ENDS Electronic Nicotine Delivery System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Motivaper

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2010
Vancouver BC
I may never understand why it matters what they're called and, frankly, electronic nicotine delivery system or device is the most accurate description.

I suppose it's all semantics but they are electronic, they do/can deliver nicotine, and they are a device, all of which is more accurate than calling them electronic "cigarettes" because they're definitely NOT cigarettes!

If I were in the business of selling them, I'd want to stress the fact that they can be used to help quit or reduce smoking (not guaranteed any more than any other aide) but nonetheless, most people try them for the first time as a means of stopping smoking, not as a pleasurable alternative.

If a seller were to call their product an electronic nicotine delivery system, does that mean they're "making claims" about the products purpose, benefits, or other things not allowed prior to approval, or are they simply giving their product a name?

AlmightyGod

My friends call me A.G.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2010
Vaping Heaven
One of the main reasons the FDA is after them is because in places like California, where there are compassionate can na bis laws, the same technology can be used to inhale the active ingredient in the drug. That would be why they want to call it a drug delivery device. Those of us who use nicotine, which is legal in all states, must therefore distance ourselves from those who use the tech for other purposes. Personal Vaporizer works better for our needs.

MoonRose

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
Indiana, USA

MoonRose

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
Indiana, USA
And I posted my (only slightly) tongue-in-cheek suggested modification.

:pervy:

LOL ... good one Elaine and very accurate as well ... BODs .... Battery Operated Devices ... can be used with or with nicotine. :D

Should be a great hit for those who make Mods ... they will have "Mod BODs" ... :w00t:

Last edited:

seanmc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2008
Fairfield California
Wow...Back in early 2008, I referred to E-cigs as ENDS (Electronic Nicotine Delivery System) on my website. Also did this with my merchant account (shut me down when they found out I was selling e-cigs) and my business license...I was honestly just trying to make something up that didnt involve the word "Cigarette" in it...go figure...someone else thought of it before me...haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread