Evod coil rebuild w/cotton and hemp wicks--SUCCESS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

**Rubina**

Aug 10, 2013
Mpls
Hi all,
I am sort of newbie but have used metro disposables in the past and have now moved on to a Kanger Evod bcc system. I really love this compared to the crappy cig-style ones. I have already ventured into the rba area and wanted to share my successes thus far.
After many attempts at creating a perfect 2.0-2.2 ohm coil as measured by my huzzle's DMM, I finally got it right with 4 wraps of 32g Kanthal at about 1/16 mm. Interestingly, when I tested the factory coils, they were NEVER at 2.2 as written on side, but were anywhere from 2.6-3.0. That's not cool.
For wicking I have tried both cotton ball and hemp (2 mm natural from ebay-link at bottom; boiled 2x for 20 mins with h2o change in between).
I have found both to be great and so far prefer the flavor from cotton but durability of hemp. I find that while vaping my new fav Mt. Baker Vapor's Bananas Gone Nuts---yes! it is delish!--the cotton tends to give out more quickly and require a super quick wick change while the hemp tends to have a woody flavor. Both do perform wonderfully. I also find the cotton to produce more heat, popping but also great flavor. I have tried different thicknesses of the cotton and do not use a flavor wick on either.

So, after rebuilding at least 10 heads (at least 3 times each!), I think I have found the keys to a great vape on my Evod. Also want to thank the many, many folks who have posted about all of this as it has been quite an education and has helped immensely. Finally, as a non-tech woman, I would say that it is super fun to rebuild and find that you have been successful at creating a great vaping experience!!! Yeeeehaawww!:thumbs: Your new pal, Rubina Birdneck

1 5mm 100 Hemp Atomizer Wick Excellent FOR Rebuildables USA Free Shipping LOT | eBay

**Rubina**

Aug 10, 2013
Mpls
Thanks Xterra :)
Both cotton and hemp have benefits and def provide a better vape than the silica. Really interesting how the ohms on the the factory heads were not even close to 2.2.
So far I haven't really needed a flavor wick with either since I am getting great vapes but will try for fun.
Also, I am sure you can find the hemp at a better price if you search around. I ordered mine on the fly and it came within a couple of days.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread