Not open for further replies.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
I've become hoarse and my voice has become gravel-y

If i were you I'd lay off the cinnamon vape and keep the evod tank. :)

I can't vape cinnamon at all.....it makes me hoarse and gives me mouth sores. Cinnamon ejiuce can also be a lung irritant for some vapers.

Maiar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2014
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
Sigh. I miss my evods. It was a simpler time. But if you like the evod but are worried about it cracking or anything, get a protank 2 or mini protank 2. Same damn thing. The mini is basically a glass evod. The full size is great. Holds enough juice to last a day since the coils barely use any.

Reactions: Racehorse

Sue1971

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2010
Mass
If you like cinnamon like redhot candies, Vaporbomb makes a good juice called Cinna-bomb. I keep it on hand for my husband. at vaporbomb you can choose your vg/pg mix and nic level.

also actually drinking coffee will dehydrate you. Try adding more water do your arsenal of drinks.

I too would recommend getting a protank 2 mini it's a glass tank and will not eat away your tank.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Hi and welcome. I will hazard the guess the high PG in your juice is doing in your throat. Switching to at least 50/50 will help. I vape 30/70 for the same reason but, unfortunately, I can't tell you where to buy it because I make it myself. As luck would have it, cinnamon red hots is one of my favorite flavors, too. Flavor Apprentice-- a quality provider-- makes a very good flavor of it, based in either PG or Alcohol, the latter to make mixing in high VG juices easier. DIY isn't hard to do, you might want to look into it. Cheaper, too. Yes, cinnamon juices will crack a plastic tank. Switch to Pyrex and don't worry about it any more. If you want a recommendation, try an Aspire Mini Nautilus. Glad to have you here. We'll try to help.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
hello and welcome to our little world.
Cinnamon? Switch to some fruit or tobacco flavored juice and you need to change your coils or soak them in alcohol to clean them around once a week.
With a decent juice and some experience you will learn to change/clean them when they start tasting bad or not giving good vapor.
I use Evods and similar tanks and they are good starter clearomizers.

Reactions: Racehorse

mentholseeker

Apr 7, 2010
USA
No, I didn't buy it at a gas station. I bought the Evod device at the same time I bought the Cinnamon juice, at a Vaporworks store. You would think they would have warned me. Is there a glass cylinder available for Evod cartomizers? I'd like to continue using a cinnamon flavor, albeit another brand, if I can find one that tastes as strongly as red hots. It seems to be the only flavor I like enough to keep me from smoking.

btw......I wonder if a melting plastic cylinder might be why I was getting hoarse? Come to think of it, sometimes there was a burnt taste......

Shirtbloke

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2014
UK
Yes glass Evods are available and plentiful and fairly cheap.
url.jpg

Reactions: glointhedark

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
No, I didn't buy it at a gas station. I bought the Evod device at the same time I bought the Cinnamon juice, at a Vaporworks store. You would think they would have warned me. Is there a glass cylinder available for Evod cartomizers? I'd like to continue using a cinnamon flavor, albeit another brand, if I can find one that tastes as strongly as red hots. It seems to be the only flavor I like enough to keep me from smoking.

btw......I wonder if a melting plastic cylinder might be why I was getting hoarse? Come to think of it, sometimes there was a burnt taste......

BUT, unless you patiently separate the issues it "could be", you will not progress here. Getting a glass tank is not going to tell you if you are sensitive to PG or Cinnamon.

I would try some high VG ejuice that is not a tank cracker just to SEE if in a week or so the hoarseness goes away.

If it doesn't THEN you can buy new tanks and go back to your beloved cinnamon juice. You have to do each step individually to find your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread