• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

fasttech rant about a costumer advocate "nemo"

Status
Not open for further replies.

miroko

Oct 13, 2014
Lisbon, Portugal
Hey guys,

Just want to share what happened to me.

In order to understand my point of view let me tell you how I buy from them.

I pay with PayPal, but I do not own a credit card, so I use a virtualization CC system, called MB net, you just create a virtual credit card which is linked to your bank account, set the maximum money amount you want to use, and you have a CC for 1 month.
Then I associate that virtual CC to PayPal so I can pay trough it.

Last month I ordered a manta v2, and January 12th, the item was restocking for the 4th time.

So I open a ticket and ASK them if I canceled the order how I will be refunded.
I asked this because I didn't want a refund to PayPal since the virtual CC that I had payed was already expired.

Them my troubles start, someone named "nemo" replyed to my ticket saying, that he canceled the ordered and refunded my PayPal.

Damn, what the hell, why did he canceled my order???????

Since then I've been back and forward with him, explain him that the money now is lost and I can't use the CC again because it expired.

Every time I try to explain him this he just reply with "sorry for the inconvenience".

I opened another ticket to talk with a different person, but he closed the new ticket saying we were already discussing the subject in other ticket.

Discussing? The only thing he reply is " sorry for inconvenience, I believe you can use your CC again to buy a new item".

I'm very mad right now and I recommended to all the people I know to stop doing business with them. Focalecig has good prices to and I've never experienced such a bad business practice like this, and they ship faster also.

First time in my life that a costumer service Representative by his mind cancel a costumer item, make him lost the item and the money and reply "sorry".

Did any of you experienced something like this with them?

I guess I can forget my money and the item, but I would like to hear some suggestions how I can have my money back.

I guess they are thinking they already have a large costumer base so what if they screw some costumer, in the end they will just say " sorry" and took your money leaving you with nothing.

Last edited:
I would say that every retailer both online and off that I have ever done business with has a policy that all refunds are provided via the means of payment at the time the order was placed. If you pay by cash, you get cash, if you pay by check, you get a check mailed to you (or you get cash if the check has been processed already), if you pay by CC, that very same card and ONLY that card gets the refund. Pay by paypal, get credited to paypal. The only exceptions I have ever seen were when store policy dictates that you will get the refund via store credit.

I would contact MB.net about it.

miroko

Oct 13, 2014
Lisbon, Portugal
I have contacted MB net and PayPal, I'm waiting for their response now.

But if they didn't cancel and refund without my knowledge this would not be a issue.

Big problem here was I asked how they handle refunds, and they just canceled my order and refund.

It's like you go to a police station, ask them how manny years you get if you kill someone, and then they arrest you and put you in jail.

Point here is, they made a error and now the costumer is the one who suffer the consequences.

First time ever that a company cancel my order and refund me because I asked a question. And I do buy online for many years.

miroko

Oct 13, 2014
Lisbon, Portugal
FT will refund in 2 different ways...YOUR Choice and selection..U can request refund in the same manner U paid (Paypal, CC, etc)...OR U can request a Gift certificate which is applied to your account IMMEDIATELY....U choose, NOT FT chooses..

That's right.

And they choose for me, I asked a question, and they canceled and refunded me without my consent.

miroko

Oct 13, 2014
Lisbon, Portugal
Im confused, i realize you used the weird card system to pay, but you DO have a Paypal account (as i read it) so wouldn't the money just be credited to your Paypal virtual balance and be available to use again?

PayPal sent the refund money directly to the expired mb net virtual CC.

I talked to my account manager, he assure me that I will receive the money, but it will take time, since they have to exchange mails with mb net service. (He also told me PayPal doesn't have any fault since they received the money from ft and send it to the mb net expired card).

I still have in transit 4 orders that I made from them, and have done business with them in the past, everything was great, but after they played with my money without my consent I think I'm done with them.

And all they have to say to me is " sorry for the inconvenience ".

xtwosm0kesx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
Face down in the gutter, USA
That's right.

And they choose for me, I asked a question, and they canceled and refunded me without my consent.

*EDITED* for info posted above.

Well at least it sounds like you'll get the money back, which is good!

I realize it was an inconvenience but doesn't strike me as something that would cause me to give up the utility/value of FT, or not recommend it to others.

You do enough transactions with anybody and eventually there will be some kind of issue, especially a foreign company that is well known for employees that are not proficient in English.

Last edited:

miroko

Oct 13, 2014
Lisbon, Portugal
*EDITED* for info posted above.

Well at least it sounds like you'll get the money back, which is good!

I realize it was an inconvenience but doesn't strike me as something that would cause me to give up the utility/value of FT, or not recommend it to others.

You do enough transactions with anybody and eventually there will be some kind of issue, especially a foreign company that is well known for employees that are not proficient in English.

Yeah, you're right, I don't think I will stop buying from them, but I was so mad yesterday.

After they played with my order as they pleased, I lost my head. And nemo replys weren't the ones I would to hear.

Today they replied to me with a different approach, no more "sorry for the inconvenience" , and today they are really trying to help.

Maybe yesterday nemo was having a bad day, or maybe he really didn't understand my problem.

Either way, I will keep buying from them, (can't beat their prices and their quality ) but now on I will make only small orders, this way if everything goes south, the loss is minimal.

szot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
about 2 weeks ago, nemo, a customer service rep, has been put on "alert" and warned by FT staff about ALL his past wrongful actions and replies.. which is posted in the FT forums...U can always post in the FT forums if you have a problem with any CS rep or replies in any ticket , or email FT at their "Support" email address..

miroko

Oct 13, 2014
Lisbon, Portugal
about 2 weeks ago, nemo, a customer service rep, has been put on "alert" and warned by FT staff about ALL his past wrongful actions and replies.. which is posted in the FT forums...U can always post in the FT forums if you have a problem with any CS rep or replies in any ticket , or email FT at their "Support" email address..

Sorry I didn't answered early, but my job sometimes it's very demanding.

Thanks for the tip, already emailed FT support, and complained about the way memo handled everything.

Just for you guys know, the money will be back to my account by the end of the month.

Thanks all for the replies

szot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
BEFORE using a website it makes sense to read their FAQ's...U would have saved yourself a lot of time and grief...

Frequently Asked Questions: FastTech

4. How are refunds handled?

Payments made through PayPal (or your credit card)
•Within 60 days of payment: we can refund either to your PayPal/credit card account or, issue you a gift certificate (also known as store credit).
•After 60 days: refunds are sent as gift certificates.

Note: the 60 days rule is imposed by PayPal.

Payments made through gift certificates
•Refunds are sent as gift certificates.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread