would be good, especially with larger/wholesale orders. Other China suppliers use it, takes only a few days even in peak times.

Thank you for telling us the shipping information in Australia. that is helpful.

i am a bit surprised to know that DHL works well there, after i was impressed by DHL bad performance in some countries. it seems that DHL Australian office is the best DHL office so far. Btw, whether Australia is the headquater of DHL?

anyway fast and stable shipping during in peak times deserve your vote. :)

EMS +7 points
DHL -2 points
Fedex -1 point
China airmail +7 point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread