Status
Not open for further replies.

matador

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2011
Colorado
I used JB weld to hold in my battery blocks and hot glued everything else. Im sure I could replace parts if I needed, except for the meter and potentiometer, I put them in first and then the battery block so there isnt much room to play with those. I have a soldering iron that I made a flat 'spoon' tip on that I use to scoop out the hot glue, which is a pain in the ...., but it works. I'll be doing that soon to this mod to put a different button in it. I hate the cheap horn buttons, makes any mod look like crap. But Im not too worried about parts going bad, this was a very cheap build so if it dies I will just build another.

matador

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2011
Colorado
Another PTR08060 creation :D -- The VV E-Pipe (very poorly made :laugh:)

matador-albums-vv-pipe-mod-picture94875-1.jpg

matador-albums-vv-pipe-mod-picture94878-4.jpg

Slowone2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
Virginia
Wondering about 'glue,' etc., used to hold parts in place and such. Might someone post a link or otherwise identify specific products?

Also, how easy/difficult are parts that are potted like some displayed here, to remove, replace or otherwise service?

What's the good, the bad and the ugly..?

I use a hot glue gun. plug it in and squeeze the trigger. if you need to take something out down the line, just touch your soldering iron to the glue and pull out the part. you can get them at any craft store, and some dollar stores.

Para

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2010
Texas
Wondering about 'glue,' etc., used to hold parts in place and such. Might someone post a link or otherwise identify specific products?

Also, how easy/difficult are parts that are potted like some displayed here, to remove, replace or otherwise service?

What's the good, the bad and the ugly..?

Glue is messy and it seals in heat. I never use it and never will. This is what I use in all my mods and have never had it fail

6ae5980d-7ea0-49d5-9c2c-3cbdb48c4096_300.jpg

Everyone has their own preferences....this is just what works for me and works really well.

breaktru

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Glue is messy and it seals in heat. I never use it and never will. This is what I use in all my mods and have never had it fail

6ae5980d-7ea0-49d5-9c2c-3cbdb48c4096_300.jpg

Everyone has their own preferences....this is just what works for me and works really well.

I use the same stuff. It's amazingly strong and drys clear.

matador

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2011
Colorado
Hi All,
What an awesome thread. I have read through about 65 pages and have learned a ton, but have a noob question. What is the best way to cut the copper tape on a board? Can you just use an exacto knife?

Big bump for the single best thread I've ever read at ECF.

yup, a knife will scrape it right off :)

rookbartley989

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2012
SoCal
I just ordered some samples from TI...thanks for the tip!

UCC383T-ADJ

PTR08100W- 10-A, 4.5V-14V Input, Non-Isolated, Wide Output, Adjustable Power Module

BQ2014H- NiCd/NiMH Gas Gauge With High-Speed 1-Wire (HDQ) Interface And 5 LED Drivers

Hoping to use 2 of the 4.8v NiMH 600mah batteries from madvapes in parallel to give me 1200mah with a 5 LED segment display like the eGo style vv batteries have for remaining life. Am I on the right track?

(only grabbed the UCC383ADJ because it was in your OP lol)

Ron -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread