Fake Vaporesso Tarot Nano?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caesar77

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2017
Hello everyone,I'm new here and this is my first post,please to meet you.

I bought a Vaporesso Tarot Nano yesterday,and today I realized the interface doesn't look the same as in all the video reviews I have watched,the battery indicator is horizontal,it should be vertical,there is also additional numbers on the bottom of the mod and the tank wich I have never seen in any video about the mod that I have watched (20 or so)

I decided to check the authentication number and to scan the QR code that the mod comes with,Vaporesso.com says the code has already been used,and when I scan it,it takes me to a weird chinese web site (query.t-secu.net).

Also the card explaining ceramic coils (wich I have seen in all videos that I have watched) is missing,when it should come along with the warranty card and the warning card.

I'm afraid I have purchased a falsification of the mod and I have nowhere to ask since I'm new to the world of vaping,of course I don't want to ask the stores staff in wich I bought the mod because they could trick me easily since, as I said, I'm new to all this andneither I want to go there and complain with no proof.

Sorry for the very long post and thanks a lot for reading,I would much appreciate it if someone could help me clarify my doubts.

I'm also sorry if this is not the aproppiate section of the forum to post these questions.

Last edited:

Caesar77

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2017
A picture of what the interface looks like,I have searched for hours in hopes of finding anything about fake Vaporesso products or different Tarot Nano interfaces but I have had no luck they all look the same,vertical batery indicator,no numbers on the bottom of the mod nor tank,etc

I'm worried that it might be defective if it's not an authentic product and I don't want the thing to blow on me.

Thanks again for reading.

Attachments

• IMG_20171207_114518182.jpg
    IMG_20171207_114518182.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 535

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
Curious about the operation/functions of your mod. The Tarot mods are all capable of doing Custom Curve of Wattage (CCW) and Custom Curve of Temperature (CCT). Have you had a chance to explore the menu options? That may tell you if your mod is authentic.

What troubles me is the fact that the display is wrong on yours, which might indicate a different chip/board - something other than the Omni that Vaporesso uses in the Tarot series. That and the counterfeit scratch-off.

Edit:

If you hold down the power button and the settings button at the same time (with the mod on) it will give you the model and firmware number. The current firmware is 1.42. If yours says something else it may be older/new firmware and possibly explain the differences in your display.

Last edited:

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
I bought a clone from a brick and mortar store that was sold as authentic. I went back and explained why it was fake, and they refunded my money and apologized. When I returned later, they had also pulled all the counterfeit items from the shelf.

I would at least ask them - you might be surprised. If they try to BS you - shop somewhere else.

Caesar77

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2017
Curious about the operation/functions of your mod. The Tarot mods are all capable of doing Custom Curve of Wattage (CCW) and Custom Curve of Temperature (CCT). Have you had a chance to explore the menu options? That may tell you if your mod is authentic.

What troubles me is the fact that the display is wrong on yours, which might indicate a different chip/board - something other than the Omni that Vaporesso uses in the Tarot series. That and the counterfeit scratch-off.

Edit:

If you hold down the power button and the settings button at the same time (with the mod on) it will give you the model and firmware number. The current firmware is 1.42. If yours says something else it may be older/new firmware and possibly explain the differences in your display.
It has the wave modulation feature and it also helps me setting the wattage depeding on the coils resistance.

Thanks a lot for pointing out that I can get the firmware spec by holding the buttons: Tarot nano/Ver 1.43/TPCBA nano/2017-10-11.This is what I have,it might be a new thing then,I just freaked out when I saw there were a bunch of differences between my tarot nano and the other tarot nano mods.

What I dont understand is why they made the numbers look like the ones in old cheap electronic watches,they look very smooth in all the reviews I have watched.

The numbers on the bottom of the mod and tank still bug me but I guess it's just maybe a new production or something,also it smelt weird when I opened the box after purchasing it and the bottom of the mod where the little holes are smells the same weird way,I know it's pretty random for me to write that but is it ok?I know the holes are for the battery and I don't know if the weird chemical smell is a red flag.

Thank you very much for responding!

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I don't know enough about your mod to say whether it's an earlier version or a clone, but the authenticity code would bother me enough to take it back to the vape shop, and request a refund or exchange.

It is possible that they knew it's a clone, but they may have purchased wholesale and been ripped off themselves, in which case they shouldn't be upset, but glad you brought this matter to their attention.

If you go in with a good attitude and explain the issues, I'd find it unlikely that they'd be nasty to you, or unavailable for future purchases, and if they WERE nasty about it, I personally wouldn't shop there anymore, for anything, if it's a genuine counterfeit. They can look it up for themselves, and if they are a) knowingly selling counterfeits and b) are obnoxious when you bring the matter up, you need a different vape shop, even if it's online. Plenty of great online vendors, and it would just be a matter of finding sites where you can purchase needed items like juice and coils, which is not so hard.

Best of luck,

Anna

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
Yeah, I am also bothered by the code not working, along with the 1.43 firmware. I looked and the current version of the firmware was 1.42 as of this morning.

Like Anna said, go back to the shop and explain all of your worries to them. Any reputable seller should show some concern if they are being duped by their suppliers and they should be willing to give you a refund. If they don't seem to care or make it right, it may indicate that they know they are misrepresenting fakes as authentic. If so, I would spend my money elsewhere...and tell anyone that would listen that they are frauds.

Last edited:

Caesar77

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2017
Yes I'm going to do that,I established contact with Vaporessos Technical Support and I've sent them the authentification code(wich they asked for)along some pics about the differences between my mod and other tarot nano mods,I'm going to wait a little bit until they respond and see what they tell me but either way I will go to the shop and talk with the staff sooner or later.

Thank you very much for responding guys,you helped me a lot!

Last edited:

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
It disturbs me the verification code didn't work. I'd be immediately suspicious. It is also possible you have an early version of the firmware and an upgrade might put the battery indicator back where it's supposed to be, etc. I'm just guessing here, I don't have the mod. Good luck and let us know what happens.

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

Caesar77

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2017
It disturbs me the verification code didn't work. I'd be immediately suspicious. It is also possible you have an early version of the firmware and an upgrade might put the battery indicator back where it's supposed to be, etc. I'm just guessing here, I don't have the mod. Good luck and let us know what happens.

The thing is I think I first scanned the QR code then I tried to verify it on the vaporesso webpage,so I don't know if that might be the problem and that's why the vaporesso webpage tells me that it has been already used.

The QR code just brings me to a weird chinese website(see picture), wich says it's a genuine product, then when you click on further authentification it asks you wether or not the Vaporesso logo over your authentification code has some effects that it should have, it does, then you click on submit and nothing happens.

Also if it was an older version I would be totally fine with that, the thing is it's v1.43 wich doesn't exist and there is nowhere to download such upgrade on the official Vaporesso website, the current and most recent firmware version is the v1.42.

And out of atleast 20 videos that I have watched about the Tarot Nano only in one of them the mod has the same interface as mine and it's about the owner having battery problems so there is something weird going on.

And again the card explaining ceramic coils is missing, there are additional numbers on the bottom of the mod and tank,different interface then you add on a non existent firmware and a used authentification code and I have plenty of reasons to believe it's fake,Vaporesso Technical Support hasn't replied so far,if they don't do by tomorrow I will just go to the store but I would like to have proof that it's not a authentic Vaporesso product.

Thanks for replying and reading me.It would be great if some person that owns or has purchased a Tarot Nano recently could post some pics to compare.

Edit:wow I didn't realize how big my post was,sorry!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171207-111738~2.png
    Screenshot_20171207-111738~2.png
    444 KB · Views: 226
Reactions: stols001

Caesar77

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2017
Alright,Vaporesso Tech Support just responded.(See pics)

I sent another separate email to ask about the firmware and the responses are very contradictory.

One says that my mod is authentic while the other says that no v1.43 firmware exists and that they are not planning on releasing a new firmware version for the Tarot Nano.

I don't know what to think,I will keep digging I guess.

I sent them the same pictures of the mod that I uploaded here btw.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171208-132515~3.png
    Screenshot_20171208-132515~3.png
    62.3 KB · Views: 248
  • Screenshot_20171208-132453~2.png
    Screenshot_20171208-132453~2.png
    64.8 KB · Views: 239

Caesar77

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2017
Alright,they contacted me again and this time they told me it's the new firmware that they update the Tarot Nano with at the factory where they ship them out and that they might not upload it to the webpage.One of the messages said that they double checked with the engineer and it's indeed a genuine product and the firmware is theirs.

Now I feel dumb,sorry for wasting your time and thanks everyone for helping me out,hope that atleast this post might help paranoid people like me in the future:D

Thank you again :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread