End of Month 2: is this a milestone in the withdrawal process?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MsComptrtchr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Tucson, it's a dry heat
ok, so, today marks the end of the 2nd month of vaping :::clap clap clap::: but now I am running into some issues. I think I read earlier that there are things going on at Month 2. Correct?

Here's the thing - I am totally happy with vaping: my equipment is all working great (eVics and EVODS with a few cartos and a protank), I have found a few juices that could qualify as ADVs, my appetite and energy are back, I know what nic and PG/VG works for me, I am drinking tons of water, skin's all cleared up, and I feel comfortable and settled in with vaping. I have NO desire to go to an analog.

So, in the last few days, I have developed a little cough/tic thing on the inhale, my voice is coming in and out, and my anxiety has come back full tilt. What is going on? Is this some sort of new thing that happens in tobacco withdrawal at this stage?

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
It varies for alot of us when various withdrawal things hit.

I am a bit farther in than you by a few weeks and am just now getting the coughing up all the crud stage I should have had 8 weeks ago :p

It is difficult for me to say on anxiety since it can have so very many triggers in daily life. Only you or maybe a doctor could diagnose that one.

If you are really concerned see a doctor.

Fred Garvin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
A milestone is reaching whatever goal you set for yourself. If two months is a milestone for you, Congrats!

It does vary for everyone....I never went through the cough...where you're supposed to hack up all the junk in your lungs....never did it. I guess maybe because I have seasonal hayfever and every year I get a cold or two and I cough up for weeks afterward.

The biggest change for me was my sense of taste returning...and it did happen around the two month mark. First thing I noticed was some foods I'd always loved, I no longer liked. Then my lemon drops were really sour.....and one morning....the toothpaste was almost too strong for me to bear! Holy cow that minty freshness was overwhelming...and the Listerine rinse....OMG....

I can also smell things so much more....especially strong odors like smoke....or sewage.....I ride a motorcycle and you smell everything out there......

Skauth

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2013
Austin, Texas
So I've only been vaping for six months, and my equipment experience is pretty limited. However I'll offer my perspective, having gone through similar stuff and also being a longtime student of anxiety.

First of all, be aware that you may suffer the occasional or even some persistent respiratory issues for some time, despite improvement in that area which I'm sure you're already experiencing. Smoking as we all know is extremely damaging to your throat, lungs, esophageal tissue, etc... Withdrawals from chemicals may not be the only issue you have to get through.

Secondly, remember that there are a myriad of potential causes for irritation like this, and even if an extraneous source is irritating your throat and lungs vaping may well become less comfortable as a result and thereby appear to be the primary cause. I would suggest that if you've truly specced out exactly what equipment and ratios are best for you, and feel your nic intake is not overdone(and you haven't recently changed your equipment or supplier of juice) , then it is very likely that your PV/vaping is not the primary cause of your recent coughing issues. It is probably just exacerbating a different condition when you vape, which still should be of concern but may afford you some small peace of mind.

Lastly, if you're anything like me, your anxiety is almost certainly stemming from a physical affliction without explanation. ie your throat problem. Whenever I have discomfort or pain that I can't readily explain or alleviate, it is always quickly followed by strong anxiety spikes, sometimes pretty persistent. You don't want to go back to smoking, and all of a sudden something about vaping seeks problematic and you don't know why. Boom, anxiety central. It makes sense. But once again, I would suggest that this is a separate issue from nicotine withdrawal or vaping habits.

Don't take my words as gold or anything, but I've been there. You'll get through it, just remember to keep calm and keep thinking about how much healthier your body is than two months ago!

Good luck. :)

Ps I would second the above comment that if your issues become severe, you should consult a physician.

I think, once past that withdrawal demand of picking up an analog, its different for everyone depending on too many factors to count. From all the testimonies and from experience it can run a broad spectrum too. My hubby and I seemed to be pretty far apart on the range of withdrawal changes.

I never had the throat 'tic' or cough (I, too, spend a month a year doing that with allergies so maybe that is why) but hubby hit a wall at about 6-8 weeks where he kept the neighborhood awake while he tried to cough it all up. Even with the coughing he said the throat tic from the sinus drain was the more annoying of the withdrawal he went through. Thankfully after a couple of weeks it was over with.

It help him to use an over the counter mucolytic (like mucinex) and saline nasal spray while he went through this.

mad maori

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2012
new zealand
ive been over a year ciggie free and about 3 month ago i started coughing big time.. it does take a while for your lungs to start working properly and getting all the crud out.. as far as the throat thing goes i had same issue- i stopped useing clearos with silica wicks and then it went away. i thought it may of been pg related but found if i used a carto tank no problem.. also no problem with a genny r.b.a. or any clearo as long as i re-wick with hemp or cotton.. what type of clearo you use may be the problem... just a guess...

ok, so, today marks the end of the 2nd month of vaping :::clap clap clap::: but now I am running into some issues. I think I read earlier that there are things going on at Month 2. Correct?

Here's the thing - I am totally happy with vaping: my equipment is all working great (eVics and EVODS with a few cartos and a protank), I have found a few juices that could qualify as ADVs, my appetite and energy are back, I know what nic and PG/VG works for me, I am drinking tons of water, skin's all cleared up, and I feel comfortable and settled in with vaping. I have NO desire to go to an analog.

So, in the last few days, I have developed a little cough/tic thing on the inhale, my voice is coming in and out, and my anxiety has come back full tilt. What is going on? Is this some sort of new thing that happens in tobacco withdrawal at this stage?

MsComptrtchr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Tucson, it's a dry heat
I never had the throat 'tic' or cough (I, too, spend a month a year doing that with allergies so maybe that is why) but hubby hit a wall at about 6-8 weeks where he kept the neighborhood awake while he tried to cough it all up. Even with the coughing he said the throat tic from the sinus drain was the more annoying of the withdrawal he went through. Thankfully after a couple of weeks it was over with.

Stormwench - I think that's it - sinus drain. My nose has been sniffly and runny from what I assumed to be juice/vapor. I think I must have drainage that is causing me to cough. I called it a tic because I'm not coughing anything up; it's like a tickle in the back of my throat and it only happens when vaping recently. Plus its been SO DRY here in AZ right now.

And FG - you're right - I used the wrong word - milestone should have been more like mile marker - a stopping point in the process, yk? Like I said, everything has been working for me in terms of vaping, except this cough and losing my voice.

The anxiety could be from another source, and yes, I am seeing a dr. for it. I just thought that with lowering my nic, the anxiety would pass and it had for a week or two, until it returned today.

Thanks everyone for well-wishes and congrats. If anyone knows of any other "issues" that seem to arise around the 8 week mark, please chime in!

MsComptrtchr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Tucson, it's a dry heat
I've only has once instance of a craving, I'm thankful for that. How did your voice change? I don't want to lose my deep smokey Dj voice :)

In fact your voice will change a little. People has noticed it in me. And the one thing I love now is I can laugh hard without having a coughing fit! Im going on 7 months and haven't really had a craving since month 3 so it does get better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread