Facebook Advertising Bans Ecigs

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexrho

Reviewer / Blogger
May 16, 2011
rhodes
www.worldtopecigs.com
Facebook was allowing advertising on Ecigs and now suddenly they blocked it. I am very angry thought Facebook was different from google in their opinion about freedom of speech .

I write you down the message of World Vapers Community that shared just now :

<<Facebook New GuideLines about advertising ecig.

This is the message we received when we tried to advertise World Vapers Community.

Your ad wasn't approved because it violates Facebook's Ad Guidelines by advertising tobacco, cigarettes, e-cigarettes or related accessories.

They don't want us to get power as Vapers.

Spread our page all over Facebook and in your profiles

https://www.facebook.com/worldVapersCommunity >>

alexrho

Reviewer / Blogger
May 16, 2011
rhodes
www.worldtopecigs.com
Yes I confirm it. I saw now some ads.

I believe also they don't want a huge community of Vapers to be created in Facebook.

I ll try my best to support World Vapers Community because its unfair from Facebook this decision.
Because they don't sell nothing they are just a community.
But I repeat they afraid the power of the maze

Mozzer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 20, 2013
Rohnert Park CA, USA
I think there's a big difference between vendors with pages and advertisers. Advertising gets pushed to users regardless of the pages they subscribe to, whereas vendors with pages will be invisible unless you seek them out and subscribe. Was World Vapers Community advertising?

Edit: Sorry, my question was answered in the first post. My point about the distinction is true, however.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
So you say that they allow Vendors and not Communities? It doesn't sound logic.
If they wanted to fight ecig advertising the first should be Ecig Companies like Google did

I agree as the logic seems a bit circular. If they don't allow e-cig advertising, but they allow e-cig vendor pages - that use FB to put up notices of sales and discount codes that you can only get via the FB pages... How is FB going to split the baby with the bath water on this one?

tommy2bad

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Kilkenny
I think the advertisements are the side banner ones and vendor pages are not considered adverts. One is pushed to the user and the other is pulled by the user.
I don't actually have a problem with restrictions on what can be pushed by facebook, it's not that different from a watershed concept. I would have a big problem if they started removing social groups or vendors. That would be censorship.

2coils

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2012
New Jersey
I think the advertisements are the side banner ones and vendor pages are not considered adverts. One is pushed to the user and the other is pulled by the user.
I don't actually have a problem with restrictions on what can be pushed by facebook, it's not that different from a watershed concept. I would have a big problem if they started removing social groups or vendors. That would be censorship.
They do have the right to choose whats right for their investors and I guess this is their decision to make. They could have helped make a small difference. I guess its a tuff call. A lot of their user base is children. WE all know how important it is to protect the kids!

BuGlen

Divergent
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Tampa, Florida
They do have the right to choose whats right for their investors and I guess this is their decision to make. They could have helped make a small difference. I guess its a tuff call. A lot of their user base is children. WE all know how important it is to protect the kids!

I'll look at it this way... At least this is one less instance where the ANTZ can try to claim that e-cigs are being marketed to kids, so it's not necessarily a bad thing. Of course, I'm not a fan of Facebook anyway, so it doesn't make much difference to me. :D

Last edited:

2coils

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2012
New Jersey
I'll look at it this way... At least this is one less instance where the ANTZ can try to claim that e-cigs are being marketed to kids, so it's not necessarily a bad thing. Of course, I'm not a fan of Facebook anyway, so it doesn't make much difference to me. :D
In this pathetic world we now live in, that kind of makes sense;)

I also noticed a lot of anti facebook forum members here, I wonder if this is just a coincidence, or is there something to it???:confused:

AgentAnia

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2013
Orbiting Sirius B
...I also noticed a lot of anti facebook forum members here, I wonder if this is just a coincidence, or is there something to it???:confused:

I for one have nothing against Facebook as such. I simply have no desire to join and get involved there. I spend far too much time here on ECF (!) and there's just not any time left over for other web stuff. I feel the same way about Twitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread