Status
Not open for further replies.

tchavei

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Portugal
Don't have any idea, where, or if uou can get a shorter tube, honestly honestly I couldn't even imagine why you would want to.

Portability. The evic S is taller "per se" because of the lcd screen. Add a 18650 battery and a kayfun and you have a deadly weapon. Besides, I always have a small box with 4 batteries in it.... plenty for all day. The microUSB lets you charge the evic S in your car or at work so I never have any problems.

Really? In 18650 mode I use mine as a walking stick, LOL! I've got some 18350 batteries for mine, and use them every once in a while when I'm out and about.

18350 battery tubes are still available for the original eVic, and they'll work on the Supreme.
I doubt you'll find any real Joyetech tubes, but a goggle search will find decent clones. There's a few links and pix in this thread, too. Battery life is extremely short at higher power, and the safeguards cause it to shut-off sometimes even when the battery is around 50%, but it'll fire back and keep firing for quite a while longer. At <10 watts it works like a champ, may even last a person all day.

Not so sure the original evic tubes will fit. The threading is the same but on a video somewhere I hear that due to the plastic/delrin ring that is mounted inside (to hold the battery from protruding too far) doesn't let the evic S connect properly. The siam mod however does connect and work ok.

About the 50% shutdown and that... mine only shuts down at 0%. I vape mostly at 10W, sometimes 20W for sort periods and sometimes I'm in RVW mode (17W start, then 10W) and a battery lasts me about 4 hours if I dont stick the mod on a microUSB lead in the meanwhile.

What did you have to buy and where in order to shrink the battery tube and use the smaller battery?

I ordered from pinkmule. I got the 18350 siam mod tube (brushed) and the bottom cap (smiley). The original bottom cap will fit so you can save there but I prefered the smiley. Great quality product and pretty heavy (balances out the evic S in mini mode quite well).

Regards
Tony

PS: Here is a pic of mine in "mini" mode and a kayfun in "nano" mode :)

0e3e5b7488ccfebd28f7170443bc1ac1.jpg

Last edited:

BNEAT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
Not so sure the original evic tubes will fit. The threading is the same but on a video somewhere I hear that due to the plastic/delrin ring that is mounted inside (to hold the battery from protruding too far) doesn't let the evic S connect properly. The siam mod however does connect and work ok.

About the 50% shutdown and that... mine only shuts down at 0%. I vape mostly at 10W, sometimes 20W for sort periods and sometimes I'm in RVW mode (17W start, then 10W) and a battery lasts me about 4 hours if I dont stick the mod on a microUSB lead in the meanwhile.

They fit, I have 3 of them. You simply have to take the white plastic ring out. (pix somewhere in this thread)

That's interesting to hear about your 18350 battery behavior. I vape at higher heat levels but only in WATTS mode, and like I said, the safety features work pretty well in these things. If it doesn't think the battery is up to the task, it shuts me down, usually mid-puff! Two of my buddies have experienced the same thing with their Supremes, but one of them gets full battery life like you do vaping at 9ish watts.

BNEAT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
LOL, yes. I thought the same thing when it first did it and I had the battery set to 800mah, not 700mah. But in my experience, that doesn't seem to change anything except the battery meter. Even when I leave it set at 2600mah it still behaves the same way. I haven't really done a scientific test of this theory, just my casual observation when I did or didn't bother to change the battery capacity.

Maybe I should look in to this a little more. It would be nice to get a little more life in 18350 mode.

tchavei

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Portugal
Wierd...
One of mine just discharged... Once again 0%
I'm using efest purple ones (10C) and AW.
I also ordered a few torchy which should be even better than these.

The Micro USB is definitely an important feature. I used to use a mini zMax from sigelei and when I returned home at night, I always had 3 or 4 batteries to charge. Now I rarely have more than two and the evic s is a battery eater by itself. You can't let it on for extended periods of time as it will discharge the battery.

The best configuration I've found is :

- screen off after 1 minute (or even stealth mode)
- scrensaver off
- system shut down in 10 min.

This has proven to save a lot the battery without being intrusive or annoying.

Regards
Tony

Sent from my GT-I9195 through Tapatalk

Superkyle1721

Verified Member
Aug 20, 2014
Starkville
The only reason I am interested in doing the swap to the smaller batteries is bc I'm addicted to the areotank v2 and the nautilus bvc. Maybe I'm doing something wrong but both tanks only like to run at a max of 10 watts without burning taste using 1.6 ohm coils. The large battery lasts on average a little over 2 days. Since I have a few batteries and am stuck at lower wattage due to tanks it wouldn't be a bad idea to swap to smaller batters to gain a sleek unit.

BNEAT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
I'm using Purple efest also, and I've got mine configured exactly the same as you. I haven't updated firmware, so maybe that's the issue. Maybe I'll try that when I get time. I'm really not that concerned with it, because I rarely use the 18350s. But if they lasted a little longer than 50-60 puffs I might.

edit: Not long after I got my eVic S I remember trying an old 5.2amp Samsung 18650 and asked for 8 or 9 amps and it shut down, which makes perfect sense. But a 18350 shutting down (that's rated safe for what I'm asking of it) doesn't make sense at all...but then again, I don't know diddley about electricity!

Last edited:

tchavei

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Portugal
OK, I'm back. Missed me? :D

So here are my stats (between August 20 and September 16, using only 18350s)

Average puffs per day: 441
Average time per day: 1561.9 seconds
Average draw duration (based on monthly status): 3,54 seconds
Used resistance: 80% 1.3Ohms, 10% 1.5Ohms, 10% 1,8 Ohms
Power Settings: 86% at 10W, 12% 14W, 2% 20W
Average daily energy: 15264 (this is important but not sure if it is measured in watts?)

On a personal note, my average (when not recharging through microUSB) are 4 batts from dusk till dawn.

Regards
Tony

BNEAT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
4 batteries a day? Holy crap! (It bums me out that I have to use two) I'd be interested to now if yours freaks out when you turn it up to 20+ watts on a low 18350. If it doesn't, then surely it's my firmware that's causing the issue.

If I have time, I'll check my stats tomorrow. I haven't played with the software since I first got it, and that was 35,717 puffs ago, LOL! I may try out the newer firmwares, too.

...Make that 35,718

tchavei

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Portugal
Oh it's not a big deal and doesn't happen often as I use the micro USB charger... I still need to refill my nano kayfun so dropping in a battery is no hassle. I always have a small ego case with me that has a basic survival kit inside in case I get kidnapped and sexually abused by some gorgeous blonde.

I have a box of 4 Batts inside plus a charged vv3, a mini kayfun and a couple of pre-made and pre wicked micro coils... Has saved me every time :)

Will test pushing the battery at 20% with 20w. Should be enough?

Regards
Tony

tchavei

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Portugal
Ok, I checked... 2.77 amps at any given second so a 700mah battery would be discharged in 15 minutes... That's 900 seconds so... 900/3.54 is 254 draws or so... Nope... Can't be right... That would put me at 2 Batts per day and it's twice as much.... It's 4am here my brain must be forgetting something obvious

Regards
Tony

tchavei

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Portugal
Did the 20w test.

Used the battery all morning at 10w waiting for it to go down. At lunch time I had about 37% left so I switched to 20w. Took about 18 draws until the battery hit 25% and then it started to cut out after 2 second draws with the message "overload protection" .
I switched to 15w and vaped it for another 15 minutes until it hit 9% and started to go into overload protection in the middle of a draw. Finally I switched back to 10w and managed to vape it down until 0% and the message "power low" like usually.
The atty resistance also plays a role since the higher the resistance you use, the higher the voltage but less the amperage.

I hope my scientific analysis helped :)

Regards
Tony

Last edited:

Darr00742

Aug 10, 2014
United Kingdom
Just thought I'd post my battery life experience..
VTC4 2100mah
The first day wasn't too great (didn't expect it to be) lost 15% in about an hour on 15 watts.

However, after settling down with much experimenting, I got slight burning on the Delta tank at 18 watts, and too warm for me anyway.
I have settled on 12 watts.
So far, after 24 hours..... 668 puff count. battery at 30%
Not bad at all.
( have to keep remembering to put it to sleep)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread