Exchange or Repair for Innokin iTaste MVP 3.0 Pro 60W less than a year old, versus new brand?

Status
Not open for further replies.

curtiscee

Nov 30, 2011
Washington, DC
I purchased an iTaste MVP 3.0 Pro 60W from @myvaporstore_ny on 08/20/2015. It's malfunctioning from strictly normal use. (Cycles red green yellow when plugged in, stopped recharging the battery regardless of how many hours connected, and switching cables, electrical outlets, direct/surge protectors, standard Apple or fast Apple power adapter results in no difference.) How do I exchange or repair it?

Is this the standard expectation of the build quality of this innokin product that its lifetime is designed to last under a year? The warranty has expired I assume, but I don't want to invest necessarily in another MVP or innokin product if they typically last under a year, unless most ecig products from most brands also last under a year.

Note: I tweeted @Innokintech a few days ago and posted in their forum here yesterday, but they haven't yet responded, or are ignoring me. So I thought I'd ask veterans.

Thanks.

Last edited:

RandyF

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Arizona
With the price of mods today, I would be happy to get a years use out of them. When I started I was paying a lot more for much less and some only lasted a few months before the button wore out or they just broke. I have enough now that I just rotate them in and out of use, others just collect dust (rDNA40's). You can get a very decent mod now for under $40, I have three, the Pico, Cuboid, KBox 160, all perform well.

Reactions: sawlight

FishingBuffalo

ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2012
Collinsville,TX
A year from an internal battery mod is actually pretty good. Look at the Target Pro, has a few upgraqdes to it. Also a replaceable cell mod could last longer, cells get weak in time, just replace cell if the electronics are good. I have a Heatvape 50W almost 2 years old, still works great!. Just got a Cuboid 150 and a Smok Quantum 80. Really like those as well.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Look for something with a replaceable battery. All these Li batteries have a charge cycle of ~300, if you're lucky. Once it will no longer hold a charge (which may happen if it's your main or only mod) you have few if any options for replacement. However, a mod that uses a standard 18650 battery will not have that issue. Swap in a new battery and you're good to go (unless something else wore out on the mod).

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
The problem is the built in battery, not the manufacturer of the mod. Batteries wear down, and the more you stress them the faster they fail.

As for Innokin, my wife has been using an SVD 2.0 exclusively since those were first released in October 2014. It still works like new. So Innokin makes reliable products, just try to avoid anything with a built in battery.

RandyF

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Arizona
If that's the normal experience now, do you have any insight into the Target 75w? Thinking about purchasing one as a replacement. Thanks.
Don't know anything about Vaporesso or their reliability. As others have said, and I have experienced as well, replaceable battery mods tend to outlast ones with built-in batteries. Having a quality charger is important though, so spend a few extra dollars to get a good one, and a good one should only set you back about $20.

The Cuboid is nice, but it does have some weight to it. That is not necessarily bad, just depends on your preference. My KBox 160 is also dual battery but much lighter, and is also made of metal. Picking a mod use to be pretty easy, now it is a cluster ****. So many options to consider, product history, price. The three I mentioned earlier I picked because they, above all, can use TC with all wires (SS isn't the norm just yet), but other must haves are.......

Manufacturer (just some I refuse to purchase from)
Replaceable battery
spring loaded 510
metal body (best longevity)

Research is your best tool because every manufacturer has had their issues. Find a couple you want, read what people are writing about them and choose the one with the least common issues.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I have two Innokin mods, an MVP Pro 3.0 and a Coolfire IV. Both work fine after a couple of years or more of intermittent use. I rotate several mods throughout the day.

The average mod costs about $40 these days. If you get a year out of one that's 11 cents a day cost of ownership. I never could get a carton of smokes (for about the same price) to last that long!

curtiscee

Nov 30, 2011
Washington, DC
Research is your best tool because every manufacturer has had their issues. Find a couple you want, read what people are writing about them and choose the one with the least common issues.

Thanks, a lot. I'm comfortable that I didn't receive a bad product and got ripped off, but now must consider replacement. I really appreciate the detailed response. I enjoyed my Innokin, so a good question to ask you and everyone else is simple: How would you rate my Innokin MVP 3.0? Your experience and feedback on MY device would give me a MUCH deeper understanding and appreciation of how much or little it compares to your preferences.

I'm getting the sense that one can certainly go wrong in purchasing a device, but that in general, it's becoming increasingly difficult to go soooooo wrong. I mean, would you or anyone else rally *strongly* against repurchasing my Innokin device? I suspect no. Would you recommend others however over it? I suspect yes.

I have a semi-rare opportunity to buy a new ecig device. So I want to take the opportunity to purchase a/nother good one. The following sounded like random personal choices, but nevertheless sound decisions. This is where I got the Target suggestion from:

curtiscee

Nov 30, 2011
Washington, DC
I have two Innokin mods, an MVP Pro 3.0 and a Coolfire IV. Both work fine after a couple of years or more of intermittent use. I rotate several mods throughout the day.

The fact that you rotate among several mods calms me, otherwise I'd be worried why your Innokins lasted for years when my only less than a year. Question: WHY rotate among several? Is it just for longevity, or you enjoy each one for different specific purposes and benefits? Were they gifts, or there's a reason you rotate among them?

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
The fact that you rotate among several mods calms me, otherwise I'd be worried why your Innokins lasted for years when my only less than a year. Question: WHY rotate among several? Is it just for longevity, or you enjoy each one for different specific purposes and benefits? Were they gifts, or there's a reason you rotate among them?

If you look at my signature they are mostly listed (the ones I had room for). I use small mods when I go out, work outside, or ride the lawn tractor to cut grass. The big ones get home use inside. One mod might serve me fine, but what if it breaks? :w00t:

Some are VW and some are TC. The Provari V2 is just plain old VV, but it vapes just fine. The Koopor is a dual 18650 mod. The Reuleaux is a triple 18650 mod. Both yield more battery life than a single 18650 mod. I like a USB charged mod when I'm out and can just plug it into the vehicle USB ports. Add a bottle of juice and I'm good for a while.

I buy mods when they are on sale. Most of that has happened since the FDA start nosing into our vaping. I don't ever want to be without something to vape. The more the better, IMO. I give them all a turn here and there to spread the wear and tear.

I something gets canned by the FDA in the next two years I want to have backup stock, some of which is available now, but may not be after FDA. I have a feeling they would like to limit us to something more like a starter kit vape if they can manage it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread