Couple newb Q's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaep

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2013
San Diego
1. Can I use an Ego-USB charger for my Evic?

2. I plugged my Evic into my computer for about 5 minutes, unplugged it and the TEMP icon started flashing for about 10 seconds then stopped.. What was that all about?! Yes, when I plugged it in it said "charging, uploading" and im using a blackberry USB cable...any issues with that?

3. My device info says im using version 1.3...is that the latest? Should I upgrade?

4. Ive been using my Protank on a Twist with no probs.. As soon as I got my Evic today, something went wrong about a half day into vaping on it...it started tasting burnt.. I just put in a new coil head about 3 days ago..

5. Is there anyway I could have my Evic show a pair of .... for the bootup logo??

TheJack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
P.A.
pretty sure you can use the charger. i use a phone / usb charger. i have 2 but only 1 lets it update.

when your charging your evic and the temp is flashing its no big deal. it will get hotter then normal when charging. you can raise up you set temp to stop the warning. i think mine is 101.

the new update is 1.4 i didnt like it. it put more junk up on the screen when i would left scroll that i dont even know what it was but it does give you a reverse colors for your screen so you can see it better when its bright out. looks like s**t tho. i went back to 1.3

hope that helps. i know nothing about a pro tank so i cant comment on that but i`m pretty sure you cant change your screen to a pair of ....?

rasmith1959

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2013
Guthrie, OK

2. I plugged my Evic into my computer for about 5 minutes, unplugged it and the TEMP icon started flashing for about 10 seconds then stopped.. What was that all about?! Yes, when I plugged it in it said "charging, uploading" and im using a blackberry USB cable...any issues with that?

3. My device info says im using version 1.3...is that the latest? Should I upgrade?

4. Ive been using my Protank on a Twist with no probs.. As soon as I got my Evic today, something went wrong about a half day into vaping on it...it started tasting burnt.. I just put in a new coil head about 3 days ago..

5. Is there anyway I could have my Evic show a pair of .... for the bootup logo??

It depends on what you mean. If you mean screwing it onto your 510 connector, then no I would not recommend it. If you mean using the AC adapter and a USB cable, then yes you should be fine.

1.4 is the latest version. I tried it out but wasn't happy with it and went back to 1.3. I'll wait for 2.0 to come out.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk 4.

CRkfx1

Aug 8, 2013
Waco

If you're referring to a charger that looks like this, it might work but I would not recommend it. Charge it through the USB MicroB 2.0 port on the head, or, charge the battery separately in a battery charger like this. I purchased a second battery and just swap them out.

I think this was answered up-thread, but it's because the temp increases when charging your battery inside the eVic and you likely have the temperature alarm set to low (Main Menu->Configure->Temp to change). I set mine at 38 celsius (the Fahrenheit setting is broke in v.1.4).

I prefer 1.4 mostly because the home screen has many more configuration options. I love being able to see my daily puff count and the date/time at the click of a button, esp. the date/time because I don't wear a watch. I used to have to dig in my pocket for my phone to get the time. It's a marvelous way to surreptitiously check the time (perfect for long boring-... meetings.)

This could be any number of things, but none are directly related to using the eVic as your power source. My best guess is you accidently cranked the voltage/wattage all the up and dried out the atty. Just re-prime the atty (drop some juice directly on the atty/wick), turn the power as low a possible, then vape. Crank power up (I prefer using watts) until just before it begins to taste burnt. Then turn it back down a couple tenths of a watt.

Listed on the eVic II proposed feature list , they (Ovale & Joyetech) say they will be open sourcing the firmware and possibly the MVR software, so yes, in about a year, I'm sure there will be many different flavors of the firmware (similar to Android phones), one of which will undoubtedly be showing a pair of ... on boot up.

Hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread