Evolv-ing Thread

VapingBad

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 16, 2015
Hertfordshire, UK
To say hello in my new home form home I'll post this sound bite from Clive Bates answering a question about what vapers think about the coming regulations.

You told us to quit smoking. You taxed the pants off us; you've bullied us with your public information campaigns; you've racked up the stigma that we felt. You've tried to stop us using these products wherever we can. You've hit us with massive societal disapproval. tobacco companies haven't done that, government and public health have done that.

So we've done the right thing. We've got off smoking; we've protected our health; we produce a vapour which doesn't harm anyone; most people aren't troubled by it.

Just leave us alone! Just get off our backs!

Last edited:

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Newport News, Virginia, United States
OK, we have been given permission to talk a little about the DNA75, really only in vague terms though.
  • It is NOT a DNA40 form factor.
  • It does talk to Escribe, and is firmware upgradable.
  • It adds a few new features versus the DNA200, but also takes away a few.
  • It is being targeted at a lower pricepoint than the DNA200, ie for the mass market
  • It does run pleasantly and surprisingly long (to me) on a single 18650.
EDIT: And dont believe everything you read on that hcigar mock up!

Last edited:

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
With a single 18650 it could be slightly smaller than the evolv reference correct?
"Significantly" is a very subjective term, I dont know that "I" would go as far to say that. However significantly smaller than the ERM+ is for sure.

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
You think it would cradle into a 1590a box?
How small you can get will depend on where your priorities are. Do you want swap-able batteries, or the smallest form possible? In order to have swap-able batteries you have to accommodate that with some sort of battery compartment. I.e. a tube, or battery cradle with a door, or whatever. If you want the smallest form possible then you can solder the battery in, or use a battery with solder tabs, and save the space taken up by battery springs and\or contacts etc.

dsidab81

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2015
How small you can get will depend on where your priorities are. Do you want swap-able batteries, or the smallest form possible? In order to have swap-able batteries you have to accommodate that with some sort of battery compartment. I.e. a tube, or battery cradle with a door, or whatever. If you want the smallest form possible then you can solder the battery in, or use a battery with solder tabs, and save the space taken up by battery springs and\or contacts etc.
If the charging capabilities are similar to the 200 I wouldn't go swappable

Reactions: Tpat591

SlickWilly

Tinkerer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2013
NY
Like VB I already have a 200 in a 1590a so no real gain putting a 75 in one. I do look forward to getting my hands on one or two boards when they come available, I'd like to see how small of a 18650 mod I could make out of one. Love the ERM and a beta size mod with 200's but "for me" they are too big to stick in my pocket when outside or in the shop so I've been using ZNA's that I put DNA 40's in for those times. I was looking at a ZNA the other night and wondering if the body was milled out would a 75 board fit in one of those, something I'll look at when I eventually get my hands on a board. :) I bought a few more NIB ZNA's and was planning on putting 40's in those too but now I'm going to wait.

With some milling to make room..... hmm....
DSC01892S.jpg

SlickWilly

Tinkerer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2013
NY

VB, you know when I first got mine done (after seeing yours) I didn't care for the square size, but it soon became my most used and one of my favorite 200 mods. It's a really nice size mod and fits well in the hand, that one you can get away with putting in your pocket. I know a lot of folks like bigger battery's, but the nice thing with a 900 is they charge back up a lot faster! :)

VapingBad

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 16, 2015
Hertfordshire, UK
VB, you know when I first got mine done (after seeing yours) I didn't care for the square size, but it soon became my most used and one of my favorite 200 mods. It's a really nice size mod and fits well in the hand, that one you can get away with putting in your pocket. I know a lot of folks like bigger battery's, but the nice thing with a 900 is they charge back up a lot faster! :)
I live off my 900 mAh DNA 200s so much more portable, I do have a Rolo for the desk & the night stand.

Dang I thought the a boxes were smaller
You wouldn't say that if you had to fit a board in one, but like all general purpose boxes that use of space is never going to be optimum and most folks used a G2 which are big for that reason.

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
OK, we have been given permission to talk a little about the DNA75, really only in vague terms though.
  • It is NOT a DNA40 form factor.
  • It does talk to Escribe, and is firmware upgradable.
  • It adds a few new features versus the DNA200, but also takes away a few.
  • It is being targeted at a lower pricepoint than the DNA200, ie for the mass market
  • It does run pleasantly and surprisingly long (to me) on a single 18650.
EDIT: And dont believe everything you read on that HCIGAR mock up!
Would it be a vague term to ask you to confirm a DNA200 form factor, mounting & button configuration as these stills from POH#116 would suggest?
upload_2016-4-8_20-58-3-png.545683

upload_2016-4-8_20-53-43-png.545682

Trying to figure out if DNA200 bezels & mounts work for the DNA75.

The other rumor was it might be compatible with a 2S battery config which seemed a bit unlikely.

Last edited:
Reactions: dsidab81

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
POH actually stated the 75 had the same footprint as the 200.......
Yep, same footprint regarding buttons, mounting holes etc. "Slightly" different board dimensions. It is a drop in replacement for a DNA200.

Users who are viewing this thread