• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

fasttech e-juice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kulsius

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2013
Utena, Lithuania, Lithuania
Yes, a 650 mAh battery will probably last you 4.5 - 5 hrs on a good day. This is why people use batteries like these:

$14.79 Panasonic NCR18650B Rechargeable 3400mAh 3.7V 18650 Lithium Batteries 2-pack - authentic cells / 2-pack at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

in something like a Vamo for an all-day vape.

These babies are stronger than my phone's battery! I bet there is no way I could use these instead of 510 with my clearo... (I mean without totally remaking whole e-cig into box or something)

Kulsius

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2013
good rule of thumb is approximately 1 hr per 100mAH, but it all depends on your vaping habits...I have a 650a battery that will last me all day, 12-13 hrs...I read from a vendor here that their 510 battery was to be charged only with a 200 mah charger and will only last 2-3 hrs max..

If so, why do they even bother making battery, that can hold 200mAh? It looks like very situational battery... Why can't every battery be made, like, 1Ah? Maybe even 2Ah? It would make them much better solution imo... (let's not think about the fact, that more mAh battery can hold the faster it's getting used out because of charges and produced heat)

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
These babies are stronger than my phone's battery! I bet there is no way I could use these instead of 510 with my clearo... (I mean without totally remaking whole e-cig into box or something)

The Vamo v2 and v3 have Ego threading as well as a 510 connection. Most clearos will fit it. If not, use an ego/510 adapter.

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England

Kulsius

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2013
Why not give Evods a try? They're cheap and work very well imho. With a high vg liquid you can pump out vapour with these.
As I'm just starting my journey to vapeland, I don't think I want to spend whole fortune on different models and variations when I still have one that does it's job. But I'm gonna check it now, so atleast I'll know what it looks like.

Edit#1: After very fast research, I assume Evod is not very different in appearance from what I actually have and it goes with same 510 battery?

Last edited:

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
As I'm just starting my journey to vapeland, I don't think I want to spend whole fortune on different models and variations when I still have one that does it's job. But I'm gonna check it now, so atleast I'll know what it looks like.

Very sensible. It's a good idea to try a few different clearos to see which ones work best for you. Also always have spares - if you have no atomiser that works because one has just burned out you can be lead to smoking again.

Kulsius

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2013
Very sensible. It's a good idea to try a few different clearos to see which ones work best for you. Also always have spares - if you have no atomiser that works because one has just burned out you can be lead to smoking again.
Well, I plan on trying various combinations someday, but as student I don't have much money to try them all right now.
What do you mean by "burned out"? You mean just dead or like something burns inside and ruins vaping while clearo still theoretically can be used?
And if I run out of anything (battery, clearo, atomiser, juice) I would simply stop vaping for that moment and I don't think I would be back to smoking, because I already had analog today and I actually didn't like it- tossed it away after few smokes... (I thought it would be great idea to smoke after a good meal while battery was charging... :facepalm:)

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
Well, I plan on trying various combinations someday, but as student I don't have much money to try them all right now.
What do you mean by "burned out"? You mean just dead or like something burns inside and ruins vaping while clearo still theoretically can be used?
And if I run out of anything (battery, clearo, atomiser, juice) I would simply stop vaping for that moment and I don't think I would be back to smoking, because I already had analog today and I actually didn't like it- tossed it away after few smokes... (I thought it would be great idea to smoke after a good meal while battery was charging... :facepalm:)

Glad that you won't go back to smoking. Atomisers can burn out or pop when they reach the end of their lives (which varies greatly from atomiser to atomiser). Basically the wick & coil packs in. Sometimes you go to vape and it just doesn't work any more.

The advantage of the Evod is that it is a bottom coil device and produces a nice cool vape. It is also super-easy to replace the "head" (the coil/wick bit).

I know that students have to be careful with cash (I was one once back in the dark ages) but it's false economy not to have enough spares imho.

Kulsius

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2013
Glad that you won't go back to smoking. Atomisers can burn out or pop when they reach the end of their lives (which varies greatly from atomiser to atomiser). Basically the wick & coil packs in. Sometimes you go to vape and it just doesn't work any more.

The advantage of the Evod is that it is a bottom coil device and produces a nice cool vape. It is also super-easy to replace the "head" (the coil/wick bit).

I know that students have to be careful with cash (I was one once back in the dark ages) but it's false economy not to have enough spares imho.

Coil and wick packs in... what the heck is coil? and how they can "pack in"?
Cool vape you say? IDK, sounds interesting... maybe someday I'll get it... someday...
If i had no spares at all, I couldn't even start vaping. Maybe even would have to quit smoking the hard way...
Also, what "steeping" means? I've seen it a lot, but can't figure what it means...

Kulsius

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2013

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
Coil and wick packs in... what the heck is coil? and how they can "pack in"?
Cool vape you say? IDK, sounds interesting... maybe someday I'll get it... someday...
If i had no spares at all, I couldn't even start vaping. Maybe even would have to quit smoking the hard way...
Also, what "steeping" means? I've seen it a lot, but can't figure what it means...

The coil is the piece of wire that the battery's electricity goes through to warm up the liquid on the wick. They "pack in" over time because with usage they become gunked up or thinner and then cease to work properly.

Steeping is when you leave your mixed e-liquid around for a bit before using it. Some people leave the top off of the bottle - others don't. It apparently matters more with tobacco flavours - but as none of them truly taste of tobacco how much can it matter?

If it tastes good, vape it - and try fruit flavours if you haven't. Blackcurrant works very well, or from Liqua Cherry or Apple.

Kulsius

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2013
The coil is the piece of wire that the battery's electricity goes through to warm up the liquid on the wick. They "pack in" over time because with usage they become gunked up or thinner and then cease to work properly.

Steeping is when you leave your mixed e-liquid around for a bit before using it. Some people leave the top off of the bottle - others don't. It apparently matters more with tobacco flavours - but as none of them truly taste of tobacco how much can it matter?

If it tastes good, vape it - and try fruit flavours if you haven't. Blackcurrant works very well, or from Liqua Cherry or Apple.
That explains a lot. So no matter what I do, someday my clearo will die... pretty sad :( As dyi juices are long way for me to go, even knowing a bit is a good start. Doesn't leaving bottle open diminish taste by "letting it away"?
I've tried friend's strawberry, mango, apple and cherry. Loved them! My next order will mostly have them :D Also, what should I do with coconut flavour? It's very dry and after few seconds I instantly want to drink water... Taste itself is not that bad, but vape is so dry... Mixing with mint helps a bit, but doesn't fix it entirely. And by mixing I mean at least 60% mint...

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
That explains a lot. So no matter what I do, someday my clearo will die... pretty sad :( As dyi juices are long way for me to go, even knowing a bit is a good start. Doesn't leaving bottle open diminish taste by "letting it away"?
I've tried friend's strawberry, mango, apple and cherry. Loved them! My next order will mostly have them :D Also, what should I do with coconut flavour? It's very dry and after few seconds I instantly want to drink water... Taste itself is not that bad, but vape is so dry... Mixing with mint helps a bit, but doesn't fix it entirely. And by mixing I mean at least 60% mint...

I can't help with the coconut as I have never used it. With a flavour that is dry or "furry" on the mouth adding more pg can help.

You can get new heads for your clearo but anything beginning with CE is, imho, fairly fragile. I've had CE4s collapse in my pocket.

The Evod is more robust and, because it's a bottom coil clearo, you don't have to spend your life tilting it up and down. Its heads are also more robust than the "Dangly mop-head" stuff you get with CEs. Just my tuppence - as always, ymmv.

I do think that flavour can escape by leaving the top off of the bottle - but others will tell you that this is essential for letting the taste develop.

Best thing to do is have a go and see how it works out for you.

szot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
hmm... looks pretty much like the one I have, only this one's batter is stronger and better looking... AND IT'S TWO! shame that I paid much more for one and worse
And yes, i'm interested! Also, these batteries also compatible with Evods? (Looks like 510, and Evods looks pretty similar to these... so why not?)

These batteries are compatable with CE4's, rebuildable CE5's, Evods , protanks etc..and most any clearomizers, rebuildable or not....and with any juices, U must drink much water because all eliquids dehydrate you...

Kulsius

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2013
Last edited:

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
umm... robust? what does THIS one mean?

And i know that vaping dehydrates, but it's not like that... It's just like mouth is so dry, as I was eating sand or something...

Is this how real Evods look like? $9.00 EGO-K / EVOD 2-in-1 USB Rechargeable 650mAh Electronic Cigarettes Set - silver at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

OK - robust just means that it is stronger in use than the stuff you currently have. It will take more knocks.

Water is your friend. When you vape, always have water on the side. If you're drinking vodka then have two glasses of water on the side.

Otherwise your mouth is going to feel like a flea-bitten rug.

Kulsius

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2013
Have no idea what vapers tongue is, but I don't like when such things have their own name... I hope it's not what I feel... It's just whole mouth dry as hell...
And I always have lot's of water next to me. Sometimes tea, sometimes vodka, beer, whiskey, rum or some cider, but no matter what I always have lots of water. I hope drinking 3-4 litres a day is pretty enough.
So it's clear that my next purchase will have at least one Evod and spare batteries on top of bunch of various juices... Maybe I'm forgetting something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread