Face Book Poll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
A new poll called "The Smokeless Cigarette" has been created on Face Book. The question reads:

An artificial cigarette is invented that produces no first- or second-hand smoke; and 10000+ smokers try it, stop using tobacco, and stop wheezing and coughing. Should the invention be PULLED OFF THE MARKET until it can be proven safe and effective?

NO
YES

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Last edited:

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
logo.png
Results for "The Smokeless Cigarette Poll"

An artificial cigarette is invented that produces no first- or second-hand smoke; and 10000+ smokers try it, stop using tobacco, and stop wheezing and coughing. Should the invention be PULLED OFF THE MARKET until it can be proven safe and effective?

NO

17 (94.4%)

YES

1 (5.6%)

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
The count has increased to 36 (97.3%) to 1 today. Nobody else has has voted "yes" to pull them off the market. Do ya think it has anything to do with my challenge to anyone who votes "yes" to explain why they believe that tobacco smoking is safer?

And it occurs to me that maybe that is the challenge we should be throwing at the ones who are behind all this...the medical advisers to the ALA, ACS, and AHA, as well as the Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids to please explain to us the evidence they have that indicates that it will be safer for us to go back to smoking tobacco, and safer for the 40+ million smokers to stay on tobacco.

And while we are at it, let's throw in Senator Lautenberg for good measure.

Where are those fax numbers again? I will go look up contact info for the 4 non-profits.

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
VIA FAX

Senator Frank R. Lautenbert
324 Hart Senate Office Building
Washington DC 20510

Subject: Tobacco Safety Question

Can you please send me the evidence you have gathered that proves that smoking tobacco is safer than inhaling vaporized nicotine?

You must have such evidence. You asked the FDA to "take immediate enforcement action against manufacturers of 'electronic cigarettes' and take these products off the market until they are proven safe."[FONT="][1][/FONT][/URL]

I bought one just to use when and where smoking tobacco is prohibited. Somehow I ended up substituting my electronic cigarette for ALL of the tobacco cigarettes I was smoking! I guess nobody told the electronic cigarette that it was not permitted to be effective until clinical studies proved it so.

I've only been off tobacco and on the electronic cigarette since March 27. But within two weeks, I noticed that I have stopped wheezing! I have stopped coughing up globs of nasty junk in the morning. During the past year, my blood pressure was averaging about 135/85. Last night my BP was 117/79.

Mine is not a unique situation. As of this writing, 12,259 people have signed the petition asking the FDA to keep life-saving electronic cigarettes available. [URL]http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/keep-life-saving-electronic-cigarettes-available[/URL]

People who signed the petition were invited to leave a comment. You can read them. You will see thousands and thousands of people commenting that they tried everything else—FDA-approved patches, gum, lozenges, inhalers, and pills, without success. This was the thing that finally WORKED. They are reporting health improvements similar to mine.

These are people highly addicted to nicotine. If you get your wish, many of them, like me, will go back to smoking tobacco. Maybe the electronic cigarette isn't 100% safe. Can you provide us with proof that smoking tobacco is safer?

[URL="http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/#_ftnref1"][FONT="][1][/FONT]
Letter from Sen Frank R. Lautenberg (D-NJ), dated Mar. 23, 2009, to Frank M. Torti, Acting Commissioner, Food and Drug Administration.

SudokuGal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2009
USA-Florida
Currently the poll is:

No 66 (90.4%)
Yes 7 (9.6%)

The ratio seems to be pretty constant right now. Not sure how much this will help, Facebook's polls are pretty well buried unless you know they're there.

Yes, I had a heck of a time getting to it...I'm new to Facebook and I'm not overly impressed with it. But I did "publish" my vote to my FB friends, so that should help a teensy weensy bit in getting the word out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread