Status
Not open for further replies.

Fury83

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2012
Nowhere
Anybody tried out these tec mod telescope/xcaliber mods?

To me, they are way nicer-looking than a lot of the other budget telescope type mods. It'd be great to know a little more about the performance and durability, though.

I keep thinking about it, they are 30 bucks at the link I posted. That's pretty darn cheap.

darkhood

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 22, 2012
PA
If I hadn't gotten a Natural yesterday and didn't have a ccts arriving today, I'd definitely pick up one of those 30 dollar tec telescopes. Aside from being better-looking than most, the bottom switch looks well protected from fall damage.

I just saw you recommended/asked about the xcalibur thing/tec mod in another reply...actually ran across it looking at the squire but I think I'm gonna grab one cuz I love the looks...could not tell where the button even was lol, apparently it's on the bottom..what do I know eh? Did I tell you I love ur name lol - GNR's version rocks!

DownOnTheFarm

May 26, 2011
East Texas
I just saw you recommended/asked about the xcalibur thing/tec mod in another reply...actually ran across it looking at the squire but I think I'm gonna grab one cuz I love the looks...could not tell where the button even was lol, apparently it's on the bottom..what do I know eh? Did I tell you I love ur name lol - GNR's version rocks!

Thanks, darkhood. it's kinda ironic for me nowadays, because I quite like the farm.

FWIW, the tec mod/xcaliber looks like far more than twice the mod that the squire is, so I'd say it's good value. Will probably get one myself as the switch on the Natural is bit stiffer than I'd like. So far, I prefer my ccts, but I've only had them a day or so.

darkhood

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 22, 2012
PA
Thanks, darkhood. it's kinda ironic for me nowadays, because I quite like the farm.

FWIW, the tec mod/xcaliber looks like far more than twice the mod that the squire is, so I'd say it's good value. Will probably get one myself as the switch on the Natural is bit stiffer than I'd like. So far, I prefer my ccts, but I've only had them a day or so.

Cool...that vote of confidence just pushed me over the edge...gonna go grab one now for sure :toast:

darkhood

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 22, 2012
PA
Here's an 18350 device...not quite a pure mechanical and perhaps not real sturdy. Nice price.

Joye EGO-T 2 MOD

Ya I'm done w/ joyetech, vision etc and anything w/ circuit boards...right now just want a pure mech mod so I have something when all this chinese crap I have dies on me (which I know it will, sooner rather than later) :D

darkhood

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 22, 2012
PA
Let me know how it is...that store is also a brick and mortar about an hour from me. I have only ordered online from them so far though I should probably drop by and say hi. Maybe buying one of them would be my excuse.

I'll post a short review - my first impressions on build quality, etc, for sure.

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
u have the smoktech telescope and the Nhaler is purely mech & cheapish on price too.
The smoktech bolt does have wires in it but they are easily accessed + replaced with solder.
I own a smoktech telescope and its fantastic in 18350 mode, my favorite small mech mod.
I do not like the looks of it in it's mid sizes, and the center tube floats in mid sizes.
But in 18350 and 18650 mode (or 18500 + kick) it is solid and center tube does not float.

There are more expensive mechanical mods out there like the Super-T mods but they are $$$

darkhood

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 22, 2012
PA
If I hadn't gotten a Natural yesterday and didn't have a ccts arriving today, I'd definitely pick up one of those 30 dollar tec telescopes. Aside from being better-looking than most, the bottom switch looks well protected from fall damage.

Button on the natural looks to be in an odd place but other than that I like it...is it all stainless do you know? Some sites say "made of stainless materials" lol.

DownOnTheFarm

May 26, 2011
East Texas
Got a CCTS, Natural, and a gripper this week.

So far, I like the CCTS over the Natural. With my preferred carto tank, the gripper looks weird but weighs next to nothing--the button is nice, too. Though not a mechanical, it is light, cheap, and, with xl cartos, super-compact for an 18350.

The tec mod telescope/xcaliber seems to have a better protected switch than the gg-ish mods and a sharper appearance.

ETA: Natural is stainless. CCTS is chrome over brass.

darkhood

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 22, 2012
PA
Got a CCTS, Natural, and a gripper this week.

So far, I like the CCTS over the Natural. With my preferred carto tank, the gripper looks weird but weighs next to nothing--the button is nice, too. Though not a mechanical, it is light, cheap, and, with xl cartos, super-compact for an 18350.

The tec mod telescope/xcaliber seems to have a better protected switch than the gg-ish mods and a sharper appearance.

ETA: Natural is stainless. CCTS is chrome over brass.

K tx, ordeing the tec mod tonight or tomorrow. My V8 should be in the mail today thank god, my spinner AND charger both broke yesterday and all I got left that's charged is a 350mah micro ego lol...sick of this chinese stuff but hopefully the v8 will last at least a few months and w/ the mech mod I'll always have something that works..

mrfixit

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Akron, Ohio
For all those interested in the Tec mod Rino series (caveman swagger) does a couple video reviews on you tube about it very informative. I am considering getting this one myself. So many choices! I also like the looks of the k100 empire clone as well. The Squire is a nice little mod and at the price by itself leaves the extra savings for some other goodies. Decisions decisions. :p

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
Just recently received my Natural and am quite pleased with it. I have always wanted a GG style APV, but either couldn't afford one at the time or it was just unavailable. I don't care for the looks of the telescoping mods, (bottom buttons), out there and was very intrigued by the sleek look of the natural and a few others like the Squire. The only problem with the Squire was it was not fully mechanical. Anyways, I was really amazed by the look and feel of the natural. It is very stealthy in 18350 mode. All tubes and end caps are stainless. The contacts in it are brass, but plated. No biggie though, nothing a little sandpaper can't take care of. I really like the button on it especially. Has the right feel and, (for lack of a better term), feels very natural with either pinkie or ring finger to use. I like the fact the button doesn't protrude out as far as some of the other devices out there. Very easy to lock and unlock. Overall it is a quality APV at a very affordable price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread