Evoke Induction Vaporizer on Indiegogo, have you seen this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soundhunter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2012
Love Field
I love innovators..looks very,very interesting to me and even if this doesnt make it to market (as most forward thinking products dont) - signals a possible change in the way we vaporize our liquids.. wonder what everyone thought when the first ecigs came to light?.. I'm betting it was "will never work".."looks stupid".."no way any smoker would go for that"..etc.etc...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

KGie

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2014
Tampa, FL USA
Provari is just a mod. The Evoke is both a mod and an atomizer, a hybrid. mods per se aren't all that interesting -- they are all significantly behind the state of the art of what can be done. (Hopefully the P3 and the SVD 2 will soon be making some significant inroads there, however.) In any case, the real action is in the atomizers, and that's where the Evoke is pushing the state of the art to something that is potentially safer (as in less hazardous), has better flavor and works better. The Evoke is not pushing the art as far as I think it could and eventually will go, and whether it really is less hazardous or not is still open to debate (as is whether it works better), but it would appear it at least has the potential to be a step in the right direction.

-Kevin

Last edited:
I first ran across this after watching a pbusardo video review of wicking materials. Yes I use rayon for my wicks. Anyway Phil bought into the idea so I researched it. Yes I understand induction heating and the crowd funding concept. This sounds like a really nice idea. So I bought in. Probably won't be here in time for Xmas but maybe my birthday.

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
Oh...I didn't notice I was correct in my speculations of how this thing was going to work(actually on my way to work at like 5:30 after being up all night -typical fashion) I'm pretty sure ecf has it documented. I'm going to find it to solidify my...
Ego-boost!

Edit- Yay! http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=11861539
Not that it takes real insight for that..I was actually dealing with reactors and capacitors a good bit around that time frame..
Editedit- it's the exact same thing that use to be in the electric Angel link, in thrasher's post.

So they're re-attempting this same thing that failed in January..or is it the same funding from January?

Last edited:

WattWick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2013
Cold Norway
Do ideas posted in ecf constiute intellectual property? =] JK.. I looked into induction a long time ago but decided efficiency would be the big problem. I hope they have that figured out otherwise you may have to constantly charge it like a cigalike..

Well they did learn about induction heating on youtube :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread