Every type of tank i use floods or dies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Th3 FaT 0n3

ECF Veteran
Nov 25, 2009
Around
I started on DCT tanks from V4L and they never wicked or just flooded all my juice out so I tossed em. Next i got some tanks from altsmoke for my Silver Bullet. I was able to see the juice filling the tank by topping it off to avoid the burning wick taste.I had to drip a few times before each puff and over about 2 days the juice was higher than when i filled it. They never wicked at all. I punched the carto and it still wouldnt wick. I tossed those out as well. Finally I stumbled on some Vision Stardust tanks and i really like the short wicks and they work like a charm....for about a week or two. Ive had 4 and theyve all died around that 2 week mark. Ive tried cleaning them and then dry burning them but they always just stop working.

The V4L dct tanks were on the vapor king diamond bats.
The 510 DCT tanks were on the silver bullet.
The Stardust tanks were used with Ego Twist bats. Never at 4.8 volts.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to get a good quality vape like the stardust tanks give but with a longer lifespan?
Im really getting frustrated while im out of the house and the tank just dies on me. Its really obnoxious to be spending more on just tanks per month then i ever did on cigarettes. I quit smoking for many reasons but cost was a main factor and all these tank problems are driving me nuts. I expected cartomizers to have a short lifespan but not tanks.

I dont use the V4L stuff any longer since i got the Ego Twists and Silver Bullet. SO anything suggested pretty much needs a 510 connection thanks.

Last edited:

KDude

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2012
Texas
I'd try other clearos (long wick stardusts or the ce3/phoenix) or an ego system. Tbh, I don't see the big upgrade that is supposedy the stardust over a ego-c system. Some vendors even replace the kit parts with stardusts, and it's not even better. As for Phoenixes, I really like them on kr8 batts (I have a BB as well, similar to your bullet). Since you have V4L stuff, try those. One caveat is that they suck at +4v, but with typical 3.7 vaping, they rock.

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
How about the rebuildable Stardusts since you like them? By the way, if you are looking for LONG life from a carto, try an EMDCC!!! My last one lasted about 6 months and it looks great with a Twist! (I have three other new EMDCC's going on at the same time now, more than a month old) No leaking, no flooding, no fuss. EMDCC drip tip Type B.
Just a thought...

Leviathann

Verified Member
Jun 21, 2012
Jax, Florida
I can vouch for the phoenix. I have two of them and they are fantastic! Only problem is they only hold about 1ml (I think) and you have to use a syringe to refill them. When you go to refill them, don't forget to turn them upside down, and don't fill them above the coil (while they're upside down), otherwise you will force liquid out through the feed slots.

You may have to adjust how far up or down the air tube is secured to the atty to get adequate feeding, depending on how hard you vape and your liquid.

They 'can' be a little finicky at first but once you get them dialed in, you won't be disappointed. Then again, it could work just fine for you out of the box.

Th3 FaT 0n3

ECF Veteran
Nov 25, 2009
Around
Thanks for the suggestions everyone. Problem is I cant use the V4L stuff anymore as I sold it to a friend,and i am not to good at rebuilding stuff. Ive got big clumsy hands that dont do good working with small stuff. I tried a rebuildable atomizer and just f-ed it all up lol. After looking up the pheonix, the only thing that makes me wary is the plastic of the tube itself. I bought a clearomizer that looked like it had the same consistency of the tube and every hit i took tasted like warm plastic. does the pheonix do that at all?

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I occassionally use these on both my Silver Bullet and BB. I think they look pretty sharp, and are more pocket-worthy than a tank.

I did a review of them here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/altsmoke/300549-510-dual-coil-xxxxl-4xl-cartomizer-altsmoke.html

Convenience and easy fill of a cartomizer, the juice capacity of a tank. Some people don't care for the whistle tip, but I kinda like them for a change of pace...they remind me of the Swisher Sweet little cigars of my young adulthood. There are different mouthpieces available if you look hard enough. I got mine at AltSmoke when I got my mods.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I occassionally use these on both my Silver Bullet and BB. I think they look pretty sharp, and are more pocket-worthy than a tank.
View attachment 116184

I did a review of them here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/altsmoke/300549-510-dual-coil-xxxxl-4xl-cartomizer-altsmoke.html

Convenience and easy fill of a cartomizer, the juice capacity of a tank (at least 4 ml.). Some people don't care for the whistle tip, but I kinda like them for a change of pace...they remind me of the Swisher Sweet little cigars of my young adulthood. There are different mouthpieces available if you look hard enough. I got mine at AltSmoke when I got my mods.

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
View attachment 116184

Convenience and easy fill of a cartomizer, the juice capacity of a tank (at least 4 ml.). Some people don't care for the whistle tip, but I kinda like them for a change of pace...they remind me of the Swisher Sweet little cigars of my young adulthood. There are different mouthpieces available if you look hard enough. I got mine at AltSmoke when I got my mods.
Very similar to the EMDCC that I mentioned earlier. The only difference is the 510 thread, as apposed to the eGo skirt on the EMDCC. Oh and the eGo type B Delrin or Aluminium drip tips also work on these cartomizers.

water4choc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2012
Northern Nevada
Phiniac tanks are great! No fuss, no muss! The Phiniac Tank - Phiniac Rugged Pyrex Glass Tanks

I have two tanks and both work like a charm. Plus I can vape my cinnamon dot or any other juice that ruins most other tanks.

I too use Phiniac tanks and they are great. I also got the tank filler tool for the Phiniac tanks which makes them very easy and quick to fill. I use the prepunched Smoketek cartos with my Phiniac tanks and they have been lasting at least a week.

Leviathann

Verified Member
Jun 21, 2012
Jax, Florida
I've had zero problems with mine but I got them used so they may or may not have already been broken in.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. Problem is I cant use the V4L stuff anymore as I sold it to a friend,and i am not to good at rebuilding stuff. Ive got big clumsy hands that dont do good working with small stuff. I tried a rebuildable atomizer and just f-ed it all up lol. After looking up the pheonix, the only thing that makes me wary is the plastic of the tube itself. I bought a clearomizer that looked like it had the same consistency of the tube and every hit i took tasted like warm plastic. does the pheonix do that at all?

Sundrinkr

Alis volat propriis
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2011
Behind the Rainbow
How often are you changing cartomizers for the Phiniac? I really hate cartos after all the problems i had previously but the phiniacs just look awesome. I dont really want a DCT tank though considering all cartos are pretty much the same.

I am getting about 3-4 weeks on my cartos before I change them out. Although they are still functioning at that point, I notice a little decrease in hit.... almost like a freshness thing.... I typically use the 3.0 Boge cartos from CCV because I like to vape at 5V and I like the service from CCV. After normally discarding a carto after a week of non tank use I am thrilled to use them for 3-4!

Both of my tanks are regular sized and I usually will refill sometime during the day, sometime twice if I was low to begin with. I vape A LOT. So you might want to consider a tall boy but they do require the x-long cartos. This is what my setup looks like this morning, so you can see what the tank looks like on a little 5V box....

DSC00126.jpg

Phiniac has come out with a new little device that sticks into the top of your carto like a drip tip would. It allows you to push the carto into the tank without snagging the o-ring. It is also angled so it acts like a little ramp to squirt your juice into the tank. My experience as a first time user the other day was: 1) It is GREAT for getting your carto into the tank smoothly. 2) When I squirted juice down the ramp it made a bubble lock and would not go down into the tank until I pulled the carto way down. 3) The device was a ..... to get back out of the carto -- very tight fit and I had to worry it would pull the carto out of the tank enough that I would lose my juice. I was holding the carto threads with my fingernails on one end and tugging/twisting on the other -- did not like that at all.

So, I am back to doing it my own way which is to push the bottom of the carto into the tank until there is just a little gap I can squeeze juice from my bottle into. Then I just finish pushing/twisting the carto through until the bottom is flush with the tank. A quick wipe if I have been a little careless and voila, it is done. To refill I just push the bottom of the carto back into the tank, fill, and then push back out. Most of my trippy tips fit tightly so I am able to use the tip to help manipulate the carto....

This may be more info than you were looking for but I hope it helps....

Oh, and I punch my own cartos. I bought this cheap little punch at Lowes and used that but my cartos kept rolling around on the kitchen counter while trying to punch. A very nice person here on ecf made me a carto punch that works like a charm....

CartoPunch.jpg

Last edited:

Th3 FaT 0n3

ECF Veteran
Nov 25, 2009
Around
My only reservation about the Phiniac is that it does use cartomizers, which i pretty much hate now since i have had so many issues. Are there any places that sell pre slotted carts? i mean honestly i dont want to have to punch my own or anything, i want to grab fill and go. thats one of the reason i like the stardusts so much. i dont have to do worry much until it dies.

tlynn

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2009
Austin, Tx

Sundrinkr

Alis volat propriis
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2011
Behind the Rainbow
My only reservation about the Phiniac is that it does use cartomizers, which i pretty much hate now since i have had so many issues. Are there any places that sell pre slotted carts? i mean honestly i dont want to have to punch my own or anything, i want to grab fill and go. thats one of the reason i like the stardusts so much. i dont have to do worry much until it dies.

I found some here at the Mom and Pop Store. I like to punch my own because I can punch down real low so the tank is almost empty before I have to refill. However, this is the easiest way to go. Remember that you have to use the stainless cartos.... Cartomizer Prepunched - Mom and Pop Vapor Shop
Hope this helps!

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
There are vendors that sell pre-punched cartos. The trouble is most of those available have very tiny holes (drilled?), so if your juice is on the thicker side they won't wick well...same with the clearo type atty's that use a wick. (If you do buy pre-drilled cartos, I would only get the 2 or 3 hole ones.)

I had the same aversion to punching my own cartos as you initially. However, finding how hard it is to find prepunched (multiple holed) cartos in stock, I decided to try punching my own. I got a great $15 Siam Mod carto punch from Phiniac and also the Tank Filling Tool (get this too - you'll thank me later).

I watched the how-to video at Phiniac. Practiced on an old unused carto. IT'S SO EASY!! Entire process takes less than a minute. You'll save money punching your own. Even better, you'll be able to customize the juice transfer from tank to carto entirely to your liking by adding additional holes however you need to. Dry or burnt hit? Add another hole (or two, or three). Its really easy...empty the tank, pull the carto, punch the carto, return the carto, fill the tank. Repeat as necessary. (punched filled cartos will not leak out of the tank)

Im pretty much a tank-vapor. I have over 10 tanks, most with their own flavor juice. All of them work great. Changing between flavors is as easy as changing clearos or cartos. The juice capacity of tanks is incomparable - 3.5 to 7 ml last me 2 to 4 weeks between topoffs.

Just educate yourself, ask for help, and practice. It's what I did.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread