New member: looking for advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

devlindchi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2012
Los Angeles
I purchased an ego 350mah, and a dv mini nova on Sunday, it should arrive tomorrow. Also, the package I got from litecigusa was wrong, they sent me 306 cartridges and not the 306 cartomizers I ordered, they said they will be shipping out my cartomizers today, and that they cannot accept the cartridges back after they ship them out. So once my post count gets up to 40 I will gladly trade them for some e-liquid, I have 3 boxes of 5 and 1 of 4 (I thought that the black rubber plug could have been a cover for the threaded end so I opened one cartridge).

wcampbll

Nov 27, 2012
illinois
commercial carts can really vary on how much fill is in them-some good posts on it here in forum. also have a BLU kit I bought when i forgot my other kit on a trip-but am going to return it shortly-1 battery died completely within a day, the other only holds up for about 10-15 puffs and have to recharge-plus the cart inconsistency you noted. Also have a tececig revolution kit from a mall vendor and 25 empty carts left over that i plan to refill and use as a alternate til the batts die. Plan on getting an eGo kit, some extra carts and have e-mailed ahlusions to get some advise on some of thier e-liquids i plan to order.

devlindchi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2012
Los Angeles
commercial carts can really vary on how much fill is in them-some good posts on it here in forum. also have a BLU kit I bought when i forgot my other kit on a trip-but am going to return it shortly-1 battery died completely within a day, the other only holds up for about 10-15 puffs and have to recharge-plus the cart inconsistency you noted. Also have a tececig revolution kit from a mall vendor and 25 empty carts left over that i plan to refill and use as a alternate til the batts die. Plan on getting an eGo kit, some extra carts and have e-mailed ahlusions to get some advise on some of thier e-liquids i plan to order.

I have heard of the battery issues, luckily I haven't had any of those issues yet. I have been having an issue with the premium PVC, they use felt to push the battery on to the charger when you close the lid, well after a while the felt gets indented into the shape of the tip of blu and doesn't push it down on to the charger, I have had to cut and add padding onto it in order to get the battery to charge. I cleaned out some of my old saved blu cartos, and filled them with my VS juices. After about a couple of hours I just pop the cap off and add in a few more drops to keep them going.
I am looking forward to trying out my ego with the nova.

tater_salad

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2012
New york
I'm very partial to Smoovs. I have two batteries and their cartos are great with them. They also have small tank clearomizers. They have larger batteries too.
THOV

Hello fello bufalonian.. is THOV open for walkins now?? You can also pick up the smov stuff at a slightly increase price from juicy vapor...

Anyways..
I'd say go with a larger battery like an ego, and a decent clearomizer, like a nova or Kranger
if you are parital to cartomizers you can go with boge and save bit of scratch over the Smoov brand ones ($1.50 per instead of $2+ per)

devlindchi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2012
Los Angeles
So I was curious on how much liquid blu puts in their cartomizers, so I bought a pack from walgreens and decided to see how many drops of the VS ten cure I could add. With out over filling (I think I could have gotten more in some of them because they never puddled at the top) I was able to add 6-9 drops. Also the filling looked pretty dry before I even added any.

CJB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2010
Phoenix
The ego is a great segway from the cig style PVs. I too started out wanting a PV that looked like a cig. Same size, same look etc. I quickly got over that and just wanted a good vaping experience. I think most folks tend to go that direction. However like another poster said, the ego is not at all un-pocket-friendly.

Check out the KGO too. Ive used both ego and KGO systems in the past (before moving to mods), and I liked the KGO better, and prices are usually better too. However if you end up wanting variable voltage, youll proably find the ego twist more user friendly than the KGO VV.

devlindchi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2012
Los Angeles
The ego is a great segway from the cig style PVs. I too started out wanting a PV that looked like a cig. Same size, same look etc. I quickly got over that and just wanted a good vaping experience. I think most folks tend to go that direction. However like another poster said, the ego is not at all un-pocket-friendly.

Check out the KGO too. Ive used both ego and KGO systems in the past (before moving to mods), and I liked the KGO better, and prices are usually better too. However if you end up wanting variable voltage, youll proably find the ego twist more user friendly than the KGO VV.

That is why I went with the ego 350mah. I figure even with the dv mini nova I will be able to fit it into a shirt pocket or jacket pocket. I plan on first only using it at home or at work when I am the only one in the office. Though I do plan on using my blu on campus, people tend not to really react to my blu, but a kid on campus has a box mod, a pretty good sized one and I have seen him get stopped by campus police. I know it isn't anything illegal but I would rather just avoid the hassle of dealing with them and having to explain what it is.

devlindchi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2012
Los Angeles
I got my ego 350mah and mini vivi nova in today. I charged it, filled it with VS VS4 and... wow, I get waaaaaay more flavor and throat hit. It caught me off guard. Oh and the VS juices definitely taste better after I let them steep. Now I just need to order a few other mini vivi's so I can rotate my flavors.

x GRE x

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2012
Terre Haute, Indiana
I have a ZMAX bat lasts only 4 hrs on 1.5 ohm Aty and has a connection problem like not a single carto works on it only adjustable rebuild able atys I can use my fav vv mod is the ProVari battery lasts longer and works with evry thing except for genesis like all other vv mods

I use genesis attys on my provari all the time it works fine for them also it has a built in ohm meter to make testing your coils a snap.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread