EverCool Variable Voltage Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrgreen819

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2012
North Carolina
I must say this thread is one of the reasons I like this forum. I am new to vaping but not to electronics. Bigblu's time and everyone else made this easy enough for most to actually do. I now want to make this! I have started some long term threads on other forums and understand the time involved. Very nice stepped regulator makes this so far beyond what I have seen for sale. Im amazed someone hasnt started building something available for sale using this regulator. I will contribute with pictures of my progress but still have to order parts etc etc. I read the entire thread. For now I am still concentrating on staying away from analogs but will be building this quite soon.

Mrgreen819

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2012
North Carolina
I think this thread is sticky material! The only new board that may be better is the DNA. I'm not convinced of that either. Just for the easy to follow wiring diagrams and shopping lists this is perfect for someone new wanting to make a highly efficient vv box mod. The time and effort spent writing this makes it a real shame not to be preserved as a sticky.

Lonnie Lepp

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2012
Texas, USA, Earth

ghoti

Verified Member
Sep 9, 2012
Newport, Wales
Hi,

Just thought Id like to share my weekend project with you lot. And to thank Big blue for the idea of using the PTR08100!

I have started into the world of genesis atties, and have got myself a VHG and a DiD... but as my weapon of choice for running atties so far was a Gripper VV, I had to make changes, as the PWM doesn't suit the gennies. I have a few mechanical mods that I built, but I wanted to be able to ramp up/down the voltage to suit the coils, and also so I can have a consistent vape the rest of the time.

I had two choices, buy one, or make one.

As I had a load of bits lying around, and a few 18650 batteries that didnt fit the gripper, I thought, why the heck not, and built my own one to see how it came out.

I ended up with a bit more of a beast than I intended, but here is what I wanted to achieve:
Plenty of power
Looooooong battery Life
Voltage readout of true voltage/battery voltage

So here is what I built:
IMG_20121021_200755.jpg

Not the smallest, but nice and neat (in my opinion)

IMG_20121021_220206.jpg

Here it is in my hand with a Vivi Nova for size, showing output voltage

IMG_20121021_220352.jpg

With a vivi Nova on top, and 2x18650 batteries for size comparison

IMG_20121021_223450.jpg

And with a DiD, which is what I plan on using it with until I get a bigger genny :D

Now for the technical part for those who are interested:
Features:
Variable voltage 3.3v to 5.5v range, up to 10A output.
Dual 18650 batteries (currently fitted with 2x2250 Sennybor IMR batteries)
Battery/Output voltage display (switch-able)
Master kill switch (for pocket safeness)
510 connector
Uses a PTR08100W from TI for voltage control, with over-current protection built in.

Most parts UK sourced and bought, total cost (including batteries):
approx £40

Well worth it in my mind to end up with a box that does what I want, and gives a nice stable output, and lets me use my genesis devices the way I want to, and a warm fuzzy feeling, cos I made it myself (Just like the coil/wick assembly)

Thanks for reading, and comments on a post(card) :D

Now just to name this beast! any ideas?

ghoti

Verified Member
Sep 9, 2012
Newport, Wales
Nice job.... the forever cool... LOL

Like it... and I have a name for it finally :D

"The bomb squad bait box" so named after an incident that happened in the UK, the day before I took up vaping - a bus load of passengers was forced out at gunpoint after someone reported vapour coming out of a box - later found to be a PV.... ;)

And I must say, I am loving the performance of this mod - nice stable voltage, and I get 3 days minimum from a set of batteries - I can certainly handle changing the batteries twice a week... Im so impressed by it, that Im considering building another mod with the same circuit....
Thanks again Big Blue for starting the longest thread I have ever read ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread