Status
Not open for further replies.

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2013
Chicago
After reading the "impossible to go backwards" thread last week, I pulled out an old atty that's gone into the disused pile, my Taifun GS. Awesome device. Thin, elegant and goes perfectly on my Precise +. It's a more finicky build than my usual atties (AoE Prometey v1's). When it's built right, it's a thick, wet, rich tasting vape which is different from my usual vape, which is drier. Still tasty but drier and not as heavy.

I'm a creature of habit. I find something I like and stick with it. Been rocking on Prometey's for over a year and enjoying them but it's nice to pull something off the vape wall and enjoy it again.

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
Just went back to using my Spinners at night with a lower nic after taking them on a trip up to visit my folks. What can I say, I still like them. :blush:

you really wanna go backwards... try a Blu again ;)
Bite your tongue.

jaytex1969

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2015
Austin, TX
Just don't go TOO far back...

skull.jpg

Jay :headbang:

snork

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2011
CO
After reading the "impossible to go backwards" thread last week, I pulled out an old atty that's gone into the disused pile, my Taifun GS. Awesome device. Thin, elegant and goes perfectly on my Precise +. It's a more finicky build than my usual atties (AoE Prometey v1's). When it's built right, it's a thick, wet, rich tasting vape which is different from my usual vape, which is drier. Still tasty but drier and not as heavy.

I'm a creature of habit. I find something I like and stick with it. Been rocking on Prometey's for over a year and enjoying them but it's nice to pull something off the vape wall and enjoy it again.
You were always fond of that GS. If one of them and I ever cross paths I'm going for it.

Reactions: HauntedMyst

Jugband

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
PA, USA
I guess I'm a creature of habit also. I've used nothing but Reo's with an RM2 for well over a year now. It's funny, I was just now scanning the new BF attys, but nothing seems to interest me but a trusty RM2. Can't say I would want to go backwards, but I don't seem to be moving forward anymore. Not sure if that's good or bad :unsure:

bussdriver

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2013
Finally broke down, and in a crying fit, threw all my old CE2's away. Seemed like such a shame.

Always love my Taifun GS's. If you buy a clone, don't buy the Ehpro version. Airflow was nonexistent; don't know how they could ever get it to market???????????? I've still got 3 of the GS tanks, but they don't get any use anymore. It's impossible to find the clear tanks for replacement. Due to the lower airflow of the GS, I switched to the GT II tank. But when built properly with mesh feeder wicks, the GS had almost no equal.

All this new stuff sure is shiny and new multicoils and lots of watts and all that other good stuff..............when all is said and done some of the old guys can still show the young punks how to do it!

Reactions: WonderDude32

kagee_va

Mar 28, 2014
Winchester, VA
I like the easy lung draws on the "new" sub-ohm tanks I've been getting from my local b&m...but I still have yet to match the flavor of my nautilus with a much tighter air draw. I vape it differently and it's something I still can't part with or toss away. I only use the nautilus or smaller clearo's in that way once in a while. So it could be going backwards at times, but I still enjoy the less clouds more flavor type of vape. I will say I won't go back on my nicotine levels since sub-ohm use has driven me down to buying 3mg liquid. I get much less throat hit with my t3d's now with lower stuff but the flavor is still better (to me) than sub tanks, or my dripper even. I can't go backwards in that way...keeping nicotine low is something I just can't step backwards and use higher stuff. The higher nic stuff I used to keep on hand I've given away to some of my friends who haven't dropped their levels.

yuseffuhler

Ultra Member
Mar 28, 2015
Houghton, MI
Because of this thread, I broke out my old evods and ego batteries and my Nautilus mini. I was surprised at how good the flavor still was on the nautilus, and not impressed at all with the evods. The evods tasted muted with everything, especially compared with my drippers and even the nautilus. I'm not sure I could use it all day, but the extra battery life was a very nice plus.

Reactions: FlamingoTutu

WonderDude32

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2015
Clarksville, TN
My time vaping only goes back to the original Protank. It was ok at the time but I paid too much for it. Then the 2 came out and got it. Flooded every 5th hit. I think I drank more juice than vaped it. With the Nautilus, everything changed. Great flavor and huge tank and adjustable air flow! Who knows what's next but wouldn't it be great if they could actually make a cig-a-like that didn't taste like a non-smoker made it?

erictho

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2011
Edmonton
after hunting for some ecab batteries i finally have a p+10440 on the go with a smoktech carto. i definitely don't have the feel for filling and predicting when the carto is full like i used to, but it is a really cute old school vape.
i started rebuilding bc i couldn't find any cartos for the smoktech tanks. it has been treating me well overall but this throwback is fun.

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
Last summer I had a trip and ended up only taking a Protank and ego with me after using mods exclusively for a long time. I was pleasantly surprised at how satisfying it still was.
Yep, only downside is you can't replace the battery

I stopped at IBTanked carto tanks, but I do like the hot, airy vape of a Halo Triton almost daily...
I liked the carto tanks, just not the quality of the cartos. When they worked they were great though.

Reactions: stevegmu

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2013
Chicago
after hunting for some ecab batteries i finally have a p+10440 on the go with a smoktech carto. i definitely don't have the feel for filling and predicting when the carto is full like i used to, but it is a really cute old school vape.
i started rebuilding bc i couldn't find any cartos for the smoktech tanks. it has been treating me well overall but this throwback is fun.

If you ever find the Mark Bugs Infinity atty that goes perfectly with the P+10440, you'll be a happy camper. Such an elegant little device.

copy_196_MARK-BUGS-MARK-T-Infinity-SATIN-600x599.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread