Evolv-ing Thread

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Nothing new on the dna front for me.

I was looking/pondering a LV Triade 250C, seems like it would be a great mod except for that raised 510 section and if that wasn't there I could see running the Aromamizer Titan on it. But I suppose that 510 hump is the only thing that differentiates the Triade from a Wismec Reuleaux. :)

Matching tanks to mods and these ones have found their permanent homes.
The BSKR V1.5 MTL on the iPV D2.
The Pindad with a dual 26a 0.25 build on the Cthulhu Mod.
The Gear on the Hohm Wrecker G2 LE.

I just love the look of that tiny little tank on an old school boxy mod full of stupid CNC'ed symbols. :2cool:
Trio.jpg

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
I was looking/pondering a LV Triade 250C, seems like it would be a great mod except for that raised 510 section and if that wasn't there I could see running the Aromamizer Titan on it.
Yeah that Titan is a big boy for sure. I almost bought one of those. And the largest I have is an old 28mm RDA. Maybe I'll dig it out and take a pic for ya. I have lots of Triades. I just love them.
But I suppose that 510 hump is the only thing that differentiates the Triade from a Wismec Reuleaux. :)
Oh there is more. The Reuleaux uses that Joyetech/Wismec proprietary very short 510 connection. Screw in a 510 longer than 4.6mm and you will likely blow the soft plastic bottom out and then nothing will fire. The Reuleaux also uses thinner wiring which isn't too hot when you want to push some amps. Yes I have a few of these too. Baby them and they will do ok and don't push the power.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
So I checked my tracking for when I received my Insider and spare Boro Box so about 25 days ago I put two filled ready to use Boro Boxes on this square piece of 2 x 4 that sits on my desk. About a week later I decided to turn them upside down in case they decided to leak. This morning I took a look at them and one is completely empty and the other one is almost empty. No wet juice mess to be found but you can see that the wood has absorbed it. Just thought it a bit strange.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
This morning I took a look at them and one is completely empty and the other one is almost empty. No wet juice mess to be found but you can see that the wood has absorbed it. Just thought it a bit strange.
What? Seriously? Oh man! I have four Boro tanks filled with juice sitting on a shelf that would definitely absorb juice. I just checked them and they are bone dry on the outside and juice still safe inside. But now, just in case, I put them in a leak proof box. :unsure:

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
What? Seriously? Oh man! I have four Boro tanks filled with juice sitting on a shelf that would definitely absorb juice. I just checked them and they are bone dry on the outside and juice still safe inside. But now, just in case, I put them in a leak proof box. :unsure:
I don't think that mine started leaking till I turned them upside down. I did that because I thought they would be less likely to leak in that position.

• Informative
Reactions: BillW50

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
I'm in the process of doing some major maintenance on my 2012 desktop, just backing up the file on my last 2 disc Raid 0 array to an external HD (hooked up SATA not USB). That will be the extent of it for today. It's an LGA-1366 socket and I'm pretty sure the latch for the cpu chip isn't pressing the chip against the socket pins good enough, this is a known problem with this socket. (first generation desktop I7). I'm going to shim the edges of the door/latch with small strips of duct tape.

Last edited:

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
I'm just now getting around to signing onto the forum since I left home for work.
Apparently my notebook got wind that I was giving some love to my desktop yesterday and it took a fatal dump. The flashes of 4 with the led in the caps lock key indicates no video card/chip. This is also a 1st gen I-7 cpu board. Bought the new one already, pick up on Monday as it's probably the only store in San Diego that's closed on Easter. Requiring it to have a DVD burner really whittled down the choices. There is some what of a story on how I got the one that quit working but later on that>

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
So I canceled my new laptop at the place that I bought it from and ordered the same one with more than twice the hard drive storage for $100 less. I will not get it till next Thursday though, I'll probably make out OK with the company laptop till then.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Yeah that Titan is a big boy for sure. I almost bought one of those. And the largest I have is an old 28mm RDA. Maybe I'll dig it out and take a pic for ya. I have lots of Triades. I just love them.

Oh there is more. The Reuleaux uses that Joyetech/Wismec proprietary very short 510 connection. Screw in a 510 longer than 4.6mm and you will likely blow the soft plastic bottom out and then nothing will fire. The Reuleaux also uses thinner wiring which isn't too hot when you want to push some amps. Yes I have a few of these too. Baby them and they will do ok and don't push the power.
I saw Mike's review video with the different size attys on the Triade, it's a definite no for me. If it was like the Drone then there would be one in the cart for sure as the Drone will take the Titan with a smidgen of overhang on the back sizes.

Photo courtesy of mjag in the Titan thread.
9eIhALF.jpg

I was just talking looks on the Triade/Reuleaux comparison with the raised 510. Wismec (Joyetech) would have cut corners for sure on build quality especially in regards to the quality of the 510.

Lost Vape likes to rehash old parts as well new vs old Triade and Drone.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
I saw Mike's review video with the different size attys on the Triade, it's a definite no for me. If it was like the Drone then there would be one in the cart for sure as the Drone will take the Titan with a smidgen of overhang on the back sizes.
Man, lots of people freak out about a little overhang that wouldn't bother me one bit. But even for me, that pic of a Titan on a Triade does look ridiculous. :(
Lost Vape likes to rehash old parts as well new vs old Triade and Drone.
I dunno, but if I had a Titan, I'd probably use it on a Drone from time to time. ;)

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Man, lots of people freak out about a little overhang that wouldn't bother me one bit. But even for me, that pic of a Titan on a Triade does look ridiculous. :(

I dunno, but if I had a Titan, I'd probably use it on a Drone from time to time. ;)
Unlike you I don't have a dozen of them ;) I use my drone for squonking the Kali V2 RDA. :D

Users who are viewing this thread