Exploding eGo-T battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    So I just got my smoktek ego passthru yesterday, had it charging while using it for about 5 minutes of light vaping, and suddenly it stops working. So as I investigate I touch the end and it is quite hot, and I unplug the usb cord and this glue like stuff came out, which I can only assume ismelted plastic. If the internals were melting after 5 minutes I dont want to know what would have happened if I left. Now I am just waiting to hear from madvapes. Not sure I want a replacement lol. I do want a 3.7vde ice so idk....

I think Health Cabin may have the new egoC UPGRADE passthru now- it has protection circuitry.....

r77r7r

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    I might be wrong but I believe HC has stated they won't be carrying the eGo-C Upgrade as they felt there was no real advantage over the regular eGo-C and would only confuse customers.

Yes, I saw that, and, as the 3rd supplier I've seen that has decided protection circuits aren't profitable. :( I'll buy the TWIST if it has the circuitry, but it doesn't come as a PT.

sibsie

May 8, 2012
    Boston
    photo.jpg

Fried.

NickZac

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 19, 2012
    Baltimore, Maryland--US
    Status
    Not open for further replies.