Failed attempt at mixing CBD Oil (Olive oil carrier) with store bought eliquid, HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay87

Oct 1, 2019
Hi there, this is my first post on this forum. I'm very new to the vaping scene, but it has helped me immensely. I quit cigarettes(heavy smoker) and switched to pod systems(Renova Zeropod), and it's amazing how easily I was able to quit cigarettes. Alright, let me get down to it then(I know it was a mistake to do this, I got excited and carried away, so please go easy on me ) I tried mixing my CBD oil (olive oil carrier) into my store bought flavoured eliquid (for pod systems, with nicotine) and I know now that it was a mistake, with the risks of lipid pneumonia at hand. Could you/anyone be kind enough to explain to me if I can re-extract the CBD oil from my failed attempt e liquid-cbd oil mix, and how? Basically, is it possible to reverse whatever I did(I sincerely hope that it is; I used really good, potent, high quality CBD Oil and it would be a shame to lose all that goodness) I'd appreciate any advice, tips, and help, whatsoever, loads. Looking forward to some positive answers, cheers!

Reactions: BrotherBob

Katmar

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2009
Pittsburgh, Pa
Hey all, thanks a bunch for the quick response, and the wonderful welcome, much appreciated. Ok this is so saddening Then again, we live and we learn. I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed and hope someone comes up with an idea/technique to do so for a while longer. Cheers!
Welcome, and we hope you will stick around. One way to do that is to dump that CBD with oil. OIL is NOT meant to be vaped and can cause serious harm to the lungs or DEATH. Please dispose of it. :)

Katmar

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2009
Pittsburgh, Pa
Yeap, it's (was) oil based, however. As I understand, tinctures are alcohol based, do correct me if I'm wrong.
But you said it was an "olive OIL" carrier.....a HUGE NO NO.
You won't get a single person here to encourage you to do so. They make a water soluble cbd, but you are better off purchasing the CBD from a reliable vendor.

Sorry, you weren't addressing my post....:)

Last edited:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Chemical linked to deadly vaping illnesses

As of Thursday, New York had received 34 reports from doctors of severe pulmonary illness among patients who ranged in age from 15 to 46 who were using at least one cannabis-containing vape product before becoming sick. All patients reported recent use of various vape products, officials said. Many are suspected to be counterfeits or recreational cannabis-containing vape products available in other states.

Vitamin E acetate is basically grease, said Michelle Francl, a chemistry professor at Bryn Mawr College. Its molecular structure means that “you have to heat it up pretty hot” for it to vaporize. Its boiling point is 363 degrees Fahrenheit, which is well above the 212 degrees F boiling point for water, and nearly four times higher than normal human body temperature.

Once the oil is heated hot enough to vaporize, it can potentially decompose, and “now you’re breathing in who-knows-what,” Francl said.

** When that vapor cools down in the lungs, it returns to its original state at that temperature and pressure, she said, which means “it has now coated the inside of your lungs with that oil,” she said. **

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
BTW that concoction is not safe to orally consume now because of the nicotine in it.
Wrong. What are nicotine lozenges and gums? I wouldn't recommend drinking it like a pepsi, but drops of liquid are often dripped in the mouth of many vapers when clouds are no-no.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Yeap, it's (was) oil based, however. As I understand, tinctures are alcohol based, do correct me if I'm wrong.
Tinctures can be in almost any carrier for convenience.
IMO, In all cases, they are for topical, external application only unless stated otherwise by the manufacture.

Cheers
I

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread