• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

EVOD coils... again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
I have both kanthal and ekowool. I'm a creature of convenience tho. I'll certainly sit down and rebuild one and see how that works out. In the end, however, I'd much rather just have some 2 dollar replacement heads that I know I like.

Interesting insight about the air flow issue. I noticed wicking problems started to arise, and I constantly had to give the body a 1/4 turn to get it going again. I can see a bubble or two pass by the window when I do it. But maybe we are talking about different things... I'm talking more about an airlock in the reservoir than airflow through the pole.

I get that single or 2 bubbles just after I take a hit float up my protank. I don't know what causes that since it doean't relate to a problem.
I bought a couple vapeonly BCC and they are bat guano. Once I noticed the head pressfit into the base I knew it was going to leak and it took the first half day to start doing so . I have them sitting in the drawer

hilly2k2

Feb 10, 2013
North Cackalaka
I find this all odd, because - to me - the new design seems to be resulting in a completely unbearably tight draw (at least 70-80% of the time). I've also had the issue with the burnt taste.

I don't understand - both the old pro and evod heads used to be perfect for their respective uses....now, neither tank gets it right.

On a Vamo V2....

ANd while yes, rebuilding every head could well be an option, I barely have time to dress properly, let alone rebuild heads.

Concat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2011
Edmonton, AB
I gave up on them and am using Aspire BDCs now. I love em so far, and recommend people try them out. Very smooth (fine vapor), good TH and wicking seems solid, though you do need to twist/untwist to get rid of occasional air locks. Current coil has been in use for over a month now with flavorfree juice. No signs of deteriorating performance.

As for the EVOD, I can only assume that batches of coils were shipped with contaminates on the coils and that's why they needed to be dry burned so ....... much to get rid of that chemical throat burn. That and the 1.8 ohm coils I bought were way too weak (like 2.1 ohms). Quality control sucks, so I jumped ship.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
I stand corrected on the protank and T3 heads not being the same. I just had my first leak/gurgle issue with a T3 and took a caliper and YES they are both diffferent by about 1mm and thats enough to not have the T3 not completely screw down. A easy fix for that is to have 2 silicone caps, one right side and the other upside down. I also have some older fasttech evod heads that the some of the heads have a itty bitty oring under the cap and some have a cap with a little nipple on it and both work in not leaking/gurgle but the T3 doesn't screw down all the way.
With those useless to me now evod heads I fixed the crappy new kanger opaque unsulator. The evod insulator has a bit wider bottom flange than the protank head but its a nice rubber not silicone. I just put the insulator on a nail and sanded the lower flange till it was the same size as the protank insulator, it worked well and I'm vaping a PT2 with this sanded insulator and it works great, no more squished insulator causing airflow blockage.
Having the T3 gurgle issue has a 2 fold victory for me at least I get a use out of some laying around evod heads and fixed the crappy PT silicone insulators by replacing them with a better insulator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread