ethyl maltol crystal to pg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony M

Nov 18, 2013
Oklahoma City, Ok
I was looking and then reading, on what the ratio of mixing is/was of ethyl maltol crystal to PG was.

What I had found out. up to a point, was that the general consensus was a 1/4 teaspoon to 10 ml of pg. But after researching, I found this to be an incorrect bit of advice.

Through that research, I have learned that the correct scientific formulation is 1 gram to 17 ml pg .
1 gram is equal to 15.4 grains.

Since I reload bullets, I used my powder scale to measure it all out to the grain. I then put the crystals into a 1/4 teaspoon measure. It did not fill the 1/4 teaspoon. But it was more than 1/8 teaspoon. It was about 3/16th of a teaspoon. or 1 and 1/2 of the 1/8 teaspoon from measuring spoons.

I did try the 1/4 teaspoon to 10ml of pg method and it was just entirely too much. It gunked up every coil I had really fast. It didn't matter if it was a .4 ohm coil in a dripper or from my kayfun @1.0ohm, Taifun GT@ 1.5ohm , Bottom coil stuff from 1.5 to 2.2 ohms. Albeit it did take longer to gunk up on my drippers then the other. Plus at 1/4 teaspoon to 10ml, it had a little bit of a chemical taste on the back side. Made the latter at 1gm to 17ml and it was indeed better.

I use a touch of sweetner in everything I make. Too much and my diy juice is ruined. Too lille and it might as well not have been used. I basically use .5 to 1% by volume to what I make. Sometimes a bit more depending on what brand of extract I use. But as a general rule I use the .5 to 1%.

I got my crystals from Flavor West.
I was going to post this on one of the other threads about Ethyl maltol but they were closed so I couldn't.
I got my information from aqnovel
Don't know if I can put the link here, but if I can, it's; Ethyl maltol - Healthcare - Powered by Discuz!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread