Status
Not open for further replies.

kwalka

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2012
Clearwater, Florida
walkers-finest.com
Recently 7 out of 10 times I attempt to respond or even send a new PM my enter keys will not work. If I try to use the space bar to move the cursor it disappears off the right side of the page and never comes back. I have tried diff browsers. Very strange. BTW my keyboard is new and in perfect working order. Any thoughts?

Liscab

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2009
Miami fl.
Recently 7 out of 10 times I attempt to respond or even send a new PM my enter keys will not work. If I try to use the space bar to move the cursor it disappears off the right side of the page and never comes back. I have tried diff browsers. Very strange. BTW my keyboard is new and in perfect working order. Any thoughts?

it is not a problem of the forum. try to restart your PC it might help,

and one question is this only happening on the PMs ?

kwalka

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2012
Clearwater, Florida
walkers-finest.com
The first step to troubleshooting is to clear your cookies and cache. if this doesn't help you next need to disable your browser plugins and extensions one by one until you find the one causing the problem.

I have disabled everything and it is still happening. Also cleared cache & cookies. I am trying to send a PM right now with pics and I cant because I can't switch lines. I have tried 10 times w diff browsers and disabling 1 by 1 till it's all disabled. Pulling hair out...

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
I've been having the problem with Chrome and IE. IDK if I have IE 9 or 10 tho... But its driving me nuts. Every 3 out of 5 PMs it's happening for weeks. Win 7

ken, when you're in ie click on 'help' in the upper bar, scroll down to 'about ie' this will give you the version and if it is up-to-date. but i agree with tm, since it happens intermittently it seems more of a hardware issue.

kwalka

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2012
Clearwater, Florida
walkers-finest.com
This is a long shot but are you using a wireless keyboard? I was using a wireless and got all kinds of strange things happening so I went back to a corded keyboard.

tried it with both. It does it with both. I use wired, I borrowed my daughter's wireless to try it out.

ken, when you're in ie click on 'help' in the upper bar, scroll down to 'about ie' this will give you the version and if it is up-to-date. but i agree with tm, since it happens intermittently it seems more of a hardware issue.

It does it in IE also, I primarily use Chrome. I just went 2 days w/o an issue.. Today it started again...

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
tried it with both. It does it with both. I use wired, I borrowed my daughter's wireless to try it out.

It does it in IE also, I primarily use Chrome. I just went 2 days w/o an issue.. Today it started again...

Have you tried using a different ECF skin? I think that's what they call the different color schemes. Down in the lower left hand corner of each page.

kwalka

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2012
Clearwater, Florida
walkers-finest.com
have you tried troubleshooting the keyboard through the device manager? if it happens and then stops it does not sound like a software issue ......
just checked, it says the driver is the newest...

Have you tried using a different ECF skin? I think that's what they call the different color schemes. Down in the lower left hand corner of each page.

No, but I will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread