EverCool Variable Voltage Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenetix

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2009
Illinois
and turn the pot to the half way point and the resistance is?

I don't know that is why I was asking someone who maybe knew. I don't have these parts on hand yet. I was trying to find out prior to purchase. I went through and searched the thread for the answer and put together the idea based on what I found thinking it might be ok?

kenetix

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2009
Illinois
I'm not sure what you are trying (over 100 pages in this thread :)).
But a 200,000 log taper ohm pot shunted by a 200 ohm resistor gives a range from 0 to almost 200, but at the midpoint it is about 182 ohms. Less than 20 ohms change for half the range.

I am trying to use a pot that is appealing and functional from outside the mod vs the tiny screwdriver type.

matador

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2011
Colorado
Another PTR08060 powered creation

I can get my mods to function well, just need to work on the look :laugh:

23rslqs.jpg

2rw42ev.jpg

15ohs0y.jpg

xpzsle.jpg

wolcen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2011
Boston, MA
www.wolcen.com
You've been busy matadorx - nice job! I really gotta get off my .... and start on some builds myself :-/

I was wondering what you are using for a connector that has a nut on one side and a C-clip (or whatever they are called) on the backside? Always looking for ways to reinforce that sucker :)

matador

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2011
Colorado
You've been busy matadorx - nice job! I really gotta get off my .... and start on some builds myself :-/

I was wondering what you are using for a connector that has a nut on one side and a C-clip (or whatever they are called) on the backside? Always looking for ways to reinforce that sucker :)

The nut came off of a barrel connector in a coax wall plate. It isnt threaded to the connector and doesn't hold anything in place, I just use is as a spacer so I can use a tank on the mod. The only thing holding that connector in is gobs of hot glue. So far the hot glue holds up in all my mods, never had an issue with the connectors breaking loose. If you want a stronger reinforced connector Madvapes has one that comes with a threaded 'nut' to hold it in place. But unfortunately they will rape your wallet in the process, their like $7.00 :( I've used JB weld to hold them in and that works great.

Cool_Breeze

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2011
Kentucky
Wondering about 'glue,' etc., used to hold parts in place and such. Might someone post a link or otherwise identify specific products?

Also, how easy/difficult are parts that are potted like some displayed here, to remove, replace or otherwise service?

What's the good, the bad and the ugly..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread