Fairly new to e-cigs, looking for advice from others in similar situations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mstanton

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2011
IL
Thank you all so much for all this great information. I believe I will be going with the eGo after reading all of your comments and from my research on my lunch break. I was thinking this would be a good purchase to get started: Joye eGo Starter Kit | Electronic Cigarette Starter Kit | E Cig Kit at LiteCigUSA I really liked to fact it came w/ a USB charger. Any suggestions on better deals or places to order are more than welcome. Thank you all again!

Balthezar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2011
Fayetteville, GA
Good setup there, Mstanton. You'll have the extra battery just in case, and I really love the eGo, although a lot of people think it's a bit 'small', as in not enough 'power ar ar ar' . Gives me the TH I want, and good vapor, and doesn't cost an arm and a leg, plus the 510 threads make it compatible with a lot of stuff.

zomgname

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2010
AR
If you want to save a little money I'd go with the Riva personally, they come with USB charger as well (it also plugs into the wall charger the comes with it), and are ego clones,

Electronic Cigarette - Starter Kits - Riva 510

If you click on the 20% discount on the top left then go back to the starter kits, the Riva kits are from $30-$35.
It doesnt come with the pouch or 2 cones (I dont use the cones myself anyway), and it comes with 10 empty carts, which I think is better than prefilled (put your own juice in). I got the SE edition, so it's black and silver, like an ego, vs. black and gold, like the standard riva. It has all the other things the Ego kit has for $20 less. I think the Riva has a bit more power fresh off a charge than an ego does too, but I can't be sure of that.

Good choice with either that you go with though! You'll get use to the slightly bigger size almost right away. :)

Mstanton

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2011
IL
Hi all. I got my ego today and I went through all the regular prep work. Charged battery, blew and cleaned out atomizers. But it seems I can only get 5-10 vapes before I get a burnt taste. I filled the cart up with about 12 drops and dropped one on the atomizer. Is it just the PV breaking in or am I missing something. I stirred the filler around while refilling and I even took it out and added a few more drops, it's definitely saturated. And help would be appreciated. Thanks!

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
Hi all. I got my ego today and I went through all the regular prep work. Charged battery, blew and cleaned out atomizers. But it seems I can only get 5-10 vapes before I get a burnt taste. I filled the cart up with about 12 drops and dropped one on the atomizer. Is it just the PV breaking in or am I missing something. I stirred the filler around while refilling and I even took it out and added a few more drops, it's definitely saturated. And help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Make sure your filler is up to the edge of the cartridge and slide it into the atty until it hits the little ridge about midway on the cart. It sounds as if the filler isn't coming into contact with the atomizer bridge which causes it to not wick correctly.

Personally, I would get a couple boxes of Boge 2.0ohm cartomizers if I were you. Carto's a a lot easier to use. Might pick up a 510 drip tip also for the cartomizers.

If you want to stick with the atomizers, dripping might be the way for you to go but you need a drip tip to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread