Even Engadget website got news on e cig

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeviLFisH

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2008
e-cigarette.jpg

As it turns out, the World Health Organization (WHO) isn't condoning e-cigarette products -- shockingly -- as some manufacturers might like you to believe. In fact, the lawsuit flag is being waved at a few companies who brazenly plastered the organization's name and logo across promotional material, suggesting an endorsement of the product. The WHO's Douglas Bettcher asserts that the product is untested as a nicotine replacement therapy, stating, "If the marketers of the electronic cigarette want to help smokers quit, then they need to conduct clinical studies and toxicity analyses." So while e-cigs might not carry the same carcinogenic risks as traditional smoking, there are still plenty of health issues surrounding liquid nicotine and all the nasty additives it's served in... and the WHO isn't about to let you forget it.
'Electronic' cigarettes leave WHO fuming

Engadget

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
as anybody tried these..

Starter Kits : Intellicig Electronic Cigarette, E CIG - Smoke Healthier

they look like some kind of super mini.. they claim one cart = 5 to 10 cigarette based on the usual puff count of 15 puffs per real cig.. this is a puff count not a nicotine intake count.. this would no doubt be far less..

but interestingly they do say the atomizer is a consumable and give it a life expectancy of 6000 puffs..

this equates with 40 carts at 150 puffs per cart.. or giving each cart .4 ml contents of liquid.. 16 ml of liquid per atomizer..

which would be less than a week in my case.. its odd how the cheapy dudes can come up with figures like these but none of the big higher cost brand names dare..

over to u leaford.. he he he

trog

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
yes i noticed fully assembles and checked in england bit ned..

and the £12.99 which is what caught my eye in the first place..

and ..err.. leaford.. they actually do state how long one of their atomizers should last.. something others dare not do.. they do try and make it sound longer than a week but the figures are there to be understood or misunderstood depending on the readers brain power..

they answer the question i have tried very very hard to get answered.. "how many puffs per atomizer"..

trog

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
not a lot dude except most of us have read the WHO stuff already and the intellicig is prominently linked to..

threads often go off course.. being as this one didnt offer much we havnt seen already i see no problem..

a nice case of "defection" thow.. i deflect the thread u deflect the name brand "how many puffs per atomizer" issue.. he he

it was a gentle prod i though u might respond to.. perhaps i shouldnt have made it.. he he

trog

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
leaford who ever completely sticks to the threads subject!
we are all guilty of this.

C'mon, this isn't a case of one topic leading to another; there was no mention of intellicig, atomizer life, or anything similar. It's not a response to anything that was mentioned before.

It's just a total non-sequitor.

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
not a lot dude except most of us have read the WHO stuff already and the intellicig is prominently linked to..
Prominentyl linked to? Where? Not in the Engadget article. Not in this thread. I have no idea what you mean.

threads often go off course.. being as this one didnt offer much we havnt seen already i see no problem..
No problem. I just don't see any reason to post this here. Start a new thread.

a nice case of "defection" thow.. i deflect the thread u deflect the name brand "how many puffs per atomizer" issue.. he he

it was a gentle prod i though u might respond to.. perhaps i shouldnt have made it.. he he

trog

Why should I respond? I'm not an e-cig manufacturer. I don't have the information you want. I have no position on how many puffs an atomizer should last for. This has nothing to do with me.

You want my response? My response is, "That's nice to know. It would be better in it's own thread."

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
I have seen numerous Web references that say our practice complies with WHO's "step down" way of smoking cessation. I'm sure at least one site popped up a WHO logo. Dumb. ALL references to smoking cessation need removal. It's waving a red flag at a bull that just spotted us. There are some really unsupported claims on some Web sites. Future trouble.

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
the WHO are simply saying e smoking does not as yet have their blessing.. and disassociating themselves from claims that suggest it does have their blessing..

it can be used as a "step down method" to stop smoking.. it could also be used to create a whole new bunch of nicotine addicts.. or "worse"..

its a self contained battery powered drug delivery system.. the powers that be are bound to get their knickers in a twist over such a thing..

and whilst as yet it isnt proven to be unsafe.. it also aint proven to be safe either.. but being as its out loose in the wild its not gonna be easy for officialdom to stop it..

they say the police objected to henry ford putting rear view mirrors on cars cos the criminals could see the coppers sneaking up on em..

CB radio was attacked in pretty much the same way.. criminals could plan and coordinate their crimes with them..

e smoking will get attacked in pretty much the same way when they get around to it.. mainly because of its ability to create new "addicts"..

but new technology comes along just like the H bomb came along.. once invented it cant be un-invented.. we have to learn to live with it.. including governments..

trog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread