Evic Mini VTC or Vape Forward Lite?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Jenson

ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
I've got a Cuboid, a smok RX200 and an old Kanger Tech Sub Mini. I'm wanting to get an updated single 18650 mod with stainless steel temp control. I'm torn between the vtc mini and the vape forward lite. I'm leaning towards the lite, because I think it's more solid, and the build quality looks a lot better. I looking for something that can hold up to more abuse. I love the battery door on the lite, and think it will last longer, and not fly off if I drop the mod. If you have other mods to suggest I'm listening.

I am also looking for a good solid tank that goes with the mod, and works well under 75 watts any help would be much appreciated.

Tim Jenson

ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Are they not running the same or similar software now since both are under the Joye/Wismec brand?

Which do you like best?

Cheers
I
I love the display on the vtc mini, but it's old hat as I have a Cuboid so as long as it has all the pertinent info on the screen I'm fine with a smaller display. Some have said vtc is tried and true and the bugs have been ironed out, and you can expect more regular updates. Like I said I like the look of the build quality of the lite, but haven't held one and can't tell by just watching videos and looking at pictures. None of any of my local vape shops carry them, and I'm also not familiar with the build quality of the vtc mini, the battery door concerns me and there isn't a stainless steel version so I worry about the paint peeling off. I thought I'd throw this post up, to get people's opinions. If I had to by one today I'd go with the Vape Forward Lite.

Tim Jenson

ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
I'm using a vtc mini all day everyday, including on the shop floor at work where things can get knocked around. It's pristine because I keep it in a faux leather case from fasttech. I also got a silicone case but prefer the faux leather because it gives a good grip and is easier to get in and out of my pocket.
What tank do you have on top tank, atty whatever?

Tim Jenson

ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
I have both the lite and stout.
If you going for the vaperflask lite. I suggest you to get the black or stainless steel because the red blue and white are glossy paint.
The black has a Matt finish. Very well done.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk
So what do you think of them, do you have a favorite between those two. Do they feel solid, what are you using up top?

Tim Jenson

ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Not sure what would prompt anyone to buy the R-Stream. It is a straight VTC Mini ripoff from a company with a poor track record. Price is pretty well the same as the VTC which is solid as a rock.
But the Smok uses a different 510 connector, I've heard there are issues with the 510 on the VTC Mini.

ian91

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Westbank, BC Canada
I have heard that as well. I own 4 of them and have not had any issues with mine. Oldest one is 4.5 months old. Remember that they have sold a lot of the minis and there are bound to be some problems. Nothing is perfect. Look thru both forums and you will read a lot of issues with SMOK products. I have never owned one so can't really comment personally. If there was a real price difference, it might be worth trying but there isn't much difference. Each to their own though.

cobalt327

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2012
USA
My smok Treebox will not perform correctly using stainless steel coils (and is the worst battery hog) so I personally will not recommend smok mods. My VTC Mini has been w/o issue- including the 510- since receiving it several months ago. Good solid performer for a very good price. The Lite looks good but it appears to be shaped for a right handed vaper to fire using the index finger- I use my thumb. But firing w/the right index finger puts the 510 on the "wrong" side for what I like...:(

Tim Jenson

ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
My smok Treebox will not perform correctly using stainless steel coils (and is the worst battery hog) so I personally will not recommend smok mods. My VTC Mini has been w/o issue- including the 510- since receiving it several months ago. Good solid performer for a very good price. The Lite looks good but it appears to be shaped for a right handed vaper to fire using the index finger- I use my thumb. But firing w/the right index finger puts the 510 on the "wrong" side for what I like...:(

Have you tried upgrading the firmware. I have the Smok R200 and it's been great so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread