Fastech clones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dizzo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2015
Milwaukee
So I'd heard of the site and just checked it out. Wow, so many clones!
I see a lot of the same models at different prices. What's up with that?
Are any of these worth trying? I'm sure they don't live up to the authentics, but are they even functional?
I'd love to hear about the specific ones you've tried.
This is aimed at rta's

Chromag9

ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2013
United States
I took the plunge into RTAs a few weeks ago. I didn't want to spend a ton before I knew whether or not I'd like it or whether I would be able to build and wick my own coils. I decided to purchase a kayfun Lite clone ("styled" on FT). I received it a few weeks ago and so far it's been awesome. The oring at the top came a bit smooshed and didn't hold a seal really well so it leaked a little (not bad at all) but I ordered replacements from a US store ($3.50 with free shipping) and it's been working great ever since.

You can't be in a hurry, though, since it comes direct from China. It took mine about 3 weeks to come in. But at around $15 with shipping it was a deal.

VHRB2014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2014
Nic`d Up in Oklahoma!
My 8 dollar Orchid v2 clone is my by far favorite RTA. Simple, easy, runs like a super charged big block. 8 freaking dollars!

L1050052.jpg

Last edited:

twgbonehead

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
MA, USA
Make sure you read the discussions if you're planning on buying one. (I find the discussions more helpful than the reviews).

While there are many excellent clones there, you will also find some that are not good quality - poor finish, or threading, crooked posts, etc.

However, price is not the determining factor for quality, some of the cheapest are also some of the best.

Now is NOT the time to order, though, as Chinese New Year begins on Feb 15th, and everything over there clogs up badly (including the postal service) and that's the one time of the year where the chinese post loses more than the usual number of packages.. I would wait until at least March 7 or so before ordering.

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea
Another vote for the OTM Aqua V2 on FT , it's an excellent RTA/RDA , and I agree with Roxy the Rose clones are fine as well . I also had excellent luck with their KF 3.1 clone , the first KF clone they started selling .

I have the FT Aqua V2 (OTM) and its vapes fine. The killer for me is no glass tank. Aqua SE should have that shorted soon.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
I just looked up the Mirror on FT. How do you even build on that?

Good question as I'm still experimenting :laugh: My build is working, but I think it could be better. I have duals in the top right now with wicks going all the way to the bottom. Next up I'm going to try shorter wicks. Then I'm going to try flipping it and coiling in the bottom. When I find the best build, I'll let the rest of the world know.

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea
Thanks for the heads up on the chinese new year.
Found the rose v2 clone on ebay (cheaper than ft). I plan to get the taifun gt v2 and an orchid v6. They also have a earlgonkin (I'm sure I spelled that wrong) with a glass tank that interests me.

Be careful with the Erlkonigan they whistle (whooosh) like mad. Worst RTA I've ever owned. The only good I can see is they are small, light, and hold a fair bit of liquid. Flavor and vapor production only fair-to-mediocre.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Be careful with the Erlkonigan they whistle (whooosh) like mad. Worst RTA I've ever owned. The only good I can see is they are small, light, and hold a fair bit of liquid. Flavor and vapor production only fair-to-mediocre.

They do whoosh, but I disagree on the flavor. They bring flavors out in my juice I didn't know were there.

twgbonehead

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
MA, USA
Thanks for the heads up on the chinese new year.
Found the rose v2 clone on ebay (cheaper than ft). I plan to get the taifun gt v2 and an orchid v6. They also have a earlgonkin (I'm sure I spelled that wrong) with a glass tank that interests me.

Dizzo,

Although they're plastic tanks, you can find erlkonigin clones here for $5 each.
Angelcigs Clearance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread