• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Everyone chime in!

Status
Not open for further replies.

whynotvap

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2010
amerika
Looks like we've been inactive and risk deletion!

I apologize for the lack of my input over the previous months, work and real life have been interfering more than usual. With schedule changes and recently becoming engaged, I haven't been doing my part.

SO! If you want to keep this group open everyone who checks in should at least post up a little something to let the higher up know that you are in fact still checking in. I am also interested in passing the reigns on to someone else since I haven't been able to direct this group in the manner it deserves.

I do this not because I don't love the group but because I DO and acknowledge that it needs more input than I'm able to currently give.

That being said, I'm not abandoning you as your 'fearless leader' ;) if you really don't want me to. Either way, write up something so they know the zombie vapors are still hiding behind the barriers until the hordes dwindle down enough to venture outside once more.

bushmasterar15

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2012
Arizona
zombie.jpg

Mac

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
All up in your grill..
This group has always been kind of dead. Perhaps we need some sort of radiation from outer space to bring it back to life. Here's some zombie poetry for ya:

Brains
Brains
I need a smock cause they leave
Stains
Stains
I shamble along lookin for a snack
Cause to me grey matter is about as addicting as crack
I rise from the dirt
And if I gnaw on your skull it's gonna hurt
I'm slow but persevere
Am I the only rhymin zombie around here?

I have been away due to work, pops back in the hospital (5 times since November) and this time they put him in Nashville, TN which is 150 miles one way to go visit. On the weekends that I dont go visit its because I am doing gun shows.

I have been on a "sell" kick lately- sold the Sig Sauer M400, JR Carbine, AK47, Draco, SKS MC-5D, 2x Norinco SKS's, Saiga 12 ga with 20rd drum, Mossberg 500, Winchester SXP defender 12ga, Remington 870 Police Magnum, Remington 870 express, Hi-Point 995 Carbine, Para Ordnance P13, 2 stripped Zombie AR lowers, 600rds of 5.56 green tip, 100rds of 75gr 223, 3000rds of 7.62x39mm and a Taurus 38 special. Gun cabinet is a little thin at the moment. I did buy a Mossberg 590 to replace the shotguns, and I am up in the air about buying an AR57.

I ran out of e-liquid last week and bought one of those corner store e-cigs, but it sucked ...., so ended up buying a carton of Marlboro reds again. Sending off an order for juice this morning.

Hope your dad is doing better Mutt. That's got t be incredibly difficult.

(hope your juice arrives soon)

Thank you, but just an update, my pops passed away last night at the Nashville VA hospital. Been up all night making phone calls and arranging for family to come into town. About to OD on coffee and nicotine at the moment.

whynotvap

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2010
amerika
I'm sorry to hear that too Mutt. My condolences to you and your family. I know it's been a hard road for you lately. I lost my Dad 15 years ago almost to the day and I can't say it ever gets easy, but it will get easier to deal with. I still catch myself about to call him and tell him a particularly foul joke I know he'd love... It's a gut punch each time but the hits WILL get easier to deal with eventually to the point where you'll know what people mean when they say 'bitter-sweet'. Just don't shy away from thinking about him, you don't want to lose him completely. Sounds weird, but I still think about him every day and use what I remember to help guide me in difficult problems. Call it WWDD if that makes sense. I may be crazy or not, but I still have my Dad with me upstairs when .... gets tough, and yes, he still laughs the same way when I do 'tell' him that particularly foul joke.

Life is going to suck pretty hard for awhile but he'll be there waiting for you when your able to talk to him again. Remember the good times and forget the rest is the best advice I can give you. Know that he loved you and wouldn't want you to suffer any more than you have to. That's the only universal truth I can safely say I know to be true. Even the hardest heart-ed father loves his children enough to want them to have some measure of success and happiness in life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread