Not open for further replies.

JoeMcPlumber

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
USA
The Envy was my first e-cig, i bought it at a local tobacco shop
before the Oregon AG got to them.
I'm grateful it was there because it was my intro to vaping,
and i only got it because it was available at the same time i was running out of tobacco.

You can see the PV here...
Envy Cigarettes :: Envy
...but here's a disassembled pic:

It's billed as the "World's smallest e-cigarette" and it may just be.
As far as vapability, i've really no complaints,
in fact it IMHO it draws better and tastes better than my 510
and i still keep one sitting by my computer.
Also the atty and battery (on the newer model) are compatible with the 510 in case of emergency.

Unfortunately i have to give it a thumbs down
because the cartridges are a rip-off.

The inserts are the working bits, i.e. that's all you get.
The first one has air passages to all sides, making it smaller in circumference,
and then when they figured out they could make it bigger around,
instead of putting more juice in they made it shorter
and put an extension on the bottom so it'd reach the atomizer.
(The second Envy insert is pictured upside-down
to show the depths of depravity some people will go to.)

The FAQ says, in regards the cartridges,
Q. How long do the cartridges last?
A. The Envy cartridges should last about a day for the average smoker and is equivalent to about a pack of cigarettes.
Unless they mean the whole 5-pack, that's just so bogus i can't let it slide.
These cartridges are $10/pkg 5,
and it voids the warranty to refill them.

- joe

I have the Envy As I also bought it in oregon for 25 last yr.
the carts I have to admit are horrible.
I have the old model.
but my inserts look nothing like that.

Its just like cotton inside.
Unless I am missing something when I looked inside.
and I agree there is hardly any juice inside.

Warranty is void cause most people will overfill there's making it ruin the atomizer.
from what All my research has shown & told me.

Thinking about picking up a 510 with all the good reviews I have heard.
and love the thought of the passthru..

JoeMcPlumber

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
USA
Warranty is void cause most people will overfill there's making it ruin the atomizer.
Huh. I think the warranty is void because
they don't want people poking around in there
and finding out what little they're getting.

Do you have a pic of one of your inserts, relative to the barrel it fits into?
I'd be interested to see if any carts hold as much juice as they could do.
The ones pictured both came from Marlboro refills @5 for $10.00.

The inserts do need to be pretty short considering how far into the cart the atomizer goes.
Of course they could make the carts longer but then it wouldn't be
the World's Smallest e-Cigarette.

BTW the insert on the left has non-scratch dish pad filler in it,
which is why it doesn't look like cotton stuff.
Makes it vape way better, and i haven't drowned the atty yet.

- joe

Last edited:

Thyestean

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2009
Upstate NY
I’m actually happy with Envy. Over the long run, the bang for the buck beats the competition. $2.50 per cartridge, $50 for a starter pack. You get the smallest e-cigarette on the market and some of the best vape of any e-cig I’ve tried.

Being that you have only one post and with the wording of your statement I'm guessing you are probably somehow involved with the Envy other than being a customer.

However I could be wrong so just in case I am and even for the benefit of others if I'm not.

If people are looking for a device of this size there is no way that the Envy beats out other similar units in price. Looking at the pics posted by the OP it looks quite similar to the m702(803) PCC in size. That being the case you can get an m702 at LitecigUSA for the same price of $49.95 but instead of just getting :

The Envy Bliss starter pack comes with the following: (click the link to learn more specific information about each component)

1. 1 electronic cigarette battery
  2. 1 electronic cigarette USB charger
  3. 1 instruction card
  4. 1 year limited manufacturer’s warranty
  5. 5 replacement cartridges
you instead get:

The M702 PCC Basic kit comes with:
  • 1x Smart PCC Case
  • 2x M702 atomizer
  • 2x M702 Black battery
  • 5x Pre-filled cartridges
  • 1x USB charging cable for pcc
  • 1x Instruction manual
  • 1x Deluxe gift box
and instead of paying $10/ 5 pre-filled carts you can get them for $4.25/ 5 pre-filled carts.

I use LiteCigUSA as an example because it is the first place that came to mind when thinking of a device of this size. There are others out there I'm sure that carry the same or similar units for a much better price than the Envy.

Unless you're just making such statements in order to promote yourself you really should check your facts before posting.

Actually just opened up a new 5 pack I had.
and the carts look like u showed. but previous cart pack I had was just filled & leaked lots.
And yes I have the old 08 model.

I have no probs with it but if thats suppose to be marb flavor its horrible. Tasteless

I assume I had bad carts at the beginning. But I never liked them.

(Reason why im getting into juice & Thinking of getting a 510 atty & Pass thru with some flat carts. better pricing for 1.)

Oh and did I mention I even wash & Dried my envy in my shorts pocket & It's still Kicking Properly..

The owner even mentioned liquid to me.

The other option is to try the e-liquids/smoke juice (E-liquidPlanet is a good one) and this will allow you to control the taste. Hope this helps.

Nicholas Van Burren
Owner

(I Told him I read it voids warranty & Here is his responce.)
In general, yes, the juice expires the warranty. However, this should not be an issue as long as you clean the atomizer properly. Most companies will explain the suggested cleaning.

Sorry so long to reply
Firefox is a pain now. Going full chrome soon as I sort links out haha.

JoeMcPlumber

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
USA
it's funny that as soon as i say i'm happy with a product i'm automatically accused of not being a legitimate customer. Yeah, there may be cheaper options out there. you get what you pay for.
You weren't accused you were suspected. There's a difference.

There's no need to defend yourself or your favorite PV, if you're happy then you're happy and that's what counts. And we'll go on pointing out why others might be less than happy, and let everyone make their own decisions. Then everyone's happy! See how it works?

- joe

EDIT: BTW i no longer believe the adage "you get what you pay for". Too often these days, owing to the proliferation of bull**** artists, you do not. SE being an example. Value != Cost.

Last edited:

JoeMcPlumber

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
USA
sigh...still, it was a sexy little thing.
Isn't it though?

I still take it out and about with me, because if i want to turn someone on to e-cigs, it's totally impressive.

For some reason i find my 510's way harsher. I think it's something to do with the atty because i can put the Envy end on my 510 pass-thru and get the same nice hit. If i'm careful not to push the button too long.

I, too, would like to know who is the manufacturer, if indeed it is a re-brand,
because if i could buy the parts for the same money as 510 stuff
it might be my favorite even if i was hassling with refilling a lot.

- joe

deitra

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2009
NoWhere
I made a comment on another forum about envy and the owner disliked it and he called me out on it. They are horrid little devices that seem to work for an hour then die a slow painful death. Same as the unknown model totally wicked sells. All in All I have spent three times more on ecigs than I would have had to pay for analogs. Trying to remain optomistic but it gets harder each day. I mentioned I was saving for a chuck and now have 3 pm from someone wanting me to buy an EGo. Like I have 200 dollars just laying around. I have 3 boys in college. Enough soapbox, I do apoligize...Deitra

JoeMcPlumber

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
USA
I made a comment on another forum about envy and the owner disliked it and he called me out on it.
The owner of Envy?
That'd be weird since he hasn't been here to explain his cartridges. 8-o
When i started i immediately decided there was no way i was going back to analogs,
so i went and bought a second Envy kit so i could keep the batteries in rotation.
Another thing to do would be to get a 510 starter kit from Cignot, $35,
and 30ml juice, that'd set you back a bit in your savings
but it'd help keep you vaping while you saved.

- joe

DMertz99

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2009
Maryland
Keep an old man in the loop please.

Anyone know what the Envy is?
What model the atomizer really is.

DSE103
M401
Joye306

Gawd how I despise re-branding :mad:

Joe's pictures look like the DSE8084 http://www.heaven-gifts.com/index.php?gOo=goods_details.dwt&goodsid=109&productname=. Also claims to be the smallest available. At 8mm x 84mm they are exactly the same size as a regular analog. The carts are extremely small and are a real pain to refill.

Edit: They do perform very well. Nearly matches a 401.

Last edited:

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
Joe's pictures look like the DSE8084 84mm e-cigarette kit with 2 regular e-cigarettes - Starter Kit - Wholesale & Retail Best E-smoking Supplier. Also claims to be the smallest available. At 8mm x 84mm they are exactly the same size as a regular analog. The carts are extremely small and are a real pain to refill.

And thanks for another one to throw in the pot DMertz!

The smaller exposed bridge atomizers look so very similar in the thumbnails it's certainly difficult to distinguish the differences :confused:

One drum I'll never stop beating is the one to call for an end to the damnable re-branding.

I have not purchased one piece of hardware from any vendor that does not CLEARLY state the ACTUAL manufacture and model number of the wares they want me to trade for. And I will not do otherwise in the future!

old man rant done

JoeMcPlumber

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
USA
Joe's pictures look like the DSE8084
Thank you my good man! That does indeed look like my atty, and given the dimensions it might as well be. I will definitely get one to see if it vapes as well as my Envy cause if it does that makes...

50 cartridges for $20, and by the look of it they're at least as large as they can be, even if that's still pretty small. So 40 cents/ea for as much vape per cartridge as can be had vs. 2 bucks/ea for a foreshortened cart (and what... an extra penny profit? Hardly seems worth the trouble to obtain modified carts. :confused: )

The referenced website offers a far more realistic comparison with analogs:

one cartridge can support about 70 mouthfuls, which is equivalent to 5 real cigarettes.

That sounds closer anyway and if you managed it then that's the equivalent of 12.5 packs of cigarettes for $20 plus shipping. For my purposes, (turning people on to e-cigs, with minimal fuss, minimal cost, and maximum "wow" factor), that's much more attractive than five foreshortened carts for $10.

The change in nomenclature is also interesting; on the website the "cartridges" are the actual little bits that contain the juice, and the thingy they gozzinta is the "mouthpiece". Whereas Envy sells the whole thing as a "cartridge".

In defense of Envy, they are creating a unique identity and they are getting market penetration and name recognition. As the market shakes out, perception is the only thing that matters. This thread is a fascinating study... one guy called it "sexy". Another said, "you get what you pay for". Really, what are consumers gonna buy? Are they gonna buy an Envy or are they gonna sneak down a back Interweb alley and buy one those dse8084 cheap Chinese knockoffs? ;) The Envy comes in a cigarette package instead of a drug kit, and it only has a small USB charger which is an obvious appeal to techies. It's altogether a persuasive presentation and i can't fault that.

It doesn't please me to see a tried and true axiom like "you get what you pay for" bite the dust so hard. Nor does it please me that the folks going the furthest in this young industry are generating a perception of a scam. But a bit of education and communication goes a long ways towards balancing things out and we are reshaping the market right here. It'll all work out.

- joe

DMertz99

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2009
Maryland
Well said. I would also like to point out the DSE8084 is manufactured by SLB. They make the DSE901, DSE801 and DSE905. Whether or not the 8084 is a knockoff, I don't know. But like the rest of their line, it's built well and the supplier warrants everything for a full year. I love to buy from domestic suppliers but their profit margins are so small, most can't afford to guarantee more than 2 - 4 weeks.

D133

ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2009
UK
Joe's pictures look like the DSE8084 84mm e-cigarette kit with 2 regular e-cigarettes - Starter Kit - Wholesale & Retail Best E-smoking Supplier. Also claims to be the smallest available. At 8mm x 84mm they are exactly the same size as a regular analog. The carts are extremely small and are a real pain to refill.

I have a couple of the 084's (mine came in a 'Smoking Anywhere' package). They are very realistic and feel tiny compared to other models. They are also delicate, I damaged an atomiser by pulling the mouthpiece off at an angle so you need to take care with them.

They do work well, I counted 75 five second draws from one - fully charged to flat. For me though they seem to work better indoors - they are very susceptible to wind activation so if used outside the battery can get discharged quickly. Impressive vapour indoors but this seemed to be lost when using them outside, particularly if windy - I prefer the Evo's outside as they have more power and deliver more vapour.

The carts are tiny, yes. I'm surprised though how long they can last given the small size - I put PTB in mine to get the 75 draws.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread