Status
Not open for further replies.

Devonmoonshire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Diego, CA
Okay I was staring at my Penelope and I absolutely LOVE the GG Logo as IMEO Knows first hand from previous messages. I wonder though how hard it would be to get the GG Logo engraved on the steel tank of my Odysseus??

I also wonder if it would be at all possible to have the engravings on my SS GGTS Refurbished as they are getting very slightly worn from use and polishing.

Nate aka Darth Vapor

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
you first have to shine the engraved tube until all engraving goes away. Then you make the new engraving guys. I cant do that of course, it requires much time and trouble. But a local shop can do it easily.

The new engravings are deep so the local shop has to shine too much the tube and maybe its diameter will be reduced too much and a difference will appear between engraved tube and extension when we totally screw the telescope.

As for the Ody, you can make your engraving to a local shop Devon. It will cost you about 5-10 dollars I think but you have to pay for the maquette too, so your cost will be at 30-40 euros total

Devonmoonshire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Diego, CA
That is actually good news IMEO, because when I actually get this project done it will just be updating the existing engravings on my GGTS as follows:

The GG
By Imeo
To My Friend

Those are the four engravings currently on my Tube.

For the Odysseus I would simply be having the GG Wings engraved on the tank tube, also on the opposite side of the Wings would be "By IMEO" that way it all matches and looks very very sleek :D The problem is going to be finding an engraver that I would trust to perform this monumental task of updating my engravings because mistakes will not be acceptable even the slightest mistake would make me very upset since of all my PV's this one is my Pride and Joy.

Nate aka Darth Vapor

Devonmoonshire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Diego, CA
I understand your concerns Darth. The engraver has to make a test on another tube first with the same diameter

That is exactly what I plan to have them do. to make sure that they can do what they say they can before they perform potentially life threatening surgery on my Odysseus or my GGTS. Neither will be touched until they can show me how perfect a job they can do :D

Nate aka Darth Vapor

kickitback

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2009
NC
That is exactly what I plan to have them do. to make sure that they can do what they say they can before they perform potentially life threatening surgery on my Odysseus or my GGTS. Neither will be touched until they can show me how perfect a job they can do :D

Nate aka Darth Vapor
Maybe you can get a copper tube from home depot for testing. Anyhow, once you finish testing I'll ship u my ody to have it done. Lol

Devonmoonshire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Diego, CA
Maybe you can get a copper tube from home depot for testing. Anyhow, once you finish testing I'll ship u my ody to have it done. Lol

LOL Not a Problem, first thing is first though and that is to find an appropriate and extremely high quality engraving place to get it done. What I am going to do is buy about a foot or two of just plain old brass tubing of the same diameter as the GGTS and the Ody and cut lengths marked out accurately to make blanks of the same size and take those to an engraving place to do a dry run with it to see if I like what they do before my Ody or GGTS gets anything done to them :D

Nate aka Darth Vapor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread