The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Erratic GGTS performance. Help please...

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by somopoppy, Nov 5, 2012.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. somopoppy

somopoppy Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 17, 2012
    uk
    I have a recently purchased GGTS but I'm having no luck with the device. The firing of the GG is very erratic. I have reassembled and cleaned the device but still no luck. It may fire and work fine for a short time but it gets weaker and weaker over a short period of time then nothing.
    The GG is only 6 months old and all made of stainless steel, I think. The batteries are nearly new and work wonders in the provari so it's not them at fault.
    Anyone have any ideas. I think the firing button is at fault but why would it work for a short time then become weaker and weaker until it stops completely.
    I am very close to giving up completely unless this thing starts working soon.

2. soulja11c

soulja11c Full Member Verified Member

Sep 26, 2012
    Texas
    I'm about to get my first GG tomorrow so I can't help you. However the community here is pretty helpful so as soon as someone that can help sees this thread they'll reach out to help. GL brotha.

3. Renzuli

Renzuli Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 27, 2011
    North Las Vegas
    Welcome , but don't give up yet . I too had some firing problems , when I got my first GG . It took a bit of tinkering , but I finally got it working great . Now one of the most consistant of all my devices . And you can take off out the battery and look down , and see if the button is making good contact . I had to clean some oil or grease off of mine , and then got a good connection . Another thing to do , is put the carto , or atty , on first , then tighten the battery up to the connector , until it just starts firing . Sometimes the connector is not making a good connection to the device . Good Luck

4. fastfret

fastfret Full Member Verified Member

Sep 18, 2012
    (Content removed)

5. somopoppy

Oct 17, 2012
    uk
    The fact that it works initially and gets weaker confuses me. Today I will sand down the connection areas to see if this helps.

6. somopoppy

Oct 17, 2012
    uk
    Aaaaargggg
    Having NO luck finding a high street shop selling noalox

7. martinc

martinc Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 12, 2011
    Montreal,Quebec,Canada
    You shouldnt have to sand down anything

You could try to turn your bottom cap a tad and see if it gets better

One of the thing that could be the problem is an inconsistent atomizer...notice any type of heat coming from the switch or the connector tank?

8. somopoppy

Oct 17, 2012
    uk
    If, and thats a big IF, it starts to work it only lasts for around a dozen puffs until it dies completely. Then its rebuild and put back together hoping it works again. When it starts working it slowly loses power until nothing is left. There does appear to be a lot of heat around the base area. This does seem strange as no power is getting to the atomiser. The atomisers I use work twice as well on the prover and remain consistent.
    I could have it working but it dies whilst I type a few words on here.
    I'm lost.

9. Bullos

Bullos New Member

Nov 5, 2012
    Victoria, Australia
    I was wondering if you have tried a different atomizer?

10. somopoppy

Oct 17, 2012
    uk
    I have tried a cobra, spheroid, ac9, in fact everything I have. Same result each time. Only fires for a few puffs then loses power until dead again.
    The only time it worked as well as the provari was when in desperation I put in 2 batteries. This resulted in plumes of smoke, too much in fact.
    I read somewhere about sanding down the connection areas. Is this not advised?

11. martinc

martinc Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 12, 2011
    Montreal,Quebec,Canada
    Sounds like the ''fuse'' springs are dead from some short on one of your atties. (in the center post on the bottom cap)

12. somopoppy

Oct 17, 2012
    uk
    There is only the one spring in the bottom and is seeks intact. Its the one that the battery rests/springs on.

Have just noticed that if the button is held down, and the device is not firing, and then the button is rotated whilst still in firing mode, it then starts to crackle upon firing.

13. somopoppy

Oct 17, 2012
    uk
    Tonight I will sand off the black marks off the central pin from the button assembly unit. Fingers crossed.
    Have also sent an email to the GG maker via his website querying this issue. Will he reply? Who knows......

14. Chrissie

Chrissie Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

I agree with Martinc, it does sound like the fuse spring has been damaged due to a short. However, it wont do any harm lightly sanding off the black marks.

As you now have over 5 posts, you can also post in the GG sub-forum -

The GG

15. somopoppy

Oct 17, 2012
    uk
    The sanding work seems to have fixed the problem. Have been vaping away for 10 minutes now and no issues of concern. So the problem was the rough centre pin with the black marks on the button assembly unit.

16. Chrissie

Glad to hear you have got it sorted :)

I've got one of the first GGTS models & it still works every time I push the button :) I've also got a GG Stealth & an old GG Grant (one of the very first GG's made). However, I doubt I'll ever buy any more GG's due to us losing our UK GG vendor :(

17. somopoppy

Oct 17, 2012
    uk
    I have the newer version from earlier this year. Also an Odysseus and an extension kit and some spare parts. Bought used from UK forum from someone who couldn't get on with it. Was this the fault of the black marks.
    It is still working after 30 minutes now and the heat being generated is now from the atomiser and not the base area which I guess is good.
    Only issue I may have is the faffing about with the multiple piece top bit. Was looking at the stealth top as an alternative replacement. But like you suggest, having no UK suppier may prove difficult.

18. somopoppy

Oct 17, 2012
    uk
    I have the newer version from earlier this year. Also an Odysseus and an extension kit and some spare parts. Bought used from UK forum from someone who couldn't get on with it. Was this the fault of the black marks.
    It is still working after 30 minutes now and the heat being generated is now from the atomiser and not the base area which I guess is good.
    Only issue I may have is the faffing about with the multiple piece top bit. Was looking at the stealth top as an alternative replacement. But like you suggest, having no UK suppier may prove difficult.

19. Chrissie

It does sound like it could be the fault of the black marks, but I'm wondering if your button is adjusted correctly?

We can buy spares from the Greek vendor when he has spares in stock, however, if we just need a spare spring for instance, the postage could add a lot on to the cost :(

Check out the various UK classifieds for a stealth cap, they do come up for sale occasionally on AAE-C UK & UKV.

20. somopoppy

Oct 17, 2012
    uk
    I'm pretty sure it was the black marks. I've been taking the whole thing apart and fiddling with it for about 3 weeks now.
    It's still working and after around an hour testing it I need a rest from vaping.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.