• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Decent Cartomizers and Tanks from Fasttech?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vangroover

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2013
Vancouver, Canada
Hello all,

I'm looking for recommendations for cartomizers and tanks that are available through fasttech. I'm thinking of moving away, or at least trying something different than clearomizers. I recently bought some cartomizers from a local shop and I'd like to get into it a bit more. I think I'd prefer testing out the cargo/tank combo by buying from fasttech first, given that it's generally much cheaper.

This said, I understand that the quality of some of their stuff can be poor. However, if they might have some halfway decent options to check out, I'd love to know.

I'm currently using an Ego C battery and have a Vamo v2 on the way, if that may help in your recommendations.

I understand that some/many on the forum have misgivings about fasttech. If I may, I'd just want to say that I'm not really looking for a debate on Fasttech itself (i.e. whether one should buy from China or not), rather I'd just like to know of they have some decent gear that could fill my need. I'll buy from wherever, as long as the product and price are good (and spend my savings locally!).

Thank you in advance.

vangroover

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2013
Vancouver, Canada
I'd don't mind debating, I'm just not looking to debate that particular topic. And I say that will all due respect to those who may have strong feelings on the issue.

Just want a cheaper option to check out another way to vape. If I like it, then I'll search out the best and spend more $$ at that time.

Perhaps I'll post where you recommend, if it doesn't work out here. Thanks, Ref.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Last edited:

hvac999

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 21, 2010
    Charlotte, NC
    Last edited:

JUDGMENT AFFIRMED

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 24, 2012
    BELLE VERNON PA.
    Hi tj99959 - why single instead of dual? Also, have you found that the prepunched cartos work well, then? No modifying of the holes required?

Hi vangroover,
    Your battery will need recharged twice as fast, but I bought my first dual coil when tj put up that link to ectronicstix and I'm glad I bought 50 because I like them. I don't use a carto tank that much but the 2 hole prepunched worked fine for me with 80/20. Good luck

Baditude

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    I've not looked too much at the Fast Tech stuff. I prefer not to use Chinese-made gear if I can find it made elsewhere. It's a matter about quality of parts and quality control.

If you can find a cartotank with polypropylene tubes like below (Smoktech makes these I believe), that might be a good deal. My first cartotanks were like these and are decent quality for a first tank. I can't speak about the quality of Smoktech's pyrex cartotank as I haven't used one. I pretty much only use pyrex tanks made by IBTanked.

dctank.jpg

I also prefer single coil cartos over dual coils. DC's are over rated with no benefits and they drain your batteries faster.

Last edited:

Wow1420

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 17, 2013
    Somewhere out there

iowajosh

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 25, 2012
    iowa
    i bought a few tanks named "Authentic X8 2.5ml Electronic Cigarette Atomizer"

I don't use the top screw but i like the side screw to keep the tank from sliding around on the carto. They can also use short cartos which are cheaper.

They do work but I've only had them for about a month and I don't use tank cracking juice. If nothing else, they come with a drip tip so they are very cheap to try.

Nev NYC

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 21, 2013
    Bronx, NY
    The X8 is a decent carto tank

http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10004956/1336002-authentic-x8-25ml-electronic-cigarette-atomizer

The carto it comes with is trash but its a good tank if you use a Boge, Smoktech, or ikenvape 35mm low res carto. They have a fill hole on top that works great with a syringe or needle tip bottle. Surevapes is one of the best and cheapest places to get Boges. HoosierVapes has them for $4 a box when in stock but they charge for shipping. Surevapes ships free over $25 I think. Don't waste you money on buying replacement cartos from FT.

Baditude

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    Seems prepunched is a good way to go for the cartos, agreed?

Agreed. If you can land some Ikenvapes, they are the best available. If not, I prefer Smoktechs over Boge. Just personal preference.

Here's a large list of online vendors that sell pre-punched single coil cartomizers for cartotanks: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/baditude/3295-2-sample-list-vendors-selling-pre-punched-single-coil-cartomizers-cartotanks.html

tank lengths.jpg

You might find this cartotank tutorial helpful: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/baditude/3710-5-cartomizer-tank-setup.html

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
    Senior Moderator
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 15, 2011
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread