RDA Even glows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaping-rookie

Jul 9, 2016
Hello. I have been building my own coils for some time now and recently started with claptons but my problem is that for some reason i cant get them to glow from the middle and out. The only way they glow is the whole coil lighting up at once ihave tried pinching and strumming but without results im currently building on a ijoy combo rda with dual coils on a ipv x6 mod

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
Hello. I have been building my own coils for some time now and recently started with claptons but my problem is that for some reason i cant get them to glow from the middle and out. The only way they glow is the whole coil lighting up at once ihave tried pinching and strumming but without results im currently building on a ijoy combo rda with dual coils on a ipv x6 mod

I have an IJoy combo (love this rta) and your coils may be small so they don't have the ramp up time to see the glow from the center out and they are heating up fast so you will see the whole coil glow. I would say you are good to wick as long as you don't have any hot spots and the coils are glowing evenly between the two. If that's the case, wick and vape away!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vaping-rookie

Jul 9, 2016
Ok a few more details may help. Is it ss wire, diameter of coil, wattage used.
Oh and wire Guages too if you know.

Alot of folks start at lower power to work out the Hotspots on a fresh coil.
Hii i dont know if it is ss i think it is. Its demon killer clapton 24 g i think and 2.5 mm coil i dont know the wattage as i build on a coilmaster 510 but the battery used is 3.7 volt i dont know wire gaug . Thx

Reactions: Izan

Vaping-rookie

Jul 9, 2016
I have an IJoy combo (love this rta) and your coils may be small so they don't have the ramp up time to see the glow from the center out and they are heating up fast so you will see the whole coil glow. I would say you are good to wick as long as you don't have any hot spots and the coils are glowing evenly between the two. If that's the case, wick and vape away!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for your reply but i
Maybe I was confused, are you using it on the ipv 6x?
If so that's where you would set wattage. Maybe after built and resistance is checked, move it to the mod to fire at adjustable wattage. Instead of firing on the 521 I mean.
Well i build it and test it on the 510 and then i put it on my mod and turn it up on around 110 watt i usually vape at 140 watt. But i just discovered the pleassures about 200 watt :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread