Fairly cheap 5v or 6v mod ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vash

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2012
ethervapes.com
Which mech mods can be used in 5v or higher batt configurations and are safe ? And what is lowest ohm carto or clearo head that I should use on them?I use spinners now and want a mech mod but want to be able to get big hits with out needing to get a kick.

I like nice big hits when it comes to my vaping and I dont think a standard 3.7v mech will work for me even with LR carto or clearo on it.I had a Bolt at one point and only enjoyed it with new 1.7 ohm carto on fresh batt and after a hour or so it was just so so.I tend to use 1.7 or 2.0 ohm cartos at 4.2 or 4.3 volts thats why Im thinking a 5v or higher mech mod with standard ohm cartos would work well for me.Would be a plus if a Evod or Protank looks good on it :) If not I can stick to cartos not a huge deal breaker for me .

I would like to try and stay around $50 on a mod seeing as I will need to get batts and charger too.Can go as high as $65 to $75 .Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Vash

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2012
ethervapes.com
try the 5v wow mod from clouds of vapor, I have 4 of them had them since last june they rock I love them.$20 for the 5v wow and the Tenergy 2 LiFePo4 Batteries and Charger Pack charger is $17 and comes with 2 Batteries
The wow mod is ok but kind want something that looks different compared to my spinners .How does the wow mod look with a protank on it? Protank looks ridiculous on spinner thats why I want something different.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
No one knows any good 5v or 6v devices?

The best 5 volt PV on the market is the GLV2, but it's out of your price range:

GLV-2 Electronic Cigarette

A less expensive but good option is from Ken's Box Mods. In your price range and Ken stands behind his products:

5V Regulated Mod - Ken's Boxmods

But my suggestion is to get a variable watt Vamo for $39 ($70 with batteries and charger). I would get it from exhalevapor.com but they are closed today due Mothers Day. Here is what it looks like, however:

VAMO Rev.2 Variable Power (adjustable wattage), Variable Voltage APV - Polished Stainless

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Dont like the GLV look even if I did have cash and wish I could find something little nicer looking than the box mod.The Vamo Im still not sure about. Its good for the price but something keeps making me want something that everyone doesnt have :)

Well, I don't understand your point about the Vamo. Your price range is very limited. The Vamo is easily the best "bang for the buck" APV on the market. Cheap and hardly anyone else has it usually means a POS.

Vash

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2012
ethervapes.com
try the 5v wow mod from clouds of vapor, I have 4 of them had them since last june they rock I love them.$20 for the 5v wow and the Tenergy 2 LiFePo4 Batteries and Charger Pack charger is $17 and comes with 2 Batteries

After looking at wow mod I saw pic of it and its wider than spinner which is nice.Anyone have one and a protank? Would love to see pick of them together :) Wondering how it would look too with regular ego thread cover cone and not the one that comes with protank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread