Status
Not open for further replies.

ed101z

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
East TN
I discovered after the post that I had ordered the Vamo kit with the EURO wall plugin. I had saved the wrong bookmark, and was tired and sleepy when placing the order. Just wanted to get the ball rolling before going to bed. (Damn! Leave it to me to mess something up!)

I have contacted fasttech about the situation. Hopefully, they can intercept the package before it leaves Hong Kong, and correct my mistake with the Vamo kit that has the U.S wall plugin.

In case they can't, is there any way to connect Euro plugins to U.S outlets?

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
I discovered after the post that I had ordered the Vamo kit with the EURO wall plugin. I had saved the wrong bookmark, and was tired and sleepy when placing the order. Just wanted to get the ball rolling before going to bed. (Damn! Leave it to me to mess something up!)

I have contacted fasttech about the situation. Hopefully, they can intercept the package before it leaves Hong Kong, and correct my mistake with the Vamo kit that has the U.S wall plugin.

Google "eu to usa plug adapter". Amazon has them for less than $2 (plus whatever shipping).

Hope you get your order straightened out though. Would be nice to not need the adapter and to save a few bucks.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla

yea best buy or shack should sell converters for them. couple bucks. or just get a eu to us converter in another FT order lol

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
It's the updated V2 Vamo (Dark screen, wider well) Should fit the evods, but the $1.95 ego/510 adapter is always something to keep on hand JIC.
Nitecore chargers are great and the panny CGR/CH's are very good for the Vamo!

Sounds good. Thanks for the quick reply :toast:

LeoRex

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
United States
From what I've seen/heard, there are two variants of the V3 kicking around.... identical except for the battery tube. One of the variants comes with two differing length tubes, one for 18350, one for 18650. Most of the people who purchased from Fastech seem to be getting this model. The other variant has two equal length tubes, so to go from 350 to 650, you screw on the second tube. This is the model I got (I purchased mine from MVS) and seems to be the variant (based on web site pics) that most of the US domestic sites have in stock.

SupplyDaddy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
From what I've seen/heard, there are two variants of the V3 kicking around.... identical except for the battery tube. One of the variants comes with two differing length tubes, one for 18350, one for 18650. Most of the people who purchased from Fastech seem to be getting this model. The other variant has two equal length tubes, so to go from 350 to 650, you screw on the second tube. This is the model I got (I purchased mine from MVS) and seems to be the variant (based on web site pics) that most of the US domestic sites have in stock.

Fasttechs...

1395801-5-thumb.jpg

I have yet to see a tube size difference in any vamo...

LaurAnnHere

Jun 23, 2013
Oak Ridge, TN, USA
To Anyone:
...IF you recently purchased a Vamo from Fasttech, could you please confirm something. Could you please look at the Power Cord and tell me if it has this writing on it?
--> "PVC YOUZHI JULUYIXI JUEYUAN DIANXIAN 250/300V".

I mistakenly ordered the Vamo kit with the Euro plugs, ...so Fasttech mailed me two US power cords. I need to confirm it's the same power cable you guys got with US Vamo kits. It seems a little flimsy and thin compared to the Euro power cord.

There were two different chargers you could get with the kits. I got a Nitecore charger. They had an option for another charger that I had read poor reviews on. I don't know which charger you got. My cord is really thick and that is not what is written on it.

SupplyDaddy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
View attachment 229580

I got my V3 Monday from Fasttech. It says Vamo V3 everywhere. I suppose I wouldn't know the difference with my limited knowledge if it was a knockoff, but I think it's real. Looks like all the ones I have seen reviewed online.

A Vamo is a Vamo is a Vamo... They are knock offs of each other... Or all originals.. at least 12 factories in China make them.

ed101z

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
East TN
There were two different chargers you could get with the kits. I got a Nitecore charger. They had an option for another charger that I had read poor reviews on. I don't know which charger you got. My cord is really thick and that is not what is written on it.

I re-edited my post that includes more information. But yes, I got the Nitecore and Panasonic Batteries.... but however, I mistakenly ordered kit with the Euro power cord. The two kits are supposed to be the same except for the plugin power cords.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread