• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Fasttech Veterans

Status
Not open for further replies.

terry w

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
Manchester UK
Happy New Year All :)

I just knocked up 100 ml of Lews Brew but gone for a heavier VG this time 25/75. The reason i`m trying this is so i can top fill my bellus rather than taking the base out everytime. So my logic is a thicker juice may stop the flooding when top filling :)

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Happy New Year All :)
I just knocked up 100 ml of Lews Brew but gone for a heavier VG this time 25/75. The reason i`m trying this is so i can top fill my bellus rather than taking the base out everytime. So my logic is a thicker juice may stop the flooding when top filling :)
Happy New Year Terry!
Hope the higher VG does the trick! :)

vapervince

Jul 29, 2016
Preston UK
A belated Happy New Year to one and all, and my apologies for neglecting the community for so long.

I`ve back tracked a few pages and I can see that all the usual suspects are still going strong (did Ian ever reappear ?), so that`s a good thing.

The mixing came to nought, I`ve got over 70 concentrates and must have tried over 200 recipes, of which about 4 were palatable and most were downright nasty, and I`ve ended up vaping the same toonz recipe that I make myself, so that went well then ! How`s it going for you George/Brynglas, are you still mixing ?

I could do with replacing some of my Isticks, like an idiot I bulk bought at a good price and even though I`ve been rotating, some are acting up. My problem is that the guy at my local B&M told me that Eleaf stopped making Isticks a couple of years ago and the battery chemistry wouldn`t hold out even in storage. I would value your opinion on that Bob, if you wouldn`t mind.

Other than to say I moved up to Preston in June, that`s just about me caught up.

Brynglas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2014
ΩFlint MountainΩ
How`s it going for you George/Brynglas, are you still mixing ?

Happy New Year Vince.:)
Still mixing and more than happy with the results.
Only one regret,all the money i wasted on pre-made juices.Maybe three out of ten were good,but i had some shockers(that went down the sink).Literally pouring money down the drain.
TPD did me a favour in a way.

vapervince

Jul 29, 2016
Preston UK
A couple of the one shots were ok but if you search for the original recipes, they`re much better. I found it best to steer clear of NETs, coffee, melon and anything with blueberry as the main flavour.

As far as I`m aware TPD has only affected me in that I can`t buy any more LEMOs, but I have 10 and I`ve calculated that at my present consumption I have enough nic to last me till I`m 136 !!!

Brynglas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2014
ΩFlint MountainΩ

vapervince

Jul 29, 2016
Preston UK
Hi Dave, yea I spotted that but I didn`t want to seem ungrateful after George had taken the time to do the research. I`m ok for attys they came with plenty of spares, it`s the mods I`m more concerned about, I don't want to start messing about with charging and rotating separate batteries and to tell the truth I've been using fixed battery mods for so long I don't think I`d be safe to let loose around anything else.

Reactions: Pictor

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
My problem is that the guy at my local B&M told me that Eleaf stopped making Isticks a couple of years ago and the battery chemistry wouldn`t hold out even in storage.

Istick Picos are very good mods and FT lists dozens of them. Cheap and reliable. The battery chemistry is as good as the 18650 you shove in it.

Or have a look in the horse's mouth:
E-cig Mods & High Performance Batteries | Eleaf UK

I think that your "guy at your local B&M" may be in error - they do still make iSticks! Old built-in-battery mods do give up the ghost eventually, however.

Last edited:

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
A belated Happy New Year to one and all, and my apologies for neglecting the community for so long.
I`ve back tracked a few pages and I can see that all the usual suspects are still going strong (did Ian ever reappear ?), so that`s a good thing.
The mixing came to nought, I`ve got over 70 concentrates and must have tried over 200 recipes, of which about 4 were palatable and most were downright nasty, and I`ve ended up vaping the same toonz recipe that I make myself, so that went well then ! How`s it going for you George/Brynglas, are you still mixing ?
I could do with replacing some of my Isticks, like an idiot I bulk bought at a good price and even though I`ve been rotating, some are acting up. My problem is that the guy at my local B&M told me that Eleaf stopped making Isticks a couple of years ago and the battery chemistry wouldn`t hold out even in storage. I would value your opinion on that Bob, if you wouldn`t mind.
Other than to say I moved up to Preston in June, that`s just about me caught up.
Hi Vince - and Happy (also belated) New Year!
Ian hasn't been back - he's been missed.
I still mix a 5 flavour Chefs recipe that I stockpiled a now discontinued flavour for, but I like a lot of their one-shot ones in various brands. Mostly though, it's still MCV and Claire's Ambrosia.

I stockpiled mods - still got plenty too. I've had fewer iSticks wear out than three Sigelei mini's (which I really liked), and two CoolFire 1V's which aren't holding a lot of charge now, plus a Cloupor Mini which just died for no apparent reason. Still got plenty unused still - including the iSticks, Pico, MiniVolts, Aspire NX100, ...and probably a few I've forgotten! Some are fixed battery, some aren't.

Only one regret,all the money i wasted on pre-made juices.Maybe three out of ten were good,but i had some shockers(that went down the sink).Literally pouring money down the drain.
TPD did me a favour in a way.
I had the same thing happen, and totally agree!

I found it best to steer clear of NETs, coffee, melon and anything with blueberry as the main flavour.
Those are all amongst my most hated flavours! :) ..I do have the concentrates to make 'Lotta Ice Cream Latte' though ..may try it before too long ;)
I have plenty of nicotine too, and also had a years supply of 3mg VG - plus some 10ml nicotine shots.

Istick Picos are very good mods and FT lists dozens of them. Cheap and reliable. The battery chemistry is as good as the 18650 you shove in it.
Or have a look in the horse's mouth:
E-cig Mods & High Performance Batteries | Eleaf UK
I think that your "guy at your local B&M" may be in error - they do still make iSticks! Old built-in-battery mods do give up the ghost eventually, however.
They're easy and work ...that's why I always liked the iStick ...I see a couple of newer ones too iStick Power and a slim, neat one, iStick Trim - plus others.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Nice find Pipey, I`ve bookmarked that one.

Hi Trish, I still get 5ml vaping out of the isticks but the electric delivery is not right with some of them, burnt flavour or continuing to fire for a second after I`ve taken my finger off the button, minor stuff but annoying.
True, the earlier ones delivered more power than stated, so needed to be adjusted down. I've also had two that carried on firing for a short time. One now gone, the other a spare for when others charging.
The 50 and 100W ones are fine, and the 30 pretty much OK too. It's the 20W that had the most problems I think.

Reactions: stols001

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
You might want to look at the Wismec Sinous P80 or the Vaporesso Tarot Nano or Mini (the Sinous and Tarot Mini both take 18650 batteries, which means you only have to replace the battery when it dies), Nano has a built in battery so will only last as long as the Lipo does, similar to the iSticks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread