The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Expiration????

Discussion in 'General E-Liquid Discussion' started by the.quiet.rider, Dec 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. the.quiet.rider

the.quiet.rider Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 27, 2012
    Sheffield Lake
    Ok so I've researched as best I could to find out about EJuice expiration dates. It seems that everywhere I look, I'm getting different answers. Basically, does EJuice expire??What would be the type of consequences for vaping expired juice? I have some pretty killer stuff that's been sitting in my drawer for a couple months but I'm not sure if it's safe to vape :-/

2. IxJxOxHxNx

IxJxOxHxNx Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 8, 2012
    Levittown, PA
    Some ejuice bottles i have list expiration dates on them of 2 years from the date mixed. Hope that helps.

3. JazzyTech

JazzyTech Super Member ECF Veteran

Nov 16, 2012
    California
    If there's no date on it, I'd suggest you contact the company you bought it from and ask. Different flavors have different expiration dates depending on ingredients I'd think.

4. TGCR

TGCR Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 25, 2012
    Boston
    2 months? sounds like a good steep time to me ... vape away --- seriously e-juice has a 1 to 2 year expiration date

5. gthompson

gthompson Free at last Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 28, 2011
    Tennessee, USA
    Nicotine and flavorings can fade away with time, but it isn't like spoiled milk that can make you sick.

6. Robino1

Robino1 Resting in Peace ECF Veteran

Most of my juices I need to steep at least three weeks. I have quite a few flavors in my rotation. Two months is not old! Some people have had juices that they have liked best after a six month(!) steep. I believe it is safe to say anything less than a year is still good. ;)

7. Jimi D.

Jimi D. ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Oct 26, 2010
    Florida Keys
    PG and VG lasts a good year or two. Nicotine Base lasts a good year. Artificial flavors a good year also. Pg is antibacterial. VAPE ON!!! That juice is in it's prime!

8. the.quiet.rider

the.quiet.rider Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 27, 2012
    Sheffield Lake
    Thanks for the great feedback!!

9. Mr.Mann

Mr.Mann ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 30, 2011
    All over the place
    THIS^^^^

I just recently fell in love with a juice that was a year old! The only problem is that when re-ordering, it will not taste the same. My poin is that juice changes as it ages, what we call "steeping", so the most that may happen is the juice flavor profile may have changed -- that could be an awesome thing! Even if the juice is super old, maybe one of the only things you'd have to worry about is it not tasting good, the same, or the nic being the same percentage as it was when you ordered it. Happy hunting.

10. Racehorse

Racehorse ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 12, 2012
    USA midwest
    Reading up on VG, (by itself) state 12-24 months as expiration. That sounds about right for juice to me.

11. JazzyTech

JazzyTech Super Member ECF Veteran

Nov 16, 2012
    California
    Only thing I might add to the great info here is that you keep it in a cool, dark place. Heat will make it steep in ways you many not appreciate :)

12. Mr.Mann

Mr.Mann ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 30, 2011
    All over the place
    Good point! Also, cold will make the juice taste off until it reaches room temp. So in a way, the colder temps, but not so cold that condensation and thus bacteria could form, could help to prolong the life. That is just a theory.

13. Racehorse

Racehorse ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 12, 2012
    USA midwest
    BTW, the sickest I've ever seen anyone get, was my best friend when she stuck a bottle of some kinda flavored liquor in her car trunk and then forgot about it. yes, it was alcohol, but it had flavoring. I think it was pralines or something. She found the bottle after it had spent time in the trunk in heat......and made herself 2 small drinks. I was sitting right there. Within less than 3 fluid oz. of liquor, (probably about 2.5 fluid oz.) she was slurring and stumbling. It was so alarming, I took her to the hospital, but she was quite sick on the way.

So, PG or alcohol, etc. does NOT keep things from going bad. I know some people think that, but it is simply not true.

14. Faylool

Faylool Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Yeah. I had a bottle of wine like that when I was drinking and some kind of herbal aphrodisiac stuff that had alcohol in it. Very rank.

15. DaveP

DaveP PV Master & Musician ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    Keep them cool in a dark place. As long as it doesn't smell rank it's probably good. 2 years is pretty common for shelf life.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.