eVic is here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mackoy 09

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2014
New Jersey
First post! Just got my new evic in the mail from Ovale! Paired it with Cylo and vaping Java Me Crazy from Ovale (so id get them all at the same time) and I must say Im liking it! This will be my 2nd time quitting cigarettes and Im positive Im going to stay this way. I tried greensmoke ecigs for a good 2 months, but ran out of cartos and went back to smoking :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mackoy 09

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2014
New Jersey
dene9ana.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Evic's is a fun toy. With the customization you can do with that thing there is no reason it shouldn't work out well for you. Really puts the "A" back in APV.

As you learned the last time though: don't let yourself get caught short on supplies. Be sure to lay in a supply of whatever the Cylo uses.

Welcome!

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
It could be. Those BooB Toob videos are using very high VG liquids to produce that much vapor - just for the sake of producing that much vapor. To get throat hit you head toward more PG, at the expense of vapor. To get all that vapor your slide toward more VG, at the expense of throat hit.

If your liquid is very thin - like water - chances are it is a high PG liquid. VG liquid tends toward being thicker and moves more slowly when you tip the bottle or your tank.

ccubed

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2013
Denver, CO
Hi Mackoy and welcome to ECF. Looks like you have a great setup and that you've found a juice that you like. That is HUGE. As is your decision to switch to vaping instead of analogs. Keep sharing your experience because others can benefit from it.

When I joined ECF, people shared their experience and offered suggestions. One was already mentioned, but it is worth repeating. It was suggested that I get backups to ALL of my gear and backups for my backups. I never want to be in the situation where a dead battery or equipment failure gives me an excuse to have to buy analogs and go back to smoking. That has been great advice.

It was also shared that increased water intake was important and I found that to be REALLY true. I had to up my water to stay hydrated, otherwise my nose would get crusty (really gross).

Keep vaping and I hope you find the folks in ECF to be supportive, knowledgeable and friendly. I have sure found them to be that way. A lot of credit for my successfully switching to vaping is because of ECF and the folks here.

Enjoy and namaste.

Mackoy 09

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2014
New Jersey
Thank you all again for the support and tips! I just went over Ovale's website and true enough they said most of their juices have 60/40 PG/VG ratio, so Rickajho is on point. I also noticed its thin, just a tad bit thicker than water. The last batch of juices I ordered have 50/50 ratio so we'll see if that would do it. I am determined to stay away from analogs and one way to do that is to keep myself interested with vaping. I will be sampling more juices and will be trimming down the nicotine content gradually. I still have my patches anyway if I wanted more lol! I will also be trying out different tank and ejuice distribution systems next. Again thank you all! ECF is awesome! :D

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
Finding the right tank is a good thing. Whatever setup you have, make sure you have enough coils to keep you in business. It also helps to have a backup while you wait. when I was into clearomizers, I would have at least 2-3 coils in the "vape box". I still use CE5's occasionally, and still keep a supply of extra coils.

As far as the vapor production, that is a fine balance of settings, coils, and juice. There is no one answer as to why you're not producing the same vapor. Just keep in mind, on Youtube, people tailor their settings to have a stronger visual appeal. That does not mean their vapor tastes better, or is more satisfying.

For kicks and giggles, I ordered something I don't normally do, I ordered 20pg/80VG juice. I got tonnes of vapor. I had to offset the loss of PG by requesting more flavor added. The end result was more vapor, same flavor, almost no throat hit for that flavor. Going back to my regular preference of 60Pg/40vg, no extra flavors I get less vapor, same taste, but a satisfying amount of throat hit.

Finding your personal preference is something you just have to experiment with. If there's something you like about a particular juice, or find you start liking a particular setting on your Evic, then feel free to ask. There's a lot of us that's been through the same process, and have our personal insights that will help you guide you to a good setup that works for you. Hopefully, you won't have to spend a lot of money on stuff to get to your target goal of a good vape.

And don't take video vapor production into consideration, those are called "cloud chasers". :) Sort of like putting cards on a bicycle spokes to make a noise... doesn't make your bike any better but to others it may seem like a cool thing to do. However, I've never seen any playing cards on the tour de france. :)

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
Congrats and good luck to you!

You have the eVic V2 more than likely. The reason you don't see them a lot on the Forum is because the V1 had serious build quality issues. The head was press fitted and popped off when dropped, often tearing out the lead connections. I lost 3 of them 9 times, but stayed in a Holiday Inn Express and learned to solder thanks to the eVic. I did buy a V2 when they came out, but had moved on and never use it any more. No question the eVic has amongst the best displays in the market, and the computer interface adds some things that no other devices have. Also, the eVic has a lot of after-market pieces that can really bling it out. Mine has Kir Fanis telescoping tubes, and looks great. I gave my three V1's away. Junk, imho.

Regarding your other questions, I see that have been answered. You might benefit from an advanced variable air flow clearomizer (like the aerotank or Nautilus), or a carto tank (IBTanks are great). My vapor and flavor substantially improved with the carto tanks, and I vaped them exclusively for about 6 months. I did move on to Kayfun's and Taifun's eventually, but got a lot of experience with clearos and cartos over the first year. They get better all the time. Good luck in your VapeQuest! I think the V2 eVic will serve you well. Best to you and welcome back!

zero7starz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 10, 2009
    Congrats and good luck to you!

You have the eVic V2 more than likely. The reason you don't see them a lot on the Forum is because the V1 had serious build quality issues. The head was press fitted and popped off when dropped, often tearing out the lead connections. I lost 3 of them 9 times, but stayed in a Holiday Inn Express and learned to solder thanks to the eVic. I did buy a V2 when they came out, but had moved on and never use it any more. No question the eVic has amongst the best displays in the market, and the computer interface adds some things that no other devices have. Also, the eVic has a lot of after-market pieces that can really bling it out. Mine has Kir Fanis telescoping tubes, and looks great. I gave my three V1's away. Junk, imho.

Regarding your other questions, I see that have been answered. You might benefit from an advanced variable air flow clearomizer (like the aerotank or Nautilus), or a carto tank (IBTanks are great). My vapor and flavor substantially improved with the carto tanks, and I vaped them exclusively for about 6 months. I did move on to Kayfun's and Taifun's eventually, but got a lot of experience with clearos and cartos over the first year. They get better all the time. Good luck in your VapeQuest! I think the V2 eVic will serve you well. Best to you and welcome back!

How can you tell the difference between V1 and V2?

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    USA
    How can you tell the difference between V1 and V2?

The V2 has two screws in the top 510 drip well. Those two screws keep the heads from popping off, as described. Since the devices were dropped, and then more or less exploded and ripped out the connections, the vendors would not replace or repair them. After this happened so many times, I just gave up on what had been my favorite China APV under $100. I have not had that problem with the V2, though, and I think you will be fine. Good luck!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread