Faster battery charger??

Status
Not open for further replies.

moishesmom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2012
west bloomfield

Thanks Thrasher - I'll check it out. I wasn't aware that it would be better for the battery, the long time span was just driving me nuts. Any vendors you can recommend for it?

moishesmom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2012
west bloomfield
Good quality = Pila. I hear Xstar is good too. One way to know how fast it can charge is checking the wall adapter for the output current, the higher it is, the faster it will charge. 1amp is best, below 500ma is slow.

Thanks justin....I just checked & mine says 500ma...guess that fits the 'slow' - very slow. Pila & Xstar will be checked out tonite & hopefully ordered. Anyone in particular that carries both?

jkmtwo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2012
Lebanon TN
moishesmom:8322532 said:
Good quality = Pila. I hear Xstar is good too. One way to know how fast it can charge is checking the wall adapter for the output current, the higher it is, the faster it will charge. 1amp is best, below 500ma is slow.

Thanks justin....I just checked & mine says 500ma...guess that fits the 'slow' - very slow. Pila & Xstar will be checked out tonite & hopefully ordered. Anyone in particular that carries both?

Super T and RTD carry both. I've had both, and I prefer the Xtar, its cheaper, either the SP2 which is $10+ cheaper or the WP2, which is more than 1/2 the price of the Pila. The great thing about the Xtar WP2, not sure if the SP2 has this, is the output function.

moishesmom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2012
west bloomfield
Super T and RTD carry both. I've had both, and I prefer the Xtar, its cheaper, either the SP2 which is $10+ cheaper or the WP2, which is more than 1/2 the price of the Pila. The great thing about the Xtar WP2, not sure if the SP2 has this, is the output function.

jkm....you're awesome. I'll go there, just tell me what is the output function that I'm looking for? :confused:Sorry, but when it comes to electronics, I've got the brains of a road-cone.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
the wp2 is also able to be used in the car with the included car adapter plus it has a USB if your phone or something needs a quck backup.

the way the chemistry is made it is better to force the charge into the battery faster at a higher rate, then slower most of the time. the 500ma setting is for smaller batteries like 350's but big ones need higher output.

jkmtwo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2012
Lebanon TN
jkmtwo:8323173 said:
The SP2 has a USB output, so lets say you are camping, or without power and you want to charge your cell phone or similarUSB device, you flip the switch to output and put a charged battery in the bay, and just like that you have a power brick.

I'm sorry, I said the SP2 in this comment, I meant the WP2.

http://www.rtdvapor.com/online-store/battery-chargers/xtar-wp2-ii-detail

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I bought the Pila when I got my first mods several months ago. Nothing to compare it to, but it seems to charge fast. Still seems to be working great.

I read up on the Pila before I bought it and despite its higher cost, I liked the theory behind the special algorhythms it uses to charge batteries. I highly recommend it and RTD Vapor.

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
I have a 'trustfire' multifunctional charger that seems to take forever (approx 8 hrs) to charge 2600mah batts, & that's only charging 1 batt at a time. Can anyone suggest one that is speedier & of good quality.....pleeeez!:blink:

Slow charging of your batteries is preferable to fast chargers.Just buy more batteries and keep them in rotation, in the long run you'll save money.

Faster charge+ more heat.....heat+batteries=bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread