Evic supreme

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeteC2

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2013
Bristol, CT
I am happy to see that the "Beta" testers are in line for one!

Some of the features look good, but the question of course will be whether or not they work as advertised and if the construction is better than the eVic's was. I have an eVic, and it is certainly decent, but it is a bit glitchy compared to other tube mods that I own and it has notoriously weak threading at the connector.

I do wish that joyetech would cease adding dubious "features" that have little to do with vapability. Wasting size to have a screen saver or photo on my ecig? Ridiculous.

DejayRezme

ECF Veteran
  • Mar 22, 2014
    Europe
    it has notoriously weak threading at the connector.

I do wish that Joyetech would cease adding dubious "features" that have little to do with vapability. Wasting size to have a screen saver or photo on my ecig? Ridiculous.

Well it has a replaceable 510 connector. Really can't ask for a better fix. With this it might even be better to have weaker 510 threads so if one of the threads get hurt it will be the replaceable ones.

And it really isn't bigger than a Vamo or the other mods (139mm heigth). It's stainless steel. I suspect there is a bit of antipathy against joyetech, but I think they are really trying and innovate. Sure nobody needs a screensaver, but they have a programmable chip in there anyway so it's probably a cheap feature to implement for them. So they use it and make tons of stuff configurable. Can't really hurt?

I think it's gonna be better and cheaper than any DNA 30 mod in every regard. Except form factor maybe.

Having said that, I do really hope I won't regret preordering and getting the first version X)

Last edited:

PeteC2

ECF Veteran
    Mar 18, 2013
    Bristol, CT
    Well it has a replaceable 510 connector. Really can't ask for a better fix. With this it might even be better to have weaker 510 threads so if one of the threads get hurt it will be the replaceable ones.

And it really isn't bigger than a Vamo or the other mods (139mm heigth). It's stainless steel. I suspect there is a bit of antipathy against joyetech, but I think they are really trying and innovate. Sure nobody needs a screensaver, but they have a programmable chip in there anyway so it's probably a cheap feature to implement for them. So they use it and make tons of stuff configurable. Can't really hurt?

I think it's gonna be better and cheaper than any DNA 30 mod in every regard. Except form factor maybe.

Having said that, I do really hope I won't regret preordering and getting the first version X)

Hmm, I do not believe that it will have a replaceable 510 thread connector...that appears to be their poor command of English leading to that, not the reality. They said that the connector ring is changeable...not the 510 threads themselves.

Personally, I am disappointed that this does not have the floating center pin (if it does, they make no mention of it).

DejayRezme

ECF Veteran
  • Mar 22, 2014
    Europe
    Hmm, I do not believe that it will have a replaceable 510 thread connector

Personally, I am disappointed that this does not have the floating center pin (if it does, they make no mention of it).

They showed it on a video, so it will definitely have a replaceable 510 connector. Seen it on the steamo and another video.

I'm not sure how floating center pins work and I'm curious. I understand that some people prefer them, but I don't know why they prefer them above a (good) spring loaded one. A floating pin on a mechanical would be pushed out by the battery spring, so that would be great, but for a regulated mod you would have to pull out the pin?

DejayRezme

ECF Veteran
  • Mar 22, 2014
    Europe
    I got word from the vendor (ecig.eu) that the 510 center pin is NOT spring loaded. Which is a bit sad. I hope it can be adjusted at least or maybe even modded. I just want my atomizer to sit flush without any silly gaps.

Does anyone know what long lasting batteries would be good for the eVic Supreme? It seems with 30 watts you need at least 9 ampere rated batteries at 3.7 volts. The one that comes with it is the Sony VTC4. I guess the options for 20a rating and 2100mah are pretty limited? Is the VTC5 the best option?

BNEAT

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 25, 2013
    Louisville, Kentucky
    Ordered mine last night. I've got a soft spot for the junkie ol eVic, it was the first mod I bought, and it has 102,011 puffs on it! (most of those wide open at the whopping 11watt/2.5 amp limit, LOL!) I've been trying to get my hands on a DNA30 device, specifically a ZNA30, but I don't have enough time on my hands to camp in front of my computer waiting for the next batch to be released. For $150, I don't see how you can go wrong with one of these. Joyetech has a solid reputation and the vaping community has them to thank for a lot of innovations. I'll give them another handful of dollars.

downloadable pictures....really?? [rolleyes]

zipflint

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 26, 2012
    Spartanburg, SC
    I want one of these pretty bad, but since I can't afford one for another few months, I'm hoping the reviewers jump on this on ASAP so I know more about what I'm (potentially) buying.

And I still love my ol' Evic too. It was the first "big boy" mod I got as well. After that, it was all over: SVD, iHybrid Pure, and a crapload of mech clones. :oops:

BNEAT

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 25, 2013
    Louisville, Kentucky
    Does anyone know what long lasting batteries would be good for the eVic Supreme? It seems with 30 watts you need at least 9 ampere rated batteries at 3.7 volts. The one that comes with it is the Sony VTC4. I guess the options for 20a rating and 2100mah are pretty limited? Is the VTC5 the best option?

I'll let you know. I've got short battery tubes and 10.5 amp purple Efest 18350s that I'm hoping will fire it. If not, then the VTC5 will be what I use. Don't worry, there'll probably be a dozen new/better batteries out by the end of the month, LOL!

VapinSweetZ

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 21, 2013
    Philadelphia, PA.
    Last edited:

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2013
    Arlington, Texas - USA

mightymen

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    Better to wait for awhile, things are moving really fast NOW. They just came out with DNA 35 NOW.

Makes me wonder where are the lower price devices going, I've just seen a VAMO V5 going to 29.99 at USA vendor. Vamo v5 Variable Wattage Mod

Fasttech has DNA 20 for $52.00. http://www.fasttech.com/search?dna 20

I've seen a pre order DNA 30 for as little as 69.99 on line from a USA vendor.

It's hard and takes willpower, but I do want the best device for what I'm willing to pay, I need a screen with a display like the old VAMO V2, my eye's aren't that good no more and I can't see those small letters and numbers anymore without putting on my glases and who want's to do that!

Last edited:

mightymen

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    Last edited:

AnsonJames

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 23, 2011