Status
Not open for further replies.

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
To be honest, its cooler just to see the name of the atomizer more than the ramping / changing of voltage or wattage. I need to make a Taifun GT one now ;)

The only advantage I can see is since I use cotton, I guess lower power might not scorch the cotton as quickly.... so hot initially, get the coil hot, then back off (lower) power and enjoy the vape.

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
udZtWSG.jpeg

My Crystal kayfun 3.1, all pmma m-tank, chamber, chimney and Pyrex drip tip :)

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
The manual (at leaast the one I have) doesn't say anything about setting up the RVW. Can someone point me to a source for this?

The manual is lacking to say the least. If you search YouTUbe for eVic firmware updates you will find reviews for 1.0, 1.1, 1.2, 1.3 & 1.4. By watching the reviews you will be close to an eVic Guru.

pwmeek

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2011
SE Michigan
Thank you all for the pointers. I actually don't need the fancier capabilities (I vape at 5.6 Watts for everything except trying to get an extra day or so from a gunking-up atomizer with a few high-wattage puffs), but it might be nice to have the name of the juice displayed to aid in identification when vaping in the dark (movies or night driving).

I alternate between two eVic/ViVi Nova rigs (w/Sour Cherry 36 and Sour Green Apple 36) because I generally vape hard/frequently enough to over-heat a single atomizer. A little extra cool-down time between puffs seems to give a pleasanter vape and prolong atomizer life, at least for me. That also lets me refill tanks and swap batteries only once per day. I run a pair of 2000mAH 18650s down to about 15-25% and nearly empty the two 3.1 ml VVN tanks in 24 hours.

2013-08-14090720-s_zpsb722bd4d.jpg
2013-08-14090846-s_zps8d059258.jpg

(Three guesses which tank has SC and which has SGA.)

I used to need three sets at a time back when I was using "stick-n-carto" rigs (everybody starts out with something inappropriate, don't they?); they would get hot enough to burn my lips otherwise; they needed to be swapped/replaced two or three times per day. Loading up my pockets in the morning was a real production, and maintaining my vehicle/emergency back-ups was complicated, to say the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread